PDA

View Full Version : The Zen of Disney: Day Seven

TooGoofy
08-03-2007, 02:10 PM
The Zen of Disney...Day Seven

Cast: Meg: 43: trip planner and tour guide; 6th trip to the world
Dave: 51: general all around great guy: 6th trip to the world

We woke up feeling much better, and we quickly ate and got ready. We were headed to Epcot!

We first went to The Land. We were stopped at the rope and did the countdown with the CM’s, then they led the way to Soarin’. We grabbed FastPasses first thing and then hopped into the queue. For some reason on this trip, we always were on Concourse One. Dave and I started joking that Concourse Two really led you off in to some unknown dimension.

We enjoyed our flight so much that we hopped back in line and did it again! After we got off, we noticed that the queue was really building up, so we utilized our FastPasses. Finally, Dave pronounced himself “Soarin’ed out” for the time being, at least, and we headed off to check out other rides.

We went to Test Track and got FastPasses and then we went to Mission Space. The Standby line was only 5 minutes long for Orange and 10 minutes long for Green. We chose Green, as we had not tried that before. We had a good flight, and decided to do it again; so back in line we went.

We had worked up a bit of an appetite on our Mission to Mars, so we headed to Norway to ride Maelstrom and get some lunch. I just love Maelstrom and I have to go on it each and every trip. After the ride, we both got the chef’s special in Norway. This consisted of an open faced sandwich (we both got ham and Jarlsburg cheese), a cup of cheese and leek soup and dessert (we both got rice cream). It was all very tasty!

By that time, our FastPass time was open, so we headed to Test Track. We had a blast on Test Track and then headed back to the room for our showers and naps.

In the evening, we decided to go back to Epcot. We went to The Seas and rode the new Nemo ride there, and then we went to Turtle Talk. I love Crush, dude!

After the Seas, we went to England and got fish & chips (shhh! Don’t tell Nemo!) Then we headed to Japan where I did the pick-a-pearl. This was so much fun! Dave paid for this for me, as a special remembrance of my dolphin adventure earlier in the vacation. The oyster I picked out had a beautiful 7 ½ mm champagne colored pearl. I had it set in a sterling silver dolphin setting, so it looks like the dolphin is leaping over the pearl. There was much bowing and complimenting of the work. I really have to do this again! I may get my nieces pearls from Japan for their Christmas presents.

After this, we headed out to catch Illuminations. We went to our favorite new spot again, and we were also treated to a gorgeous sunset while waiting for the show to start.

After that we headed home, and I did some pre-packing because the next day we were heading to AKL!

Up next: AKL and the Naughty Bongo!

shan-ash
08-03-2007, 02:24 PM
Sounds like another great day--:mickey:

gauvin4
08-03-2007, 02:57 PM
We have not done pick-a-pearl. This maybe something Marissa would enjoy as pearl is her birthstone. Were there alot of setting to choose from?? Thanks for another great report.

January-2007
08-03-2007, 03:35 PM
Watching the sun set in Epcot is so beautiful. The pearl setting sounds like a wonderful remembrance of your dolphin adventure! Thanks for the great trip reports! :mickey:

TooGoofy
08-03-2007, 03:46 PM
We have not done pick-a-pearl. This maybe something Marissa would enjoy as pearl is her birthstone. Were there alot of setting to choose from?? Thanks for another great report.

Marissa would love this! There were many settings to choose from. Everything from rings to necklaces, and pins to earrings (some of the oysters have twin pearls!) You could choose a simple setting, or something more elaborate. Picking the pearl cost about $14.00. The setting were extra (of course), but my dolphin only cost about $20.00. We got the pendant there, but bought a less expensive chain when we got back home.

dolphinmickey9170
08-03-2007, 04:57 PM
Any chance we could see a pix of your beautiful treasure? I can't wait to try this.

Thanks for reporting. Can't wait to hear some more.

Bethis26fan
08-03-2007, 06:03 PM
sounds like a good day.

Bethanymouse
08-03-2007, 09:21 PM
Another great day! I am so glad that you were able to see so many things. The pick a pearl sounds wonderful! I might have to check that out next trip. Thank you so much for sharing!:mickey:

iheartmickey
08-03-2007, 10:50 PM
Sounds like a wonderful day! I am putting the pick a pearl on my list of things my mom and I HAVE to do. My mom loves black pearls and is always looking for them.

Thank you for sharing! :thumbsup:

pdrlkr
08-04-2007, 10:53 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

Beach Club Babe
08-05-2007, 11:46 AM
Another great day!

faline
08-06-2007, 07:00 AM
I'm glad you were feeling better and had a wonderful day. Your pearl sounds lovely and, I'm sure, will remind you of your special time with the dolphins each time you wear it!

KylesMom
08-06-2007, 03:48 PM
You guys got to do some great repeats today - and your pearl sounds beautiful! What a fab ending to a great day. I'm excited to read about AKL! :mickey:

ElenitaB
08-07-2007, 11:48 PM
So glad that you're feeling better. The detail of the dolphin jumping over the pearl is just precious! What a great day you had! Thanks so much for sharing!

DizNee143
08-08-2007, 01:14 PM
sounds like a great day in Epcot!! thats awesome you got to ride pretty much 3 times in a row!! your news pearl necklace sounds very nice!! and you two must really love illuminations?? its my favorite!! :mickey:

BronxTigger
08-09-2007, 08:50 PM
You got a lot of fun things done today!

I want to try to do the pick-a-pearl thing at Japan, provided it's open when I'm there. At the very least, I want to watch some other people do it.

Lizzie
08-10-2007, 04:34 PM
Sounds like another great day.