PDA

View Full Version : when to make resort room requests

septembergirl
08-05-2007, 02:34 PM
When do you make your room requests? I have heard that an optimal time is about 5 days...

Strmchsr
08-05-2007, 02:47 PM
It seems room requests that are faxed in are now largely ignored. The best way to make a room request is to a.) arrive early and if you're not in a section you like ask for other availability or b.) put the request on your reservation. Putting it on the reservation is much more likely to get a positive response than a fax or call. If you wish to try the fax or call about 3 days is usually the optimal time.

BelleBeauty
08-05-2007, 04:11 PM
I always note my request on my reservation. I then fax the request 3-4 days ahead of time. From what I've been told, the reservations for the week download onto the computer at the resort at that time (they won't have access to it earlier). Then, I repeat my request if necessary when I check in. We never ask for anything too intense - and we've always been granted our request, even in busy summer periods.

septembergirl
08-05-2007, 10:50 PM
We never ask for anything too intense - and we've always been granted our request, even in busy summer periods.

We are going to request a room overlooking the lake at Pop. We also need connecting rooms but my reservations says this is guarenteed. Is this too much to ask?

wdwfan
08-06-2007, 08:14 AM
First thats not to much to ask. I see posts where people are requesting a certain room #.

I always make any requests when I book my room then I call & confirm everything the week before check in. It's always worked great for us.

luvdiznee
08-06-2007, 08:44 AM
We are going to request a room overlooking the lake at Pop. We also need connecting rooms but my reservations says this is guarenteed. Is this too much to ask?

We got BOTH of these requests when we stayed at the POP. Our trip had been booked through AAA. As far as the connecting rooms, our agent put that request in herself, because there were 2 families. But as far as the view over the lake, I faxed that in myself 3 days ahead of time. Good Luck :mickey: