PDA

View Full Version : le cellier question?

mikevm
08-05-2007, 11:24 PM
Will be visiting wdw Nov 12th to 19th and tried to get an adr for le cellier..they are completely full....any suggestions or should i just keep trying or give up?

IloveDisney71
08-05-2007, 11:27 PM
I would choose an alternative rest. and make reservations there. THEN I would keep calling to see if there are any cancellations for LeCellier. You never know when someon else's plans will change. If you are lucky enough to finally get a res. at LeCellier, you can cancel the other reservation at that time.

DDuck66
08-06-2007, 10:05 AM
Also try to make an ADR for odd times. Go for an early dinner or a late lunch. We have not had any problems before, but we are usually making ressies for a party of two (you did not say how many people are in your party). Just keep calling and go ahead with back up plans. You can also check at the park at Guest Relations when you arrive.

DisneyAndRedSox
08-06-2007, 10:24 AM
I heard that when people reach the deadline to cancel their trip (somebody please help, is it 45, 60 or 90 days) is a good time to call. Start calling that many days out and things may open up as people cancel their trips.

Ms.Disney
08-06-2007, 10:42 AM
Keep calling you never know! I had our trip planed and payed for with the DP before the free DP was offered, I called about 3 weeks after it was out they told me all the rooms with a king bed were booked for the resort we wanted......I kept calling and calling and finally it payed off Disney refunded us $600.00 for the DP an we are getting it for free:mickey: I have heard other people having the same luck with ADR so just keeping calling.

Mommy2boys
08-07-2007, 10:23 PM
I couldn't get dinner so I booked it for lunch

LauraF
08-08-2007, 09:08 AM
Le Cellier is one of the most popular restaurants on property, plus it doesn't have as much seating as others. It's a combination that makes getting an ADR there equivilant to an Olympic Sport.

There's nothing wrong with continuing to try, but I strongly suggest you go elsewhere and only cancel the second ADR if you can get one at Le Cellier. (If you want a nice steakhouse, try one of the ones at the resorts. They still have open tables.)

faline
08-08-2007, 09:37 AM
Another possibility is to arrive just as they are opening for lunch and/or dinner. Last summer, we did a quick weekend trip and did not make any advanced reservations. We were able to walk in to Le Cellier for lunch (though 10 minutes later, walk-ins were being turned away).

PAYROLL PRINCESS
08-08-2007, 08:08 PM
I'd keep trying. I haven't eaten there yet, but have heard excellent reviews.

Goofster
08-08-2007, 09:23 PM
Another possibility is to arrive just as they are opening for lunch and/or dinner. Last summer, we did a quick weekend trip and did not make any advanced reservations. We were able to walk in to Le Cellier for lunch (though 10 minutes later, walk-ins were being turned away).

Thanks for the heads-up. We have a lunch ADR, but would prefer to have dinner there instead. WE might end up rolling the dice and seeing if we can make it for dinner instead as a walk-up.

LoriMistress
08-08-2007, 10:14 PM
Right now Le Cellier is now the new IT restaurant. I would suggest calling them back either 45-30 days before your departure. There might be some last minute cancellations. What I would do right now is having a back up restaurant. And when you call back if you are able to get an ADR for Le Cellier, just make sure you cancel your other ADR.

disneyboy98
08-09-2007, 02:49 AM
I know that I may get some dirty looks from people reading this but when we called to reserve a spot at Le Cellier, all it took us was one phone call in the middle of the afternoon to get in for a noon lunch.

We honestly have no idea how it happened and how we lucked out. As you know, it is a very populor "IT" restaurant on property and reservations are hard to some by. We put very little hope into eating here because of what people had said about how hard it was to get a reservation.

We called two weeks prior to our trip, gave the CM on the phone a list of the dates we would like her to try booking a reservation for (again, trying to be flexible), and she came back to us and said "we have this date and this time, do you want it?" Of course we said yes! To be quite honest, the CM was even a bit surprised that she was able to get us in with only two weeks prior to our trip.

I think the trick is to call frequently, give them a list of possibilities (dates, times, etc.) that they can play with and see what happens. If it can't happen on one day that you call, you call again the next day. Hopefully, someone will have cancelled their reservations during the course of the day and you are the next person to get that reservation.

I guess the moral of the story is, if you want to make sure that you do eat at Le Cellier, you will must be flexible (as much as you can) with what date and time you want to eat there.

I hope you get a reservation and have as much fun at Le Cellier as we did! It is definitely an awesome experience!:eat::tasty: