PDA

View Full Version : Wishes Fireworks Cruise

Suzibell1968
08-05-2007, 09:09 PM
My friend and I just figured out our families will be at WDW the same week! She was able to snag a Wishes Fireworks Cruise out of Wilderness Lodge.

This is not something I had researched or planned on....is it worth it for little ones (4, 7 & 9)? The two families will split the cost, but still, a lot of cash....we have already added the P&PP for our last night.

So what are your thoughts? There will be 10 of us on the boat....4 adults and 6 kids ages 13, 10, 9, 7, 7, & 4....all boys except the 10 yr old.

Thanks!

Pirate Granny
08-05-2007, 11:27 PM
Although I didn't have any small children...we had the fireworks cruise a couple of years ago at Xmas time...it was a highlight of our trip...(82 father, DH, 3 adult DD and myself) it was expensive...you are lucky to have someone to split the cost...make sure you bring a sweater as the water gets cold at night. My only complaint is that we couldn't hear the music...but I'm told that some boats do have speakers that synch with the fireworks...
ENJOY...a vacation is for memories and if you can squeeze your budget (perhaps a couple of less snacks...remind the kiddies that you are going on a special cruise)...

:pirate:

Maleficent's Dad
08-06-2007, 08:37 PM
We had the Wishes Cruise with kids as young as 5 - and they LOVED it. No crowds in the park trying to exit...

If possible, get a boat WITH music. It makes a huge difference! :mickey:

Suzibell1968
09-02-2007, 08:35 PM
I just thought I would update my own post in case others found it when searching for Wishes cruise information.

We had our specialty cruise for Wishes...ended up being Pirates and Princess Party fireworks, but still fantastic. Our boat cost $275 plus we gave a $50 tip because our captain was so fantastic. (rain delay kept us on the water for nearly 2 hours instead of the expected 45 minutes). We shared with another family, friends of ours. It was worth every penny and then some! I would do it again in a heartbeat. I highly recommend it. All the kids loved it too....ages 4, 7, 7, 9, 10 & 13....only one girl among them and that was the 10 yr old. It was fantastic!