PDA

View Full Version : Help with Epcot Dining

pooh0601
08-04-2007, 11:16 PM
We are trying to decide on where to have lunch at Epcot for our next visit. We are debating between:
1) Biergarten(Germany)
2) Chefs de France
3) Rose and Crown

Which one would you pick and why? We are traveling with 2 children, but from looking at the menus we found food at each place that our 3yr old would like...the other will be eating baby food. So basically we are concerned with the "adult" menu items.

I've heard about the excellent "Fish and Chips" at R&C, but haven't heard too much about the other 2 places, especially Biergarten.

Texas Tinkerbell Too
08-04-2007, 11:44 PM
We have only eaten at Biergarten. We took our boys last year and they really enjoyed it. The food was good, a nice variety. They really enjoyed the entertainment. I would say give it a try! :mickey:

Pirate Granny
08-05-2007, 12:24 AM
I've eaten at all three...Chef de France had the best food...but with children as young as yours, I would go for the distraction factor...you'll want to enjoy your meal and the food will be great at all three...Chef de France is good, but tables are close and not much for young children to look at...Germany's food is good, but it's a buffet and it's hard to leave children to keep getting up to get food, and you're seated with people eight to a table, and you never know who you're going to be seated with...entertainment is wonderful there, but not sure they do it during lunch...we've only been there for dinner...my vote would be for the Rose and Crown on the outside patio...it would be a great distraction for both children to watch the boats while they ate, and the food is good...and they serve you at your table. Bonus for children.

Enjoy either three...you will always have good memories.
:pirate:

p.s. when are you going?

kathiep
08-05-2007, 09:25 AM
We love Biergarten. There is a wide variety to the food selection and the CM's are great. The atmosphere is great and the entertainment is a lot of fun.

grego77
08-05-2007, 10:06 AM
I've heard great things about Biergarten...and I'm going in a month, so I'll let you know when I get back...very excited for it. I'm also going to Chefs de France as well.

I do NOT reccomend Rose & Crown. I did not like the food...the fish was NOT fresh and tasted terrible. The CM was really nice, and took it away for another item, but I would never go there again. It is probably my least favorite restaurant in WDW.

Good luck! :mickey:

Horizon93
08-05-2007, 10:49 AM
ANother vote for Rose & Crown. The CMs are great, and the water view is fun. We also love the food there.

pixiesmimi
08-05-2007, 06:31 PM
If your children are that small, you may not find anything on the buffet at the Biergarten for them but they might enjoy the entertainment. I personally did not enjoy the food both times we have been there but DH did. Our DGKs didn't all enjoy it either. I did not like the R&C because we had bad service even though we were out on the patio. We got put into a corner where we could hardly move and kept getting run over by the servers. The food was okay but I really didn't enjoy it and don't think the kids even noticed the boats. I haven't been to Chefs yet, we will be trying it this trip but it sounds crowded. If I had to choose between these three, I would probably choose R&C.

Natazu
08-06-2007, 07:45 AM
I'd say Rose & Crown. Biergarten is really heavy. It's hard to continue touring after a lunch like that. Les Chef's quality just doesn't live up to the cost.

DDuck66
08-06-2007, 10:10 AM
We ate the Rose and Crown last Saturday for lunch and it was quite good. We both had the fish and chips and it was huge portions!!!!The cheese platter appeared to be quite delicious as well. I have not had Beirgarten, but it is on the list for our October trip and I have heard nothing but good things about it.

disney_mommy
08-06-2007, 11:25 AM
We've eaten at both the Biergarten and R&C. We have two kids as well (4 and 2) and have been going there since the oldest was 3 months. R&C is nice, and the kids might like the cottage pie (mashed potatoes and ground beef with peas on the side), but we prefer the Biergarten. One of us stays at the table with the kids while other gets up and makes a plate for them. They have frankfurters, chicken, salad, potatoes, carrots, pork, beef, bread, etc. The kids love it, because we have two completely different eaters. The 4 yr old wants the meat and potatoes, and the 2 yr old wants salad, bread, and fish. I'd pick the Biergarten for lunch (there's also music once an hour so the kids can be kept entertained). Now, I'm hungry. :(

pooh0601
08-06-2007, 11:47 PM
Thanks for everyone's input. We have decided to give Biergarten a shot. We'll let you know how we liked it when we get back!

LauraF
08-07-2007, 09:31 AM
We are trying to decide on where to have lunch at Epcot for our next visit. We are debating between:
1) Biergarten(Germany)
2) Chefs de France
3) Rose and Crown

Which one would you pick and why?
With young kids, I would suggest Biergarten.
1. It has a buffet
2. Oopmah band - free entertainment
3. Not a problem if they want to be a bit loud

France and R &C both would be a bit boring for younglings IMO (though R&C does have the nice water view which can be fascinating).