PDA

View Full Version : Just recived PIN offer!! Need advice (and pixie dust)

PrincessCathy
08-03-2007, 08:36 PM
I just (today) received a PIN offer in the mail. :yay: Our next trip wasn't supposed to be until 2009! (DH puts up with my Disney addiction - he's so good to me:blush:) Anyway, this offer fits in with our anniversary and Christmas and it seems to be really good, so DH said if we can get the reservations we can go!:joy:

Ok so... I can't ask for time off until Tuesday. A little pixie dust would be nice - hopefully I'll get the time off approved. (Just a little pixie dust please.)

I need to decide between mid Oct or early/mid Dec. Oct would coincide with our anniversary but I've never been during Christmas festivities. Which would you recommend?

Also, when you get a PIN can you take another couple - and get two rooms? I was thinking about inviting my BIL and his fiancée.

Finally, since I won't know until Tues or Wed when/if I can go - Is it possible to hold a room(s) (through MJ) and then make a final reservation or do I have to wait until next week?

I haven't even checked for airfare yet! Aaaah. (You should know that I normally plan everything sooooo early. This has me so excited!!!!!! And is so nerve racking.) I just need to breath....... ok.... I'm ok now. Thanks for reading. I know most of you will understand my excitement.

DSNYMOM4JJ
08-03-2007, 09:11 PM
I would pick Christmas time it sounds so romantic! I hope you can go so here's some pixie dust for you !!!!:pixie:

Clotho
08-03-2007, 09:18 PM
I hate being this person, but...

What is a PIN offer?

Sorry! LOL

PrincessCathy
08-03-2007, 09:35 PM
I hate being this person, but...

What is a PIN offer?

Occasionally Disney sends out e-mails or postcards that have special offers. Along with the offer is a PIN number that is only good for the person to whom the offer was sent. The number is in the computer attached to your name. (They aren't transferable.)

There isn't supposed to be any rhyme or reason behind who they send the offers to - that I know of. But people recommend signing up on their website and taking the surveys when you are asked.

I've received 2 or 3 over the last several years but they have come during times I couldn't go or when I had already planned on going. So this is the first time that the price seems right and I might have the time to go.

Bethanymouse
08-03-2007, 11:56 PM
I am so glad that you got this offer! I would suggest christmas time. I have never been down in Dec but I hear that it is double the magic! Sending some pixie dust for some vacation time for you!

kswiz
08-04-2007, 12:34 AM
Cathy, We've been during both periods you mention.

Mid-October is the Food & Wine Festival at Epcot and MNSSHP at Magic Kingdom.

Early December crowds are not too bad and there is MVMCP at MK and lights and lights and decorations and decorations. Here are a few pictures (http://www.kodakgallery.com/kswiz/main?year=2004&month=11&) from our 12/2004 trip if that helps you decide.

Either way, have a great time, Martin

faline
08-04-2007, 08:45 AM
Congratulations!

Magical Journeys should be able to assist you with putting a room on hold.

My favorite time to visit is in early December. However, this year the Intercot meet is in October so that would also be a great time to go.

Air fares have not been great as of late so I'd suggest shopping as soon as possible and grabbing onto the best deal you can get.

PrincessCathy
08-05-2007, 08:32 PM
Thanks for your replies everyone. And Martin, thanks very much for sharing the pictures.

I have December dates on hold through MJ. Airline tickets aren't too bad - but I can't purchase until I get the time off from work.

Now I just have to do my homework about the x-mas festivities.

TINKERBELL_82
08-05-2007, 08:38 PM
Good for you Cathy!! You will love WDW in December- it's absolutely gorgeous.

Here's that pixie dust you needed to get the time off work: :tink:

101pup
08-07-2007, 09:23 AM
Yes, thanks for sharing the photos. We are going this December and it certainly makes me anxious to get there. we have never been there in Dec. Have been at Thanksgiving time when they give you a good teaser of the decorations to come.

PrincessCathy
08-08-2007, 12:17 AM
Package is booked! Flights are booked! Next: ADRs and hopefully the Christmas party.

Thanks so much to everyone for your input and pixie dust.

Christmastime at Disney...here I come.:santa:

LoriMistress
08-08-2007, 12:33 AM
I'm sure you'll be okay. I'm sure you'll get the time off and before you know it--you'll be at WDW again.

Zimkeeper
08-08-2007, 02:47 PM
Congratulations:thumbsup:
We also received a specil email offer with a PIN # and just booked for the week before Christmas. We were not planning another trip this year (WL in January) but the offer was too good to pass up.
I made my ADRs right away and had some trouble getting everything I tried for but hey, we are going to WDW:cloud9:
Good luck with your ADRs.

bleukarma
08-08-2007, 02:56 PM
Congrats on the good offer and the surprise trip!!! Yay...Christmas at Disney World!!!! :santa:
Is your BIL going too or is it just you two?

PrincessCathy
08-08-2007, 09:50 PM
Is your BIL going too or is it just you two?

Since this is our first time at Christmas we decided to enjoy it by ourselves. It will be a sort of late anniversary/graduation present for me. (I get my MBA in January.) So it's just the two of us.

I purchased the Christmas party tickets today and made a couple of ADRs. The cast member who took my call was really nice. She went to the party last year and gave me tips on what I should do.

I am soooo looking forward to December at Disney.