PDA

View Full Version : Photo Pass Question

Ms.Disney
08-05-2007, 12:11 AM
I was wondering about photo pass, we have never used it. How many places are there in the parks to get your picture taken? I have only seen them in front of the park icons ( SSE,Tree of Life, Castle and the MgM Hat) Are there any more than that? Also what is the fee for the CD? I saw that you can have cards made with the pictures from the park on them:mickey: Anyways any feedback of the pros and cons of the photo pass system and also how it works would be great! Thanks :mickey:

squishy445
08-05-2007, 12:20 AM
Usually any place where they have characters to take pictures with you can use the photo pass. Also, if you go at any special parties, they have more places to take pictures. As with any pictures you get taken at the parks they are not cheap, but the ease of being able to look at the pictures and order them from home makes the expense worth it, especially if you are going to only get the picture done once in a while.

IloveDisney71
08-05-2007, 12:26 AM
I think the CD is around $100, but I'm not positive. I have used the photo pass system once in Nov. 05. I really liked being able to come home and take my time deciding which pictures I wanted. They are not cheap, but I'm a photo "addict" so Disney LOVES me! :laughing:
If you get a good photographer, they will take a variety of pictures of you and your group. One of my favorite pictures is of my kids doing the Charlie's Angels pose in front of Epcot.
It's very easy to do. You get a card (it looks like a credit card) and the photographer puts it in his camera. He gives you the card and you give it to all the photographers that take your pictures and it just keeps adding pictures. If you don't have the card with you, you can get a new card. Each card has a code that you can enter when you go to the photopass website, so you can enter more than one code for your account.

Ms.Disney
08-05-2007, 10:52 AM
Thank you for your responses:mickey:

Catwillow
08-05-2007, 11:57 AM
There is also a good informational thread in the "nightlife, shops & waterparks" discussion board. For the most part we have been very pleased with our photopass experience. We have purchased several CD's .

The general spots you are going to find the Photopass Photographers are of course, Main Streets, Icons, most all the Character Meets (<-- although there will be many times there isn't a photographer) the CM will gladly take your photos with your camera (<--never had a problem with asking them). There are also photographers usually in the Castle Rose Garden...and many other places. Once you start using them and familiarizing yourself with who to look for you will start spotting them right off.

LoriMistress
08-05-2007, 03:05 PM
If you purchase the CD at the parks the cost is $125. If you purchase the CD in advance it's $99.95. There are numerous places to take pictures at (and many of the CM photographers will take several pictures so you can choose from) from in front of each icon at each park, characters, special party events like MVMCP/MNSSHP/P&PP/etc., ride photos, etc. If you use it correctly, you can get tons of photos for cheap.

Texas Tinkerbell Too
08-05-2007, 03:16 PM
How do you purchase the CD in advance? We purchased one at Epcot last year. We know we want to do it again. If it is cheaper to purchase in advance, then I would like to.

MsMin
08-05-2007, 06:06 PM
We've used it on the past 2 trips and loved it. The resolution is high enough so that you can crop or make a great 8x10 in your home printer in a great WDW frame. It's really great w/ families too b/c everyone can enjoy the pics from one great CD. We will use it again. WE spent 100 on a CD last Dec. and got 77photos. Thats less than 1.30 per picture. I highly recommend it.

LoriMistress
08-05-2007, 07:00 PM
How do you purchase the CD in advance? We purchased one at Epcot last year. We know we want to do it again. If it is cheaper to purchase in advance, then I would like to.

http://www.disneyphotopass.com/previsitcdplan.aspx

goofiecrazy
08-06-2007, 08:29 AM
How many pics will it hold?

DDuck66
08-06-2007, 09:41 AM
There are literally hundreds of places to get photopass pictures taken at the parks. The last week long trip we went on (Oct 06), we had over 125 pictures on our pass and we could have done more. If we get around a hundred or more it is worth it to purchase the Photo CD. That way we have all of our pictures and we can take them to Wal-mart etc to get cheaper prints done.

Catwillow
08-06-2007, 10:02 PM
How many pics will it hold?

We have had 250+ on one and have been told they will hold quite a bit more.

Jessnick
08-06-2007, 10:47 PM
I think when I booked my Disney package it came with a photopass. Is that possible or am I thinking of something else. If so, do I get as many picture on the CD. What do I do, at the end of our trip just present our reservation sheet and they will give it to me for free????

LoriMistress
08-06-2007, 11:01 PM
I know of people who paid only $99.95 and had two or more CDs for their Photopass. You can also split the Photopass with other people/groups so you can split the costs too.

pwdebbie
08-07-2007, 10:41 AM
How do you identify the PhotoPass person? And, are they professional photographers?

Just my dh and I are going and we are not much on using our digital camera (just too much hassle) so I am thinking about doing this. I think I will buy a disposable camera to get pictures of where we stay and meals and the like. But for other things, I am considering PhotoPass.

Glad I stumbled on this thread.

Deb
first trip, Oct. 2 - 10, 07, POFQ

BashfulMom
08-07-2007, 12:40 PM
I love PhotoPass:heart:, but they definately need more photographers. There just didn't seem to be very many of them out there (of course I was busy enjoying the day too). I hope Disney expands the photo opportunities and the options available. I just received my PhotoBook and it is wonderful. :)

I would definately recommed taking a digital camera with you or even a disposable digital camera. Some of the best photos I have in my book came from spur of the moment shots that I was able to up upload to the PhotoPass website.

DisneyDudet
08-07-2007, 02:02 PM
We love photopass. The picture quality is much better than my digital camera. Now that we know about the CD we will probably go for that this next time, and use the pictures on the internet and as gifts for Christmas and such.

If we know for a fact that we're going to buy the CD ahead of time, we'll definitely do the pre purchase deal.

If I understand right, you can customize pictures and then buy the cd?