PDA

View Full Version : BethanyMouse's Grand Celebration Pre-Trip Report

Bethanymouse
08-03-2007, 11:32 PM
I can't believe it is finally time to write up a trip report!:joy: I feel like I have been counting down forever! This trip has been planned since April when free dining was released. We are going to celebrate many things: our recent engagement, Anthony graduating with his master's degree, Anthony's birthday, our five year anniversary and my acceptance into a doctoral psychology program that I begin in the fall. For this reason, I have decided to call this our Grand Celebration Trip!
When: August 20-31st
Where: Disney's Pop Century
Cast:
BethanyMouse- Me age 25, Intercot addict and disney obsessed. My job is pretty stressful so I have been looking forward to this trip long before it was even booked!
Disney Fiance (DF)- Anthony age 27. Very excited to be on vacation from work and ready to celebrate!

I have been to disney over 20 times. Last summer I went twice, once with my family and once on a girls weekend. Anthony has been to disney 3 times, this being his fourth trip- all with me! We are trying out Garden Grocer this trip since we are going for 11 days. Just for simple things like water and breakfast stuff. I already placed our order and we are ready to go!
We are going to take advantage of ME and the free dining plan. For our first week we are on the dining plan, and our free dining plan kicks in on the 26th of August. Here is our agenda:
Mon. August 20th- We depart Newark at 7:15 am.....that means we need to leave the house around 3:30...getting up around 3 :eek: We land in Orlando around 10 am, hopping ME to the POP. We are planning to drop our bags and head off to ESPN Club for some lunch! Anthony has always wanted to try it so we are giving it a go! We are thinking of going to AK after that and staying until we are tired.
Tues. August 21st- We are probably going to go to MK this morning, mostly because I cant wait much longer to walk down main street :cloud9:! Probably swimming in the afternoon. We have a dinner reservation for Le Cellier that night so we will hopefully catch Illuminations and spend some EMH at Epcot!
Wed. August 22nd- This is Anthony's specially planned day. For his belated birthday celebration (July 25) we are beginning our morning with the famous tonga toast (our first time). I made reservations for jet skiing at the Contemporary afterwards at 11. The rest of the afternoon is up in the air. We do have a dinner reservation at the PrimeTime Cafe that evening. Perhaps we will be able to catch Fantasmic:fworks: and enjoy a late night at MGM.
Thurs. August 23rd- We are hoping to catch the EMH MK morning. Dinner that night is planned for Nine Dragons. Epcot is open late, not sure if we will make it or not...depends on how tired we are.
Fri. August 24th- MGM opens early, not sure if we will do this. We are going see what we are up to and take it from there. We do have dinner at Ohana's that night and plan on heading to MK afterwards!
Sat. August 25th- AK EMH morning, not sure if we will do it, maybe! The day is up in the air- probably will hit AK in the morning and head over to DTD in the afternoon. Maybe try out Earl of Sandwich for lunch. Dinner this night is in Wolfgang Puck.
Sun. August 26th- Our free dining plan begins! Our two friends are also joining the trip this day. They will probably join us in the parks some of the days. We dont have a plan for the day yet- we will see what we still want to explore. Dinner this night is at the CA grill :tasty:with a late night at MK.
Mon. August 27th- I had to change our originaly plan for this day due to Teppanyaki still being refurbed. I called to change reservations and couldnt get anything but Ohana's for dinner. So it will be our second time there on the trip. Anthony is really excited about that though- he loves Ohana's :eat:! After dinner we will probably head over to EMH MGM.
Tues. August 28th- We are going to try to hit the EMH Epcot morning. Dinner this night is at the Concourse Steakhouse.
Wed. August 29th- Chef Mickey's breakfast with our friends! :chipdale: Not sure were we will head after our bellies are full.
Thurs. August 30th- Our last night! EMH morning in MK. Dinner at Kona Cafe. Definitely Wishes to end the trip:tink:!
Fri. August 31st- our last day in the world. We are going to head into the parks since we have a late flight. Probably MK again...just cause I love it so!

Since this is our longest trip ever we plan on laying back and enjoying it. We have dinner reservations planned for most nights but other than that we are going to be spontanous. We hope to take advantage of the pools and the EMH. Thanks to everyone on Intercot for all of your help with planning and for keeping me going during my countdown! Any advice or opinions on our itinerary is appreciated!

BronxTigger
08-04-2007, 06:00 AM
Sounds like you have a great trip planned!

I'll be there August 18-22 and I'm planning on going to Epcot EMH on the 21st also. Maybe we could meet for a Mickey bar or something.

SBETigg
08-04-2007, 08:22 AM
Sounds wonderful! We'll be there in 15 days. I can't wait. Have a magical time!

shan-ash
08-04-2007, 01:39 PM
Have a great trip! Your plans sound wonderful:party:

ElenitaB
08-04-2007, 02:31 PM
What a nice long vacation and so many celebrations to enjoy! Can't think of a better place to do so though... :mickey:

Here's to a great vacation! :cheers:

princessjojo
08-04-2007, 02:36 PM
Sounds like your plans are exceptional. :thumbsup: You should, and I know you will, have a wonderful time.

BTW, congratulations on all of your wonderful news. So much at one time, you are truly blessed.

mrsgaribaldi
08-04-2007, 06:04 PM
It sounds great, take me with you please:blush: I'll meet you at Newark;)
Have safe flights and a great trip:mickey:

Christine
08-04-2007, 06:49 PM
Have a wonderful long vacation!!! :cloud9:

I'll look forward to your reports when you get back!

dolphinmickey9170
08-04-2007, 09:14 PM
First of all, congrats to Anthony on the Master's Degree, second, happy birthday, third happy anniversary and fourth, congrats on the dr'l program. :whew: That was a mouthful.

Sounds like you have a great trip planned. I surely hope you enjoy yourselves!! Can't wait to read the report when you return. Take care a travel safely!

iheartmickey
08-04-2007, 10:36 PM
Sounds like a wonderful trip. Wish we could tag along .... do you have extra room in your luggage for us? JK!

Can't wait to read the trip report when you get back. Safe travels! :thumbsup:

Bethis26fan
08-04-2007, 11:37 PM
I hope you have a great trip.

faline
08-06-2007, 05:59 AM
Great plans! Have a wonderful time!

January-2007
08-06-2007, 09:06 AM
Sounds like you have quite a trip planned and many reasons to celebrate, I hope you have a marvelous time!

DizNee143
08-07-2007, 04:01 PM
seems like you guys will have a great time...cant wait to hear all about it when you get back...have fun!!!!!!! :mickey:

KylesMom
08-08-2007, 04:06 PM
Grand Celebration indeed! You have many wonderful plans and delicious meals to enjoy. I look forward to hearing all about it when you return! :mickey: And congrats on all of your special occasions!

bleukarma
08-08-2007, 04:25 PM
First of all, congrats to Anthony on the Master's Degree, second, happy birthday, third happy anniversary and fourth, congrats on the dr'l program. :whew:

What she said and also congrats on the recent engagement!!!! So many celebrations...it sounds like its going to be a wonderful trip!!!! :mickey::mickey:

Lizzie
08-10-2007, 04:21 PM
Have a great trip.

T-Belle
08-10-2007, 05:00 PM
Wow! It's sounds like you have such a fun trip planned! Also, congrats:congrats: on all your accomplishments! The 2 of you certainly deserve some fun time!! Don't forget to tell us all about it.

DisneyGRL7
08-11-2007, 12:20 AM
Your plan looks fabulous! Have an amazing LONG trip. :mickey:

murphy1
08-14-2007, 08:08 AM
I think your trip is aptly named!! Have a great time!!

princessgirls
08-14-2007, 10:50 PM
Enjoy your Trip!!

It sounds FABULOUS!! Maybe we'll run into you!! We'll be there August 26-September 3.

Enjoy!

Julie:mickey:

Bethanymouse
08-19-2007, 03:20 PM
Thank you all so much for your well wishes. Our bags are all packed and we have gone over the final packing list at least 3 times! Tomorrow morning at 3:45 am we depart our house to head to Newark airport for our 7:15 flight! We are so excited! Thanks to everyone here for helping me plan plan plan....and for helping me with my disney addiction:blush:! I look forward to sharing our trip with you when we return!

faline
08-19-2007, 03:33 PM
Wow! Almost time to leave! Have a great time!