PDA

View Full Version : Part of 08 dining plan changes - bottle wine @ dinner

mook3y
08-05-2007, 12:11 PM
In reviewing the new changes, saw this:

Wine And Dine

Save up to 23% when you add a daily bottle of fine wine to any Magic Your Way Package that includes dining. For only $39.99 per room per night, you can choose from a variety of premium wines at select table-service or Signature Dining Experience restaurants. Wine may also be redeemed at a number of merchandise locations.

See Wine Add On brochure (includes listing of available redemption locations).

The offer applies to the following packages:

Magic Your Way Package Plus Dining
Magic Your Way Package Plus Deluxe Dining
Magic Your Way Premium Package
Magic Your Way Platinum Package
Florida law permits the sales of alcohol products to persons 21 years of age or older only. Walt Disney World® Company participates in Florida's Responsible Vendor program and servers will verify age by requesting appropriate identification.

More details:

Wine must be purchased before arrival for the entire length of the stay.
Package includes an entitlement to 1 bottle of wine per room for each night of the stay. Certain select wines may require the use of two entitlements.
Wine entitlements are redeemable from the Guest's Key to the World card.
Wine is not available at Magic Kingdom® restaurants or dinner shows.
Entitlements are flexible and can be used any time throughout the stay. Wine may be redeemed over each night, or multiple redemptions may be used at one time.
Wine entitlements are not transferable to non-party guests and they expire at midnight on the day of checkout.
Applicable taxes are included.
Gratuities are not included.
Sales of alcoholic beverages are preconditioned on the representation by the proposed purchaser that the proposed purchaser is 21 years of age or older. Any purported sale to any person under the age of 21 years is deemed void and any consideration tendered will be refunded.

Donald A
08-05-2007, 01:34 PM
I am beginning to look at all this dining plan stuff and must say I think the dining plan isn't even worth it anymore. I like a good glass of wine, but a bottle of wine every day? I am sure some guests will find this useful, but most will not. I am beginning to wonder if Disney has its finger on the pulse of its typical guest.

princessjojo
08-05-2007, 02:40 PM
Call me slow, but is this 39.99 per room, in addition to the cost of the DDP per person? That would be paying 39.99 per day for a bottle of wine. I love wine, and am by no means a wine connoisseur, but I don't generally buy a whole bottle of wine in a restaurant while on vacation with my children, especially at WDW. I may buy one at the local store, but I rarely pay more than $20 and that's a lot for me. I tend to like the cheaper stuff, but I've also seen great wines at restaurants, found them in shops and bought them for about $12-18 at most.

IMO, I don't think the Wine & Dine plan is all that, not for me, unless maybe you could get it for 1 or 2 days rather than every day of the stay...

ncrohrs
08-09-2007, 02:26 PM
Where can you see the wine add on brochure? (What are the select restaurants and merchants?)

mook3y
08-09-2007, 02:39 PM
Where can you see the wine add on brochure? (What are the select restaurants and merchants?)

This information came directly off of Disneyworld's website. Did not see which "select" restaurants.

As far as $39.99 for a bottle of wine. Yeah, they way overcharge for wine. But, all restaurants do. For it to be a good deal, you really need to like the higher end wines, or at least want to try some. $39.99 is a little more than I would typically pay for a bottle of wine in a restaurant. But, IF I were to pay for the dining plan in the future, I might purchase it to try some of the higher $$$$ wines.

Also, my understanding was $39.99 per room for 1 bottle per night stayed.

Crow
08-09-2007, 02:47 PM
too rich for my blood. of course i dont think i will b doing the dining plan anymore....now if there was just a cheaper :beer::marg:plan

TINKERBELL_82
08-09-2007, 03:45 PM
too rich for my blood. of course i dont think i will b doing the dining plan anymore....now if there was just a cheaper :beer::marg:plan

SO TRUE!! I'm waiting for the "Disney Drinking Plan"!!! :mickey:

mook3y
08-09-2007, 03:58 PM
SO TRUE!! I'm waiting for the "Disney Drinking Plan"!!! :mickey:

It's called BYOB in a refillable resort drink mug! ROFL :D

SBETigg
08-09-2007, 04:05 PM
I could be on board for that, depending on the wines. I would need a better look at the wine lists in advance but it could work out. We select some high end wines with dinner. I haven't been impressed with a lot of the Disney wine lists in the past, however, so it does depend. If it's a wine I know that I normally drink for about $15 a bottle, it would mark up to about $30 plus on most restaurant wine lists anyway. Not sure I would want a bottle with an every night kind of frequency, though. It would be more of an occasional thing. Something to think about.

MickeyandTink
08-10-2007, 06:59 PM
It's called BYOB in a refillable resort drink mug! ROFL :D

If only they had one of those at Big River :beer:

big blue and hairy
08-10-2007, 07:54 PM
I enjoy wine, but 39.99 per day for every day you're there is nuts! For one thing, while I'm not a wine expert, most of the red wines I enjoy cost ci=onsiderably less that that. Second, unless you have at least four adults in your room, with a bottle every day, you'd spent most of your vacation crocked!

:sulley:

NYC WDW Fan
01-25-2008, 01:32 PM
. . . with a bottle every day, you'd spent most of your vacation crocked!

:sulley:

Your point???

Whoops, sorry! I these aren't the BuffettNews boards! :marg::party:

irish1967
01-25-2008, 06:06 PM
If you have a car - Publix isn't that far away! You could probably get enough "decent" wine for your entire stay for much less that $39.99 total!

I guess if DH and I were going with another couple, it might be fun to try sometime - particularly if we went with someone with some knowledge about different wines.

But on vacation with my family? I like to limit it to a glass of wine at dinner and perhaps go for a evening cocktail with DH on an evening when the boys want to hit the gameroom and Grandpa is willing to supervise and fund it!

Jared
01-25-2008, 07:42 PM
The wine package definitely isn't appropriate for every family, but I can see certain groups enjoying the add-on.

I don't know much about wine, but $39.99 every day seems a little steep, though. I guess for wine lovers who would actually buy a bottle with every dinner, it's a good deal.

mook3y
01-25-2008, 08:07 PM
The wine package definitely isn't appropriate for every family, but I can see certain groups enjoying the add-on.

I don't know much about wine, but $39.99 every day seems a little steep, though. I guess for wine lovers who would actually buy a bottle with every dinner, it's a good deal.

Well, the price of wine at a WDW restaurant is definately higher than you would pay at a retail store, but... so are all restaurants.

If you really like wine and have a bottle with every meal, it can be a great deal.

Last year we spent quite a bit more than $40 for a bottle at Narcoossee's.

But, we also did not have a bottle of wine each night either.

I would say that if you like fine wines, and drink a bottle of wine with each dinner when on vacation, and there is no limitation to which bottles you can order, then you might find it a good deal.

Just IMHO.

irish1967
01-26-2008, 09:03 PM
Just an interesting aside...

When we were at WDW for marathon weekend, I was planning on ordering at glass of " Miles of Magic" Syrrah. Apparently it is bottled and sold as part of the WDW Endurance series.

Anyway, the friends I was with suggested "let's just get a bottle." We had two glasses out of the bottle and the bartender corked it for us to take back to our resort.

The bottle at the restaurante(actually at several - I saw it on the menu at more than one TS restaurant) cost us $37. I say the same bottle at the Sports expo on sale for $16.95...

There is definitely a premium being added to bottles of wine at WDW! But my point is, if you are going to buy a bottle of wine with a meal anyway, this may well be a very good deal.

Natazu
01-26-2008, 09:27 PM
My :twocents:

I'm gonna have to see some reports on this before I can say it's any kind of value. Just at a glance, it's not looking too good. I can see how Disney feels they're offering a "deal" since $39.99 is about the minimum you pay for a bottle of wine at one of their restaurants but that's just because the prices are ridiculously overinflated, even by restaurant standards. We drink wine at Disney but not really $40 a day worth. We usually get glasses not bottle (and for some reason, wine tends to just show up at our table). If we had the "wine and dine" plan, we'd get our bottle a day and probably "save" money by Disney pricing standards but their estimation of 23% isn't making me optimistic.