PDA

View Full Version : Dining Solo

goofygirl67
08-05-2007, 12:57 PM
What are some good TS places for a solo traveler to eat? I'm going in Dec and am wondering what I could do.

LauraF
08-05-2007, 01:18 PM
Teppan Edo would be a great choice - each table holds eight people and very rarely less than 5. You are guaranteed to sit with other people.

MissStyles
08-05-2007, 01:49 PM
I've eaten solo at Boma a few times and always enjoyed myself there. Any buffet would be good because you can eat your own leisure and the atmosphere is usually nice and relaxed. Bon appetit!

puppypolice
08-05-2007, 07:07 PM
Biergarten. My husband ate there solo last year & said that he loved it. He stated that the buffet w/ the large table settings made for many interesting conversations w/ all the people sitting around him.

Friend of Figment
08-05-2007, 07:31 PM
I've gone several times alone and have always gotten great service as a solo diner. The only exception to that was the Rainforest Cafe at DTD.
I've gone to the Crystal Palace bufffet which is of course a character meal. I thought it might be strange to be there as a solo adult, but it was fun to watch the kids and when I mentioned to the server that I love Piglet she made sure I got picture with him.
At Disney I've found they often go out of their way to give a good table as a solo. That's a nice change from the real world where solo dining often happens near the bathroom or kitchen.

AvonleaCF
08-06-2007, 05:13 PM
I'm going solo and chose buffets for half my meals. Not because I necessarily like them, but because I won't have to sit by myself and wait for my food.

For my non-buffet meals I plan on brining postcards and/or a book so I have something to do.

So, with that, you can go anywhere. But I personally wouldn't choose a family-style place (like O'Hana) because I'd feel weird sitting alone with a massive plate of food!

pook@wdw
08-06-2007, 06:32 PM
It doesn't matter if your solo or w/family. Any place is excellent :cloud9: as long as your @ WDW!!!:thumbsup:

Marilyn Michetti
08-07-2007, 12:28 PM
I don't mind eating alone, and would go anywhere in WDW. However, I'm wondering how easy it would be to get an ADR for one person. Would Disney consider it profitable to book a table for one, when they could easily fill it for two?:confused:

Friend of Figment
08-07-2007, 04:22 PM
I've never had trouble as a walk up or with ADRs being seated solo.

pox24
08-07-2007, 04:26 PM
I pass through alot living in south florida. Narcoosee's has a little counter bar which is great to dine at and meet, eat and greet. Plus the food is great. Its at the GF.

StillSimbaGirl
08-08-2007, 03:24 PM
Maybe I am weird, but I really don't mind having a really nice meal solo. Last year I went to the Bistro by myself...enjoyed it SOOO much - booked another solo dinner for 2 nights later. Then I met another solo woman and we went together on my second ADR.

If you are looking for company, then the Biergarten or the Japanese place.

If you are looking for superb food - treat your self to the Bistro,

Crow
08-08-2007, 09:01 PM
ive gone to WDW solo a lot and eaten solo a lot.
usually avoid Biergarten as i prefer to b by myself.
im sorta wondering about Ohanas, as i have it booked in Sept and wondering if i will feel awkward.
but otherwise any of the places are good. ive done most of the Epcot places; Le Cellier, Rose & Crown, Les Chefs,9 Dragons, all the places in Japan
and some others such as
BOma, CA Grill, Mama Melrose, Kona. even did the Laua many yrs ago.
in Sept i have Teppan Edo, Ohana, CA Grill, Marrakesh, Artist PT (:thumbsup:) booked
enjoy!