PDA

View Full Version : Polynesian Concierge!!!

Disney Maniac
08-04-2007, 07:41 PM
Hi Everyone!!! I think my family has decided where to stay at WDW next year, and would like to hear what you think about the resort!!
We decided to try the Poly Concierge for 8 or 7 days without the DDP. We want to stay in the Hawaii buliding because of it's location to the pools and beach. Also I wanted to know what the cheapest room was, I think it is a Garden View room???? I am also open to any suggestions, tips and pictures you guys have!! This is my first stay at the Poly and I want to have alot of fun!! Thanks for any help!!:lei:

Polynesian Dweller
08-05-2007, 12:50 AM
Staying a Poly concierge will be fun. The Poly is, IMHO, the best themed resort around. A couple of things to look to do:

1. do take the resort launch MK, its a great service and a nice way to get over there.
2. do make sure you go to the concierge lounge to watch Wishes, they pipe in the music and you get the best view of Wishes that can be found anywhere, including in the park.
3. do go to O'hana for dinner, great show
4. look for the walkway to the Grand Floridan and go to Narcoosees for dinner some night
5. make sure you see the Electric Water pageant

and most of all just enjoy everything you find there. :tikki::papple::lei::papple::tikki:

mrsgaribaldi
08-05-2007, 05:20 AM
We stayed at the Polynesian in January and it is my favorite resort by far. I absolutely love it. I can't wait until we stay there again. We never spend alot of time in the rooms so I don't know when we are going back again to the Poly.

mickeefan
08-05-2007, 06:26 PM
WE love the Poly and I think you will also enjoy it. Last year our room was garden view concierge overlooking the quiet pool and it was very nice. We always stay there but It was our first time staying concierge.
We also like eating at the Kona Cafe and eat there several times each trip.In addition to the others comments it is a short walk over to the TTC where you can catch the monorail to Epcot or ride the big Ferry over to the MK for something different to do.

DDuck66
08-06-2007, 09:52 AM
We are staying at the Poly Concierge Club Level in May!!! I think if you go concierge, you have to stay in Hawaii. That is the only building that has the concierge service. You basically have 3 choices, Lagoon View, Garden View, and a Suite. We are going for the Lagoon View as I love to sit on the balcony and watch the Electrical Water Parade and the fireworks. That way we can set up the tripod without having to carry it to the parks.

Dicecatt262
08-06-2007, 10:39 AM
You'll love it! It is my favorite Concierge at Disney, and I've tried several now. Garden view is the lowest priced, you'll have a view of the Quiet pool and the gardens. In the afternoons, there is usually a lady sitting on the second level of the lounge making towel animals.

My tip for you...go out early one morning. Grab a pastry and drink from the lounge and go sit on the porch swing around 8 AM...it is lovely. You'll see a couple of boats, but the water is peaceful...you can watch the Castle, the GF, the Contemporary, while sitting on the beach. It is a lovely scene.

Also, I never watch Wishes from inside the park anymore...either from the lounge, or the beach...walk farther to the right on the beach. You won't hear the music but it is totally peaceful, you'll feel like you have the beach almost to yourself.

Ohana is wonderful, great food. Lapu Lapu is a great drink, don't get it from the pool bar though, they don't have the pineapples.

Miladymorgane
08-08-2007, 10:01 PM
I agree the Polynesian is my favorite resort also. I stayed in the Hawaii concierge a few years back in a ground level lagoon view room. Being able to grab a drink and going right outside your room to watch the fireworks basically on the beach or like dicecatt said being on the swing in the morning looking at the castle (I was a hammock girl myself). The rooms are gorgeous and the food in the lounge was good especially the little chocolate desserts. The staff is awesome they make sure your trip is wonderful.
1. I went for my sweet 16 and on arrival there was a cake and balloons and a card in the room.
2.when it was sushi night, I was bummed I’m allergic to seafood, but when I went upstairs they actually had a tray of veggie rolls put aside especially for me.
3. Overall the nicest thing that happened was when I lost my park hopper and when I mentioned it to one of the cast members she gave me one of her passes so I could go and enjoy my birthday in the parks.

Best Disney vacation ever!!!!!:mickey:
I hope your trip was as magical as mine was!!!