PDA

View Full Version : should I be disappointed w/ my online pin purchase?

septembergirl
08-04-2007, 05:05 PM
I just received 24 pins that I purchased online. I am a little disappointed with the quality of some of the pins. Most have the Disney seal on them but I am not entirely sure what to look for. Some have Disney copyright but say "Made in China". I have heard that these pins are not good for trading. Could someone help me as I am very new to this?
What should I look for in an official trading pin? Can we trade ones that say "castmember series"?
How about pins "Made in China"?
Thanks so much for your help!

PeterPanFan
08-04-2007, 07:50 PM
You get what you pay for!

carley
08-04-2007, 08:26 PM
i came across a web site the other day for disney pin tradeing u could buy pins and it had pin tradeing rules do's and dont's... im not sure of the web site off hand but will look for it and see if if i can find it again..good luck

kakn7294
08-04-2007, 08:53 PM
Pins that say "Sedesma" (made in Spain) or "Propin" (made in Germany) are supposedly not good for trading although many CM's will still trade them, especially with children. Some have tried to discourage my girls from taking those particular pins in a trade. I'm not sure about the ones that say "made in China". The ones that are the Castmember, Lanyard, or Hidden Mickey series are perfectly acceptable - they are simply pins that cannot be purchased through Disney and can only be obtained by trading with a CM or another guest who has one or in the aftermarket such as Ebay. This page (http://eventservices.disney.go.com/pintrading/page?id=getStarted#guideline) from the official Disney Pin Trading website should help you get started! Good luck!

thrillme
08-04-2007, 09:24 PM
Where are they SUPPOSED to be made from?

kakn7294
08-04-2007, 11:53 PM
I took closer look at the backs of the pins we have (and there are many) - most say "Official Pin Trading - Disney - China", some only say "Disney - China", and some say "Walt Disney World - China" so I guess that answers the Made in China question. The supposedly non-tradeable pins say "Disney - Sedesma, SA" and "Propin - Germany - Disney". I hope this helps!

squishy445
08-05-2007, 12:05 AM
As long as the pins say Disney on the back you can trade them. That is all that the cast members look for. They do not care what the brand is, and if they say cast member series then you probalby shouldn't trade them back to a cast member because those have a higher value due to the limited number that is printed and the fact that they are given by Disney to cast members, you can't buy them. Also, you should not buy pin lots to trade that have pins in it that you like becasue you want to trade them. The quality really dosen't matter because you want to trade them. As for the made in china pins, I would take them and try, if they say they won't take them you know for nest time, and if they do then you have no worries, hope I helped.

septembergirl
08-05-2007, 02:30 PM
As long as the pins say Disney on the back you can trade them. That is all that the cast members look for. They do not care what the brand is, and if they say cast member series then you probalby shouldn't trade them back to a cast member because those have a higher value due to the limited number that is printed and the fact that they are given by Disney to cast members, you can't buy them. Also, you should not buy pin lots to trade that have pins in it that you like becasue you want to trade them. The quality really dosen't matter because you want to trade them. As for the made in china pins, I would take them and try, if they say they won't take them you know for nest time, and if they do then you have no worries, hope I helped.

Well, they do all say Disney on them so I guess I am okay. I emailed the company from whom I bought them and they assured me that all their pins are tradable. Thanks for all the help. I am really excited to start my kids on pin trading. I know they will enjoy it!:cloud9:

Figment2
08-18-2007, 03:17 PM
A lot of the older pins have only the Disney copyright and made in XXX

They are fine for trading

Cyn

thejens
08-19-2007, 09:03 PM
Be glad if you don't like some of your pins! We became so attached to our ebay pins we were reluctant to trade many of them! My kids LOVED the pin trading and it was fun watching them interact with cast members. Once you see your kids in the gift shops wanting to spend lots of money on pins you will be very glad about the ebay purchase. Have fun!