PDA

View Full Version : Poly or WLodge? YOUR favorite?

EmmMOM2
08-04-2007, 07:16 AM
Poly vs WLodge?

Which one would be better for young kids? Better transportation?
Which is YOUR favorite??

SBETigg
08-04-2007, 07:48 AM
Both are great for young kids. I give the edge to the Polynesian there because you have a zero entry pool and the sandy beach for them to play on with a view of Cinderella Castle right there.

The Polynesian is tops in transportation out of all WDW resorts, in my opinion. You have the monorail or boat launch to/from MK. You have a short walk to the TTC to grab the monorail to Epcot. The bus service is timely and seldom crowded. I've never had to wait for a second bus due to crowding to or from the Polynesian. The WL, you have a boat to the MK but buses everywhere else.

My favorite of the two: The Polynesian. I love the lush tropical feel of the grounds, the restaurants, the pool, and most of all, the location. But if value is also one of your criteria, the WL is a great one to consider, slightly more affordable and still a great place to stay.

mrsgaribaldi
08-04-2007, 08:05 AM
Polynesian. I just love the whole resort. It is so beautiful. The rooms are real nice and the people fantastic.:tikki:
I also love the convenience of the transportation:thumbsup:

jodijo
08-04-2007, 10:28 AM
We have stayed at both and love WL!
We did not feel that the Poly had better transportation. We had to walk a long way to get to the monorail. Then, it had a few stops before we got to our destination. In fact, we had to get off and transfer to a different monorail when going to EPCOT. We did walk to the TTC most of the time but it was also a bit of a walk.
The kids loved the pools and beaches at both.
Poly did have bigger rooms.

I hope this helps!

Nicki'sMom
08-04-2007, 03:23 PM
I had a terrible time deciding between these two resorts. I loved the idea of a tropical setting but I have wanted to stay at WL since I was a little girl and in 30 days I will get my wish. I thought it would be a better hotel with a 3yo too because the hotel is all connected and it would be convenient to walk to the room. I also love the lodge feel and can't wait to see the pool and geyser up close. Next time it will be Poly when everybody has the walking stamina to make it a farther distance between buildings and the main building.

Sinewiz
08-06-2007, 10:31 AM
Have stayed at the WL three times now and it's hands down my favorite resort so far. That said, I'm going to be staying at the Poly for the first time in late October and am just praying that I'll enjoy my stay there as much as I have enjoyed staying at the WL.

ArtDeco
08-06-2007, 10:37 AM
Keep the thoughts coming! I'm a WL nut myself, but want more information because we're planning a huge trip in 2009 to include one or both of them. Must hear your thoughts!

DisneyJunkie
08-06-2007, 01:10 PM
Hmmm.....the Poly or the Wilderness Lodge?

I've stayed at both, the Poly one more time than the WL. For my wife and I, we LOVE the convenience of having the monorail at the Poly. On the other hand, we are the sort who will eat a small, quick meal and get back out and about in the parks, so the Roaring Forks has Captain Cook's (at the Poly) beat in terms of what we'd get to eat. The Poly has the boat or monorail to the MK, while the WL has just the boat to the MK and then the buses to everywhere else. The WL has the much larger and more impressive lobby, but the Poly has 'Ohana and a great view of Seven Seas Lagoon.

Each resort has its own points in its favor. We honeymooned at the Poly and went back again a year or two later. We love it there. We're going back to WDW in Sept 08 with numerous other family members, and may be staying at the WL this time. It depends on where you'll be going most of the time , if money is a major factor, and so forth.

I think the Poly gets the edge from me, though.

Polynesian Dweller
08-06-2007, 01:20 PM
We have stayed at the Poly consistently but only after checking out the other options. The Poly can't be beat for both its views of MK, the fireworks at night, and the transportation. The walks to the monorail and the TTC are not far, despite what other postings have said. But even with the walk, the number of options for transportation isn't matched anywhere on the property.

There are the buses a the resorts bus stop for all locations in WDW, the resort launch to MK, the Resort Monorail to the other monorail hotels and MK. From the TTC (about 5-7minutes from the centre of the property) there is the Express Monorail to MK, the Epcot Monorail and the Ferry service to MK. There simply is no resort with that many options for transport. For us, that's a huge factor since it minimizes travel times to almost anywhere.

Someone who has been there since the new Captain Cook's has opened can give better info on that food option (though everything I read says its vastly improved) and O'hana restaurant is one of the great kid experiences in a resort.

Guess you know how I'd vote. :D

mickey&missy
08-06-2007, 02:04 PM
Well, I haven't stayed at poly yet. We stayed at WL in Oct and loved it! I can't say a bad thing about it!

We choose to stay at poly this coming trip for ease of transportation. Our littlest Mouseketeer will be 9 months and I figured it would be easier to jump on the monorail, especially if someone has to take him back to the hotel in the middle of the day. Plus, I can't wait to sit on the beach, drink in my hand and watch Wishes :cloud9:

I truely think that no matter which you decide on you won't be disappointed!

mttafire
08-06-2007, 02:12 PM
IMHO, W.L. is Disney's BEST resort. The Poly..While we've never stayed there is very nice. We have rode the Monorail to it for a visit. My pick....W.L.:thumbsup:

nu2mousehouse
08-06-2007, 03:19 PM
My family enjoyed both.

Our Pro's for the Poly -
- Rooms are bigger
- View is better
- Fireworks
- Magic Kingdom
- Access to Monorail and TTC\
- Larger video arcade (son's input)

Our Pro's for the WL
- Better theming - Our opinion
- Better set up (single facility vs. many out buildings)
- Better restaurants
- More of a warm and relaxed feeling to the place.
- Better pool area
- Fitness Center is right there - Poly shares facility with GF. :lift: The run is nice to get there, but pure availability goes to WL. :thumbsup:

The transportation edge is slight and goes to the Poly for being on the monorail and for being right next to the TTC. But WL can get you to the monorail with a boat ride

Our family gives the over-all edge to the WL for the theming.

Please note that all commentary is subjective and based upon our own experience and preferences. we would stay at either one in a heartbeat. :D

Scott
:tikki:

GrmGrninGost
08-06-2007, 06:22 PM
Both are great for young kids and us "older kids!" I do like the fact that the Poly has monorail service. It is very convenient. On the whole though, my favorite resort at WDW is the Wilderness Lodge! My second favorite? The Polynesian! You can't go wrong either way! :mickey: