PDA

View Full Version : Family Suites at All Star Music

mikevm
08-05-2007, 11:45 PM
Ill be visiting in november from 12th to 19th..anyone have any experience with staying at family suites?

divinedi
08-06-2007, 10:18 PM
I can't say I've been in the ASMusic Suites, but personally I can't understand the draw:confused:. If you were to ask for two connecting rooms (door that opens only between the two rooms), they generally do that for families, you will have 4 double beds (suites have one queen and one double pull out couch and two chairs that pull out into beds I think). The suite has a kitchenette admittedly, but I don't go to Disney to cook or anything, so I wouldn't need that, I cook enough at home!:( I'm on vacation, but if I still had small children it would probably come in handy, my kids never wanted to eat much when they were little, so breakfast and maybe even lunch would have been good in the room. Two bathrooms in either, but the suites are more money than two rooms, it really depends on what you are feeling you will need. Good luck with your decision! The main thing is - you're at Disney!!!:cloud9:

lbjjh1
08-07-2007, 08:20 PM
I am also interested in opinions of the suites. We are discussing staying there in October because we are a family of five. We are also looking into two rooms. Thank you for all thoughts.

mulderxcoltrane
08-07-2007, 08:25 PM
Something to be aware of:
WDW will only guarantee connecting rooms if the children outnumber the adults on a reservation. Otherwise (and I was told this rather sternly) connecting rooms are simply a request and no guarantee. So, depending on the season in which you visit - it may be tough to secure connecting rooms - but it never hurts to ask.

martinfamily5
08-23-2007, 12:40 PM
We are a family of 5 and stay at POR. Isn't this cheaper then 2 value rooms or a suite? Just wondering.

Strmchsr
08-23-2007, 01:04 PM
Because suites are not eligible for discounts 2 rooms is almost always a good bit cheaper than a suite.

piratelilostitch
08-24-2007, 10:32 AM
We are a family of 5 as well and finding a room that will fit all of us is a challenge. (kids are 14, 9 and 5) We are going this September and priced out POR and ASMusic. I thought it would be nice to stay in the "nicer" hotel but found out it was cheaper to get 2 rooms with connecting door (guaranteed since 2 adults vs. 3 kids). Also the big bonus I figured was 2 BATHROOMS!!! Although we don't spend a lot of time in the room I figured it would be nicer to have the extra bit of room 2 rooms would give us but worried that we would miss out on the "nicer" resort features.

Turned out we wanted to arrive one day early because of flight times and had to take a room at POR for the first night. So we will get a chance to try everyone out in both rooms and will be well prepared for picking the resort for next year's stay!!!