PDA

View Full Version : Disappointed with PM EMH at AK

castlegirl
08-03-2007, 11:46 PM
We went to EMH in the evening at AK. We used our PH and went to MGM in the AM and AK in the PM.

IMHO, there wasn't much to do! Everest FP were gone and there was an hour+ stand-by wait. Nemo show wasn't showing. Rafiki's Planet Watch closed at 7:00. The park was open until 11 PM, but not much to do. Tusker House was closed. Even some of the food carts were closing by 7 PM. We didn't even see one character!

I read on several websites what was available on EMH so I realize not everything is open. I knew that Safari wouldn't be availble late. It seemed that the only major attractions open late were in DinoLand. I thought there would be more to do for our family.

Maybe it was poor planning on my part, but the other 3 parks seem to have more attractions/activities available in their EMH. So, we left and went to MK. (Good we had a PH!) It will be awhile before we return to AK, we don't seem to have much luck there. Just my:twocents:

Sunshine1010
08-04-2007, 01:34 AM
I'm sorry you had a bad experience. Don't you hate that....when you are anticipating something, and then you are 'let down'.

I can't say that I have any experience with the EMH because I avoid the days as well as the nights they offer these. It just seems too crowded.

Regardless.....go to AK early in the morning one day and have the park to yourselves. Maybe you'll have a better time then.

Bobby T
08-04-2007, 03:28 AM
A little off topic...but not really as this takes EMH's at AK to occur. Can anyone here comment on what Everest is like at night? I've ridden it multiple times during the day, and can only imagine what the ride turns into when the sun goes down. Any special effects or lighting? I would love to hear about it.

Thanks.

yasmina
08-04-2007, 08:00 AM
We went to EMH in the evening at AK. We used our PH and went to MGM in the AM and AK in the PM.

IMHO, there wasn't much to do! Everest FP were gone and there was an hour+ stand-by wait. Nemo show wasn't showing. Rafiki's Planet Watch closed at 7:00. The park was open until 11 PM, but not much to do. Tusker House was closed. Even some of the food carts were closing by 7 PM. We didn't even see one character!

I read on several websites what was available on EMH so I realize not everything is open. I knew that Safari wouldn't be availble late. It seemed that the only major attractions open late were in DinoLand. I thought there would be more to do for our family.

We had a similar experience in MGM on Monday night this week. We had dinner at H&V with the Fantasmic package. We saw HSM pep rally, got fast passes for R&R, then went to dinner. After dinner, there was basically nothing to do. Like at AK, many of the food and souvenir stands were closed. All the major shows were done for the day (Indiana Jones, LMA). We had already done TofT earlier in the week, the kids didn't like Backlot tour, having ridden it before. With the latest ressie taken for the Fantasmic Dinner Package at 5:00 (ours was at 4:50, what do they expect people to do for 2 or so hours? (Take away an hour for dinner and 1/2 wait for Fantasmic) And of course, this wasn't even an EMH.

Nekochan
08-04-2007, 09:13 AM
[QUOTE=yasmina;1377305] what do they expect people to do for 2 or so hours?

go shopping?

jszczur5
08-04-2007, 01:42 PM

go shopping?

Aha - funny, but oh, so true.

angedeaile
08-04-2007, 01:47 PM
I figure I will run into the same problem when we attend an EMH one night at MGM during our trip.

There are only a handful of rides running at that time. I read the list on infocentral and none of them tickle my fancy.

SO I guess I would take that time to wander around the park and see it in a way you can't during the day.

I am really sorry to hear you were disappointed. It wasn't at all beautiful to see the park at night?

Polynesian Dweller
08-04-2007, 02:04 PM
We've never done an EMH mostly because only part of the park is open. Figured we'd be disappointed and this report seems to confirm that. :unsure:

yasmina
08-04-2007, 03:23 PM

go shopping?

LOL - part of the genius of Disney!

septembergirl
08-04-2007, 06:44 PM
Believe it or not, I am actually kind of glad to hear this. We are only going to have a couple of hours or so for AK on our upcoming trip. Since we have never been, it won't be a big let down because just seeing the park will be new and fun. Then, we are off to Boma!:eat: Can't wait!!!

MickeysEars
08-04-2007, 06:54 PM
We are going to go to the Morning EMH at AK so we can ride everest and have a character meal. It never occured to us to go to AK for evening EMH because I figured all the animal attractions would be closed

Eeyore's My Favorite
08-04-2007, 08:58 PM
Evening EMH at the AK are the only thing available the few days we're going to be there in September, but I think the park closes at 5pm so it'll only be open til 8pm. We were planning on doing the MK in the morning & then back to POP & then to AK but we may have to bump a few things up if not much is going to be open @ AK during EMH. Thanks for the info.....:mickey:

dolphinmickey9170
08-04-2007, 09:24 PM
I guess we are in the minority here. We did EMH in May and right at 6 when the park was closing to offsite guests, we entered. First we went to ITTBAB and only waited about 10 minutes to get in. Then we walked over to FOtLK and enjoyed a wonderful show, (except for the rude guy who planted his very capable body on the handicap bench, and then had the nerve to turn around and ask me if I wanted to sit with him......puhlease). After the show (it was a 7 and it was the last one for the night) we went to Flame tree and had dinner and then we walked to dinosaur and waited about 10 minutes for that. After we walked to E:E, my DH sat and waited and I went into standby, waiting only 15 minutes. Was going to do Kali, but DH was still dizzy from dinosaur (very sensative to motion) and we walked to the shops and had a fun time getting pressed pennies for our DGD. The tree lit up at night was beautiful and we enjoyed the shops pretty much to ourselves.

snifflesmcg
08-04-2007, 09:31 PM
I never bother with EMH for AK. When I go in Sept, the park is only open from 9-5. Those 8 hours are plenty for me to see everything I want.