PDA

View Full Version : Dining Plan...

chick20679
08-05-2007, 07:32 AM
I'm sure others are in the same boat, but for those that have traveled during the free DDP promo, have you had any luck changing ADR's close to your vacation time??
We leave in 43 days (YEA!!) and I wanted to try and change a couple of our ADR's, but I called today and had no luck. I was wondering if it would be worth my time & effort to try again in a few weeks?? I was trying to change the day for our Concourse Steakhouse, the time for our Whispering Canyon and to add Wolfgang Puck's. No luck on any of them.
Also, has anyone gone to a restaurant and gotten in with no ADR's during the free DDP? We'd be willing to wait in some cases...
Any info is appreciated!! :mickey:

carley
08-05-2007, 08:19 AM
keep the ADR's that you have but definaetly kep calling back if you want the changes...someone may change their mind and leave an opening.... id also check on the day that you arrive to see if their were any cancellations for the day .. good luck

snifflesmcg
08-05-2007, 08:36 AM
I've been calling and calling to try and get dinner ADR's for Chef Mickey's for....forever now. I still can't get in (thankfully I DID get in for lunch at the last minute but I really want a dinner). I'm feeling your pain.

Seasonscraps
08-05-2007, 08:52 AM
We were there during free dining last Sept. We probably made our ADRs about 6-7 weeks out - the only reservation we had difficulty making was Whispering Canyon. We weren't able to get an ADR for our first choice day.

That's the time frame you are in now.

We also made a couple of changes before our trip and while we were there.

I would defintely keep trying -- up to the day you want to go to the restaurant. We had some good luck with guest services at the resorts.

LibertyTreeGal
08-05-2007, 08:59 AM
I definitely wouldn't waste my time trying to get in anywhere without an ADR during free dining!

kathiep
08-05-2007, 09:18 AM
Last year we left a couple of open days since we thought we would be venturing off site as well.

But, we were able to get into Nine Dragons and Biergarten without ADR's and with a minimal wait. But we also saw a lot of people without ADR's being turned away from every restaurant we had ADR's for.

chick20679
08-05-2007, 09:36 AM
Thanks for the info guys/gals.
Does anyone know if there are certain restaurants that might be easier to get into last minute? Maybe ones that aren't quite as popular? Thanks. :mickey:

Jen C.
08-05-2007, 10:01 AM
We have had no luck in trying to make changes to our upcoming ADR's for our 8/29-9/4 stay. We do have ADR's in place, but were trying to adjust some times, our swap some places. No luck AT ALL. I guess it's expected~especially for us~a party of five. The most recent CM I spoke with said there was availability at a lot of the 2 TS credit establishments. Also, they kept offering me Tony's, The Plaza, and Marrakesh. Good luck to you!:thumbsup:

Also, you may want to consider a late lunch. Although I realize this is not the best "bang for your buck" option, remember with free dining you didn't use any of your own "bucks", so who cares?;) At least you have a better chance of eating where you want instead of eating where they put you.

MissStyles
08-05-2007, 02:12 PM
Try for dinner at Marrakesh....it's excellent :thumbsup:

chick20679
08-05-2007, 03:46 PM
Are there any options at Restaurant Marrakesh for those that maybe aren't as 'adventurous' as others? My BF isn't exactly... um... ahem... 'worldly'. Thanks. :mickey:

cmay0507
08-06-2007, 10:19 AM
I went last year during free dining (Sept 25 - Oct 1) and on September 29 we went to MNSSHP I had reservations for 1900 Park Fare on this date but the reservations would have been during the party so I canceled those reservations and we went to MK and walked right in to Crystal Palace w/o an ADR!! So yes last year we were able to walk into a restaurant during free dining and get a table!! :mickey: Good Luck!!

Ms.Disney
08-06-2007, 11:03 AM
I say don't lose hope, keep calling you just never know! And if for say you dont get the ADR's atleast you can say you tried:mickey: Try for a little odd times, like late lunch or late or early dinner. Also I know some people will tell you they do not like Tony's but we have been once before and thought it was pretty good food, we also the atmospher. We are ADR's for there on our Sept. trip :cloud9: