PDA

View Full Version : Rainforest Cafe Animatronics

robyn221
08-04-2007, 11:48 AM
I'm not sure if this should go here or the Dining forum or elsewhere, but here goes:

We had lunch at the Rainforest Cafe yesterday while on vacation on Galveston Island, Tx. The kids had a great time and the food was very good, but my DH and I both thought the animatronics were a bit dated. The animals movements were clunky and you could hear their joints and their mouths click loudly as they moved. It reminded us a lot of the animals in the Jungle Cruise (not that I'm knocking the Jungle Cruise, but there have been several improvements made to animatronic technology since that ride opened).

I know there's a Rainforest Cafe at the entrance to AK and one in DD, which is why I'm posting this question here. Do the WDW locations use Disney's animatronic technology to make the animals more lifelike?

Thanks!

Robyn:mickey:

hooberry
08-04-2007, 12:00 PM
All rainforest cafes are basically the same, We have been to several , vegas, dallas and Disney ,and you wouldn't be able to tell one from the other:mickey:

BelleBeauty
08-04-2007, 01:12 PM
The Rainforest Cafe is owned operated by a company separate from Disney. Though they are in DTD and just outside of AK, I don't believe that Disney has a part in the development of their animatronics - which is why you see the problems that you do.

MinnieMommie
08-04-2007, 06:04 PM
I think you should expect to see what you experienced in Texas. I have been to several and the animal movements/sounds have all been the same. :mickey:

robyn221
08-04-2007, 06:51 PM
Thanks y'all. Guess I was hoping that the high quality technology in the parks would carry over to the restaurants on their properties.

Let me again say that the food and service were very good. My comment concerned the outdated (at least in Disney standards) animatronic technology. Guess I'm just jaded.