PDA

View Full Version : requesting adjoining rooms at POP

disneynarula
08-05-2007, 05:12 PM
What are they chances that we can get adjoining rooms at POP. We will be travelling with our two DS's ages 3 and 1 and my DH's mother will be joining us for the last half of the week in her own room.

What should we do to help our chances of getting adjoining rooms?

TammiMcMan
08-05-2007, 05:31 PM
What should we do to help our chances of getting adjoining rooms?There's just no guarantee and your chances are contingent on how busy the resort is during your stay. Considering you are not arriving on the same day, that could make it more difficult. I would suggest that you make a note of your request under both room reservations and check with the front desk the night before she's due to arrive. Worst case, you may have to change your room when she checks in.

disneynarula
08-05-2007, 06:06 PM
Changing our room wouldn't be that big of a deal of that is what we have to do. Bell services will help us with the luggage right?

TammiMcMan
08-05-2007, 06:12 PM
Whether or not it will be a big deal, just depends on th timing and your plans for the day. It's possible that you would have to vacate your existing room by 10 or 11am and not have your new connecting room until 3 or 4pm. In that situation, bell services will hold your luggage for you.

Marker
08-05-2007, 06:59 PM
your new connecting room

FYI - Adjoining rooms are not necessarily connecting rooms. By definition, adjoining just means they are next to each other, it does not mean connecting.

If you want connecting rooms, make sure ask for connecting rooms.

Been there, done that, learned that lesson.

Pirate Granny
08-05-2007, 07:21 PM
We've made a request (through MJ) for 'connecting' rooms...We arrive on Wednesday and our children arrive on Thursday...MJ put our request on our room reservations, and told us to remind them when we check in (10pm) that we would like a connecting room and they will arrive the next night. We are keeping our fingers crossed that this works...not looking forward to changing rooms, but will do if that's the only way to get the connecting rooms...Our Granddaughters' first trip to disney and we want to share almost every minute...

:pirate:

serstar87
08-05-2007, 07:34 PM
My 5 friends and I stayed at POP 2 summers ago. We stayed in two rooms and when i made a reservation I asked for 2 adjoining rooms. It was no problem for them, we got 2 adjoining rooms in the 80's building and we kept the door open between the rooms for our entire stay. Just ask when you make your reservation or call the hotel directly and I'm sure they'll do whatever they can to make you happy :thumbsup:

divinedi
08-06-2007, 10:07 PM
We've stayed several times in connecting rooms at the ASSports:number1:, and have never had a problem, it even said on the reservation sheets I got ahead of time that 'families are guaranteed connecting rooms'. Now admittedly we got there all on the same day, that may have made a difference. I don't know if they still do that, but it was nice to know at the time. Like everyone has said, just make sure you ask at MJ and again when you check in.