PDA

View Full Version : refillable resort mugs at Pop?

septembergirl
08-04-2007, 06:55 PM
Do you get the refillable resort mugs at Pop or not? Some say it is not worth it if your room is far from the food court. How close would you have to be?

Here we go again...
08-04-2007, 07:06 PM
While Pop does have the most crowded food court, the crowd would never stop me from using the mugs. You can get to the drink machine with out fighting the crowd.

We get the mugs every trip at every resort. Getting the coffee in the morning and hot chocolate at night makes it worth the money after just a couple of days.

BugeyedMuggy
08-04-2007, 07:28 PM
Pop is not that big that you can't go to the food court for a beverage. For the small amount it costs if you got 2 drinks a day for a weeks stay it will pay for itself. We stayed at CBR and if your not close to the food court you have to get bussed there. That would be the resort I would use the frig and ditch the mug.

snifflesmcg
08-04-2007, 07:53 PM
I didn't vote on this because I don't always buy or not buy one. Two years ago I didn't buy one. Last year, my mother bought me one so I used it. This year I'm not sure whether I will or not.

It is quite a hassle to walk ALL the way from the back of the hotel to get a refill. The mugs are not big at all (I drink quite a bit) and it would be such a pain to keep going back and forth. If I'm not willing to keep going back and forth then it's really not worth the money.

DisneyTwinsMommy
08-04-2007, 08:14 PM
Here is what we do, but some may think it is a hassle... In the morning, we walk to the food court with our mugs, and have breakfast and a breakfast drink... I bring one of those tiny bottles of dish soap, and wash out my mugs.... We put them in our bag for the park (we always bring a bag, so it's no big deal)... Then, since the bus stop is right by the food court, we walk thorugh on the way home, and get a drink for the evening... I agree that when we stayed at Carribean Beach, it was a huge hassle, at Pop, piece of cake! :mickey:

BelleBeauty
08-04-2007, 08:22 PM
We always get them. I usually walk to the food court in the morning while everyone is getting ready (I'm always the first up) and get coffee. I wash or refill before getting on the bus. I make sure I have napkins to dump out and dry the mugs to put in our bags when we get to the park. We refill when we get off the bus for a break or at the end of the day - usually with blue raspberry slushies, my favorite!! It is totally worth the price.

mainemajor
08-04-2007, 09:11 PM
last year we stayed in the 80's section - a pretty far haul but so what? When you figure the cost of a cup of coffee in the morning, one soda mid day and one in the evening, the mugs and a little walk are well worth it :mickey:

IloveDisney71
08-04-2007, 09:23 PM
I usually buy the mugs when I stay. Depending on where your room is, you may have long walk or a short walk to get refills. I think it's just up to you about how far you are willing to walk. We never go with less than 3 people, so we take turns getting the refills. We don't like to carry the mugs in the parks, I would hate to have one more thing to carry.

LoriMistress
08-04-2007, 10:31 PM
We buy our resort mugs just because we like the idea of saving money. Plus DH and I uses our when we want to have our little Disney flash backs. When we count down the days for our next WDW trip, we drink from our mugs and watch at WDW DVD or a Disney movie. Makes it feel a bit closer to being at the parks.

Crow
08-05-2007, 07:23 AM
i will b getting it again in Sept.
coffee on the way to the buses, since the bus stop is right outside the building and soda or whatever on the way off the bus. also good for icees...which make a good mixer!

luvdiznee
08-05-2007, 08:22 AM
We've stayed at POP 2x and bought a mug BOTH times the first was the actual POP mug, the 2nd was the "year of a million dreams". Both stays were in the 50's bldg, so yes worth it to us. :mickey:

January-2007
08-06-2007, 10:09 AM
We always buy the refillable mugs. We've stayed in the Tramp building both times so far and it does get to be a long walk after 9 days, so yeah, I think we'll get more use out of them in September when we stay in the Preferred building, but we always get them. We do the same thing as a lot of other, we bring the mugs in the morning and drink them before getting on the bus then carry them all day and fill up on our way back to the room at night, if the food court happens to still be open, that is. It closes at midnight. How cool would it be if it were open 24 hours? And the arcade... :mickey:

Wrigley
08-06-2007, 03:43 PM
We ALWAYS buy the refillable mugs. We definately get our money's worth out of them. We fill them up for every meal that we eat at the resort, a couple of times a day while at the pool, and after we get back at night from the parks. I really became addicted to the blue icees at the POP also-I believe I had a few a day!!!!!:mickey: I believe that they are definately worth purchasing no matter where your room is at the resort.

GrmGrninGost
08-06-2007, 06:33 PM
We go for 9 or 10 days at a time. If we only get one drink a day from the food court, that's $18.00 or $20.00 per person. We often eat breakfast at the resort we stay at, and almost always get a drink in the evening when we get back from the parks. For us it makes good financial sense to buy the mugs! Plus, they're a cool and servicible souvenier! :mickey:

Mickey91
08-06-2007, 06:53 PM
We always buy them! :mickey:

Marker
08-06-2007, 08:06 PM
I voted that they aren't worth the money, because for me they're really not. However, I often buy one. I don't buy it for the value though, it's more of a useful souvenir. Typically, if I have one, I have one cup of coffee in the morning on my way to the bus. I'm not really a soda drinker, and I'm typically not around the resort during the day anyway. I carry it with me, use it for water from the fountains. So for one cup of coffee per day, its not so much of a value, butr more of a keepsake. I have my most recent one on my desk at work and drink coffee from it daily.

avantgardeinker
08-07-2007, 10:43 AM
We'll probably eat breakfast most mornings in the food court and to me... It's worth it just for that.

121 more days!!
:mickey:

Disneyatic
08-07-2007, 11:07 AM
We bought them last year and plan on buying them this September.
YUMMMMM....coke slushies!!

Tink-N-Me
08-07-2007, 11:30 AM
I agree with GrmGrninGost. It makes good financial sense and they make a great souvenir. We always eat breakfast at the food court to get a good healthy start. With a family of 5 staying 7 or 8 days, it does pay for itself. In the late evenings when we return to the hotel we like to hang out at the pool and let our kids play. The food court is close to the pool so the kids enjoy the endless refills of ICEE drinks. (I know all that sugar that late in the evening...well it is vacation!)

Tink's Mom
08-07-2007, 12:01 PM
We also always buy them. Even just the slushies alone are worth it!