PDA

View Full Version : Hi Im a Newbie

mikevm
08-05-2007, 11:23 PM
Hi...taking my 4 yr old and 7 yr old for their first visit to wdw in november from 12th to 19th...staying at all star music family suites..anyone have any experiences staying there?

WinnipegDisneyFanatic
08-06-2007, 01:30 AM
:welcome: TO INTERCOT!!

I can't answer your question because I've never stayed there - but I'm sure someone will be along shortly to help you out!

Chris :hatter:

luvdiznee
08-06-2007, 07:56 AM
No experience with the "suites" portion of ASM but have stayed at the resort. We did preferred and were in the first building when you come out of the main building. And it was nice the laundry room was very close as well as the pool. I have read the suites can sleep up to 6 so you will have a lot of room, I'm sure. :mickey:WELCOME!

Marker
08-06-2007, 09:39 AM
Welcome to the family, we're glad you joined.

I have not yet experienced the new family suites, so I'll look forward to hearing your review when you return.

I have however stayed at All-Star Movies, and Pop Century.... two other value resorts. The value resorts are great, especially with younger kids. The theming is big, bold, and fun, and really adds to the Disney feel.

I like the family suite idea. We have in the past stayed in 2 connecting rooms. Having two separate bathrooms available was great. In my opinion, having 2 value rooms worked better that one larger room at a moderate.

Some folks are not fans of the values, but I find them to be a lot of fun. There's an energy at the values that the moderates don't have. The moderates may be "nicer", but the values are more "fun". I've never stayed at a deluxe, so I can't speak to them, but we tend to go back and forth between moderate and value.

Have a great trip, and remember to tell us all about it when you return.

sashiroo
08-06-2007, 09:53 AM
I took my boys back in April and we stayed in the All Star Family Suites. We LOVED them!! You walk in the room and it is a living room with a bathroom on one end. Keep going, hang a left before the bathroom and there is another bathroom, the kitchenette, and the master bedroom. It was absolutely perfect for us! You will love it. I especially liked having the master. I put the kiddos (5 & 2) to bed and I could watch tv and have some time to myself. The only reason we aren't staying there for our next trip is b/c the family suites weren't on the free dining. You'll have so much fun!