PDA

View Full Version : ???s about Resort Records of Past Stays

Donalds Duckie
08-04-2007, 08:54 PM
I know WDW keeps record of their guests' past stays but I had an odd sitation a couple of weeks back. Hope someone here might shed some light.

I called to order my P&P Party ticket and make an ADR a couple of weeks ago. I called WDW, got the automated system and selected the option that I had an upcoming trip booked at WDW. I was prompted to enter my confirmation number. I did that but the number was not recognized. I did get through to a CM, she took my name and phone number and said, "I see you've visited WDW 3 times before." WHAT!?:confused: I responded that I've visited WDW about 10 times before and and asked why the records didn't reflect that. She didn't have an answer and we proceeded with business.

It came to me later on that I booked my first 3 trips to WDW myself, after that I've always used MJ. So, does this mean that my WDW visits are not being recorded when I use MJ? Or, are my visits being recorded under MJ's name rather than my name? This might explain why Memorial Day weekend the CM at CBR seemed so surprised to hear about my first couple of stays at CBR. The CM kept looking at her computer then at me as if to say, "which one is wrong here?" (I'm always so excited at check-in I enjoy chatting with CMs about past WDW visits, especially visits to that particular resort.)

It's no big deal more of a curiosity. Anyone have any ideas?

Eeyore's My Favorite
08-04-2007, 09:05 PM
We always book directly with WDW, so I guess that's why the CM's that I talk to always know where & when we've stayed at WDW. They know our preferences & requests, which is really nice not to have to re-explain everything. Since we're so close I've never used a TA to book anything with WDW.

Simbajr4ever
08-04-2007, 09:11 PM
Are you registered on the wdw website?

If yes, you have a page that you list info, one of the questions is "how many times, have you visited wdw?" Maybe, you did this questioneer years ago and have not updated it? You just need to sign into the website, and go to your info area and update it.

Murphy's law:
I am sure the resorts keep info on everyone too. not sure how explicit they are, but if its something you want them to forget > it will be listed and if its something you think they should know, > not a clue.

Donalds Duckie
08-04-2007, 09:41 PM
Thanks for the ideas!

I am registered with WDW website. I do need to add my last trip or two but it's not all that outdated. My guess is that it's somehow tracked through MJ since they make my reservation.

I know it may seem silly but as much money as I've given to Disney resorts, on both coasts, I'd like for them to have current info for me.

Eyeores My Favorite, I do miss CMs not having my info, preferences, etc. when I call to book ADRs, buy party tickets, book tours, etc. I've wondered what was up with that the last few years. I might book the next trip or two on my own and see if I get that service back again.

Thanks again! I'm going to update my WDW profile this weekend.

DessertDivaFL
08-04-2007, 10:21 PM
Here's my story: I called WDW directly to book my June visit. A fews weeks after I returned I called to book my November visit. The CM asked me when was the last time I stayed at Disney. They had no record of my June visit! :confused:

I think they have so many databases that they can't keep track of them all! It doesn't bother me but it seems strange that they didn't have this resort stay in their records but they had the years prior.

kakn7294
08-05-2007, 12:00 AM
I've booked several trips (in fact, the Sept '05 and Dec '06 trips) through AAA and the CM's at Disney cannot access or change any of the info that AAA enters - they can only view it - and all of my past trips have shown up in the database. Were they perhaps listed under your DH or vice versa and that's why they don't show up? I'm only guessing but it could be an explanation.

lindique
08-05-2007, 10:04 AM
Since they "upgraded" (and that's putting it politely!!) their computer system, numerous things have gotten messed up. They have phone numbers and e-mail addresses for me that I haven't used in years, but don't have the current ones - and I have given it to them at least 5 times now. I recently called them to add DME to my upcoming reservation. They read me back my e-mail address - it was a totally corrupted version of the one I gave them when I made the original reservation. And, when I made that reservation, they had sent me an e-mail confirmation, so I know that initially they had it correctly. What a mess.:(

Donalds Duckie
08-05-2007, 10:13 AM
I haven't had a DH for 32 years so I don't expect they're using his name, lol.;) I didn't want them to make any changes to my MJ reservation, but I thought they should have had a record of.

I suppose things are truly just a mess with WDW computer "system" right now. Yikes!

I am interested to find out what the CM at Contemporary sees when I check-in there in 26 days!

Thanks everyone.:mickey: