PDA

View Full Version : Just how bad is Easter week?

Swimmergirl
08-04-2007, 11:12 PM
Hi all! From what I've seen on Intercot and elsewhere, the week before and after Easter are pretty crazy. I am planning a 4 day trip to celebrate my husband's return from Iraq, and would like to go the Wednesday after Easter. Is this really going to be insanely busy? I've been in July and lived to tell the tale. How will the crowds compare to summer?

I'm considering changing our plans to go mid April (we'd also get the perk of cheaper hotel rooms). But, I really want to go soon after he gets back. What would you do?

Thanks!

faline
08-05-2007, 08:32 PM
It is an extremely busy week - one of the busiest of the year. If your husband has enough leave time, I'd probably go for a quieter time of year. It will also give both of you some time to get settled before heading off for vacation.

Thank you to your spouse for all he does for all of us.

goofiecrazy
08-06-2007, 08:37 AM
We have been the week before and the week after Easter and its crowded but we usually go in the summer so it didnt really bother us. If the crowd thing isnt for you then maybe try another time in the month.

princessjojo
08-06-2007, 03:39 PM
Though I have been during Easter before, I was worried as well. The thing that I find reassuring this year is that with Easter being in March, many of the schools won't have spring break yet. As I understand, many of the schools in the Southeast will still have spring break with Easter (in March) but many schools in the Northeast won't have spring break until April. I may be making an attempt to con myself, but this may ease the crowds just a sliver this year. I don't count on it, but it never hurts to hope.

NewmanFamily6
08-06-2007, 04:28 PM
We went at Easter 2005 and had a wonderful time. Were there a lot of people-you bet! Did they bother us-Not at all. We were too caught up in the magic as it was our children's first trip. I really do not remember anything bad about the trip:mickey: