PDA

View Full Version : French Quarter or Riverside?

wonderalice23
08-04-2007, 12:46 PM
I'm trying to decide on which area to book for our upcoming vacation...any insights are welcome ! Also, do both have a marina or just Riverside? Thanks!:mickey:

ibrowse17
08-04-2007, 12:58 PM
We have always stayed at Ft. Wilderness on our trips, but visit the other resorts as well. We visited POFQ for the first time on our last trip, and loved it. So much so that will be staying there on our next trip. We live in a big Mardi Gras city, and POFQ made us feel at home. You can not go wrong with either:thumbsup:

Strmchsr
08-04-2007, 02:02 PM
Do you prefer New Orleans or Old South? They're both great, so just decide which theming you like better.

sgdisney
08-04-2007, 02:09 PM
I've stayed at both, at POR in the AB section back when it was Dixie Landings for our first family trip. I loved the resort, but after staying at POFQ, love it even more. POFQ does not have a full marina, just a dock from which you can catch the boat to Downtown Disney. What I like more about POFQ is the tranquil atmosphere and the size. It is one of the smallest resorts WDW has which make the food court less crowded and your walking distance to anywhere within the resort shorter. I'll be there is just 11 days!

ToDisney
08-04-2007, 02:31 PM
We love Riverside!! On our last stay there we took the kids to the pool at French Quarter, it was less crowded for a while. But then it wasn't everything that Ole man island is either. Our family likes the wilderness look of the Alligator Bayou rooms.

mttafire
08-04-2007, 02:52 PM
I say POFQ...However, We've never stayed at POR. Just a visit. So obviously my answer is biased..:blush: I just love POFQ:mickey:

mrsgaribaldi
08-05-2007, 05:23 AM
We have stayed at both but I prefer POFQ. I like that it is smaller. The rooms had been redone a few years ago so that was a plus too. We are staying at the FQ for the meet in October. :mickey:

Spinmatt
08-05-2007, 04:26 PM
Just got back from POFQ on Friday, and we just loved it. Transportation buses picked up at POFQ first and then went either directly to the park or to the POR stops. Return transportation dropped of at POR first most of the time. We liked the size of POFQ, only a couple minute walk to the food court, gift shop, bus stop and boat dock. We were in Building 5 facing the river, so we were also close to the pool for two 13 year old girls, and close to two smoking locations for our smoker of the group.
The food in the food court was generally good,(quality and speed of service was noticeably worse when the weekend staff was on).

Donald_Quackers
08-05-2007, 07:16 PM
I stayed at riverside in the mansion section, I loved the setting, walking over to the food court in the morning for breakfast was very calm and relaxing, even having to walk over a couple of bridges.

I haven't been to FQ, so I can't comment on that, but I can't imagine going wrong with either.

TINKERBELL_82
08-05-2007, 09:01 PM
POFQ gets my vote! It's my favorite resort of all on property!

tinksmom02
08-05-2007, 09:47 PM
We stayed at POR in January and liked it. We were in AB, which was very nice, rustic, quiet. However, we were so far away from everything...we were 10 minutes away from everything, the main building, the parking lot, the fishin' hole...we were just so set back!

So we're trying POFQ in Sept. We visited during our last trip for dinner at the food court, and I suspect it will be our new favorite! It's just so much smaller and I think DD4 will enjoy the pool.

I don't think you'll go wrong either way, and being that they're sister resorts, you can visit the other resort, even the pool!

wonderalice23
08-06-2007, 12:27 AM
Thanks everyone, we ended up with Riverside - mainly by default! I think either would have been great - just have to book earlier - FQ was pretty much booked! We'll probably end up touring both resorts anyways! :thumbsup:

garymacd
08-06-2007, 11:40 AM
That is the beauty of Port Orleans. You can see both places since they are right side by side.

Whatever you do, don't forget to try the beignets! :cloud9:

mainemajor
08-06-2007, 06:58 PM
I prefer Dixie Landings. Oops, I mean PO Riverside. It reminds me more of the south that my mother is from.:mickey:

mermaidmarian
08-07-2007, 06:48 AM
We have stayed at both FQ and Riverside and think they are both the best combination of theming, amenities and value on property. For our family's needs, we found we prefer Riverside because of the size of the Food Court and the availability of quiet pools (and DS loves the Fishing Hole!).

offero
08-07-2007, 08:13 AM
I say FQ without a doubt. after staying there last time, I don't think I will stay anywhere else again.

DisneyCouple07
08-07-2007, 11:57 AM
Definitely POFQ for me. My DW stayed there last year for our honeymoon and she liked it so much that we will be staying there again this September for our anniversary. :mickey:

GreenBeetle
08-07-2007, 04:52 PM
POFQ for me too!! Love, love, love it there. :thumbsup: