PDA

View Full Version : rate hikes

kbwatzka
08-03-2007, 04:34 PM
Rumor has it that theme park ticket prices will increase sometime next week - about the same time that 2008 rates are also rumored to be released. My family is traveling Jan 1st - 7th. We currently have a room only reservation through Magical Express. That can be converted to a package - if a deal comes out in the interim. I don't know whether the first two weeks of January historically have had package deals. Do you think we would we be better off buying our theme park tickets now at current rates or waiting to see if a package comes out? How much do the theme park tickets typically go up each year? We will need 2 adult and 2 kid 6 day tickets with park hopping.

Thanks, I appreciate your input.

Beast_fanatic
08-03-2007, 10:02 PM
Here's information regarding historic discounts (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/discounts/historicdiscounts.asp).

Typically, the tickets don't go up more than about $5 or so (although Disney can always change things).

I'd probably ride it out.

angedeaile
08-04-2007, 01:17 PM
I am also in the same situation as you. Our DW portion of our trip is Jan 5th-10th.
After reading about the rumored prices and recalling the historic discount page, I seen there is nothing really to worry about.

Also, in the past discounts were offered for January (usually come out in Oct-Nov.) So I think our odds are pretty good of one coming out.

As for prices, it looks like it isn't so bad or so I gathered from reading the rumors.

I vote along with Beast_fanatic. I would ride it out.

mickey-mouse35
08-04-2007, 01:34 PM
According to the Orlando paper, prices go up this Sunday, Aug. 5. Although the prices don't seem like much, it's about $20 more a ticket for us (7 day hopper) because they are no longer doing the discount for buying early. Sure I am glad I purchased mine two weeks ago! :mickey:

mickey-mouse35
08-04-2007, 01:52 PM
Just saw a big discussion on rate hikes in news section here on Intercot. Check it out!

mickey&missy
08-04-2007, 02:01 PM
Its true, effective tomorrow.

vamaggie
08-04-2007, 02:04 PM
A semi-related question: If I have booked a package through MJ but have not paid for it yet, will we be affected by the rate change?

Donalds Duckie
08-04-2007, 08:03 PM
Are you referring to room rate or ticket rates? Ticket rates are supposed to become effective in the next day or two so that will definitely increase your package cost whether you go in 2007 or 2008.

I'm not sure if the Orlando Sentinal article means room rates will also go up in the next day or two as well. If that happens, all of us going in 2007 and 2008 are going to experience unexpected rate increases.