PDA

View Full Version : South Jersey Area to PHL via Rapid Rover

Figgyluv03
08-03-2007, 12:33 PM
Have any of you in the SJ/Philly area used Rapid Rover? I just got a quote from their website and it was $42 for DBf and I from my house to PHL. That's crazy. It's not even a 20 minute drive and a 3 dollar toll to get out of jersey. I think that's a little much or am I just crazy.

crazykids
08-03-2007, 12:54 PM
That's pretty much what I'd expect.

We always drive there & park in one of the lots. We always used Kinney, but I think they closed & reopened w/ a new name - anyway, I think they charged around $50-$60 a week to park your car & they'll shuttle you right to the gate & bring you back to your car upon return. The parking lot is fenced in & has security guards, we've never had a problem. They always gave us a discount for having a AAA card & it was just very convenient for us.

Scar
08-03-2007, 01:14 PM
Actually that sounds pretty cheap. Happy Limo (http://www.intercot.com/news/advertising/*********.asp) charges $55 from MCO to WDW.

Minniemouse27
08-03-2007, 01:18 PM
I was quoted $215 round trip for us. Four of us back and forth to the airport (we live up near the PA Turnpike) in our own van.

I think we are going to opt for the Days Inn in Chester. We can stay overnight and be right there for our 9am flight...and leave the car there for 9days... for $115 including tax!

PirateLover
08-03-2007, 02:16 PM
My friend used that specific service from southern NJ to PHL and said that his driver was absolutely nuts. He described the ride as if the driver was in the middle of an acid trip. Of course it provided for an entertaining story since he got to the airport in one piece, but I don't know that I'd trust the company if that is the type of people they hire....

BelleBeauty
08-03-2007, 02:44 PM
Sounds pretty normal to me. My last car trip to the airport - Brooklyn to Newark - $100. For just me, myself and I and a little suitcase.

Figgyluv03
08-04-2007, 08:45 AM
Yeah, the last time I took them it was over 10 year ago and my parents arranged it. I'd ask one of them to take us, but I don't really want to have to wake them up at 4:00 in the morning, to leave my 4:15 and get us to the airport by 5:00, not that it will even take us that long to get to the airport, especially that early in the morning.

ariel03
08-04-2007, 10:16 AM
DH and I have stopped going to PHL airport. We found it more trouble then its worth. We now use the atlantic city airport. We fly Spirit Airlines and we absoluty love it. Check in is quick and the planes are usually empty when we fly down so we have a pick of seats on the plane. We have DH's Pop drive us down in the morning and he has enough time to make it to work. It takes us about an hour to drive there and then about 1/2 hour to check in and get thru security at most. We only spent 100 dollars on our round trip flight per person in Sept. I would try using Spirit next time. I don't know but I would guess it would cost alot less to get transportaion to Atlantic city airport then to PHL:thumbsup:

Figgyluv03
08-09-2007, 12:23 PM
I flew out of AC doing down on to the College Program and then home again. I love that airport too and it's small, but Spirit doesn't have the Magical Express and that comes with the package, so I ahve to use one of the airlines that does use it.

Minniemouse27
08-09-2007, 12:45 PM
I flew out of AC doing down on to the College Program and then home again. I love that airport too and it's small, but Spirit doesn't have the Magical Express and that comes with the package, so I ahve to use one of the airlines that does use it.

You can use ME w/ any airline you want, even if it isn't a "participating" airline. The difference is that you will just have to check in yourself, and check your own bags upon return. Any baggage that comes into MCO w/ the ME tags on them automatically get sent to WDW...no matter the airline.

SW isn't a participating airline either but everyone still uses them and just puts their own bags on the bus and checks them in for their return trip themselves.

HTH

Figgyluv03
08-09-2007, 12:51 PM
Thanks Christine!

ariel03
08-09-2007, 01:31 PM
Yep we use magical express and love it. Our bags get checked in at AC, then we seem them again in our room later that day. When we leave we just take them with us on the bus and check into the airline like we did when we left NJ.

Hammer
08-09-2007, 01:49 PM
Personally, I have haven't had very good luck with Spirit Airlines out of Atlantic City. It takes me twice as long to get to AC from my home than to drive to PHL. Also, I usually have sizable delays when I fly Spirit and the AC airport has very little to do if you are stuck there for any substantial period of time. Also, I usually receive better prices for fares out of Philadelphia.

Regarding Rapid Rover, they are pretty expensive simply because they can be. They are the only car service that I know of which serves Southern New Jersey. I have a couple of off-site lots which I use. Should you decide to fly out of PHL, let me know and I'll PM you some info. :plane:

Pop Centurion
08-09-2007, 02:53 PM
Yeah Rapid Rover is way over priced. My GF's father paid $80 both ways. We always just get her parents to drive us there.
As for the nutty drivers. I can confirm this. I drive to work at 4:00 in the morning and there has been plenty of occasions where I've seen them fly by me at close to 100mph and switching lanes like a maniac.

ariel03
08-09-2007, 03:44 PM
I never had a delay getting out of AC there isn't alot of flights going in and out so there would be no reason for one unless they where holding a plane for someone.:confused:

CleveRocks
08-09-2007, 05:54 PM
$42 for a 20 minute ride with a $3 toll is an outstanding price!!! Call a local taxi company and ask how much it would cost, and I guarantee it'll be much more than $42.

Hammer
08-09-2007, 07:02 PM
I never had a delay getting out of AC there isn't alot of flights going in and out so there would be no reason for one unless they where holding a plane for someone.:confused:

There always seems to be a delay from the incoming flight, so my flight is consequently delayed. If you take an early morning flight, that usually isn't a problem, but I don't like taking early morning flights.

You do bring up another thing I dislike about flying out of AC; the lack of flights. If you are lucky, Spirit has maybe 2 flights a day to Orlando or Tampa (as I sometimes visit my parents first) and usually at odd times. Not enough of a choice of flight times for me.

I know there are many South Jerseyites who like AC airport (another moderator, wendy*darling, loves to use that airport), it just isn't my first choice.

ariel03
08-10-2007, 11:26 AM
That makes sence we always take the first flight out in the morning.
LOL More disney time.:mickey:

Figgyluv03
08-10-2007, 12:39 PM
Hammer, you're only about 20 minutes away from me. Can you PM those lots, so I can look into them? Worst comes to worst, I'll just make my parents get up that early. My mom's use to get up at 4:30 anyway!

Hammer
08-10-2007, 01:03 PM
PM on its way...