PDA

View Full Version : dining suggestions

Mary Poppins
08-03-2007, 11:35 AM
DH and I will be taking our 2 DDs in May for the first time. They will be almost 4 and just turned 2 when we go. We are staying at the Disneyland hotel. We'd like to do a couple of character meals, maybe Blue Bayou but I think mostly counter service as it's faster.

So if you could give me some suggestions it would much appreciated! :mickey::)

tinkwest
08-03-2007, 12:03 PM
The kids should love Goofy's Kitchen. And it is located right at your hotel! Make priority seating arrangements.

At Disneyland, Tomorrowland Terrace has some great counter service kids meals. Hungry Bear Restaurant in Critter Country has kid friendly meals, lots of seating, and since it is right by the water there are always ducks around to keep the kids entertained.

DisneyLandMomma
08-03-2007, 09:07 PM
for your two "princesses", you should try Ariel's Grotto in DCA. It's a character meal with the princesses. :)

BrerGnat
08-05-2007, 11:27 PM
I agree on the Princess meal at Ariel's if your DD's are into that.

I have 2 toddlers as well (3 and 17 months). They are boys, and we go to DL a LOT.

Some of our favorite CS places to eat are:

-Redd Rocket's Pizza Port in Tomorrowland--good food, good kids meal options (spaghetti & meatballs, a cheesy alfredo pasta, or cheese pizza, served with grapes or applesauce and a bag of baby carrots), INDOOR seating.

-River Belle Terrace-Frontierland/Adventureland--great portions, indoor/outdoor seating, good kids meals but the regular food is enjoyed by kids as well (mainly bbq and sandwiches)

-Rancho del Zocalo--good tacos here, but be careful...the meat is SPICY! Kids meal options are a bit limited, but if they will eat a bean burrito or tacos with chips, it's a nice place (well themed outdoor/covered seating)

-Hungry Bear Restaurant--for burgers and fries in DL---best bet, covered seating near the Rivers of America...lots to look at

In DCA:

-Taste Pilot's grill, hands down--great burgers, fries, onion rings, chicken sandwiches, ribs, salad, etc, with fixins bar. Plus, they offer a "toddler meal" here for $2.99 (small mac and cheese, applesauce, and milk, juice, or water, plus stickers). The toddler meal thing is new...I'm sure it is offered in select locations around DLR, so I'll keep my eyes open in case I see it offered elsewhere. In any event, it's just the right amount of food for my 3 year old and it's nice to not have to spend $6 on a kids meal for him when he won't eat the whole thing...

-Pacific Wharf area has some good food (Mexican is good, the "cafe" has soups and salads and stuff like fruit plates).

A hidden gem of CS is Whitewater Snacks, inside the Grand Californian Hotel. This place is DESERTED during the day, which makes it perfect for a lunch away from the park crowds. When all the other places have a huge line, you can go here for some respite. It is a gorgeous dining room and there are a LOT of good food options here! You can use the DCA hotel entrance since you will be staying at the DLH. The entrance is located near the Grizzly River Run attraction and it is VERY close to the Whitewater Snacks, so after you eat, you can head right back into the park.

As for sit down, we think Blue Bayou is great, but the service can be a bit slow (lingering, I guess, but it adds to the atmosphere). May not be the best choice for such young kids unless they are used to long-ish sit down meals. The main problem with this place is that tables are VERY close together and there's nowhere for the kids to go if they get restless. Plus, it's a bit dark in here, so it makes it difficult for kids to do stuff like color or activity books.

-We like these sit down restuarants:

-ESPN Zone (Downtown Disney, right outside the door of your hotel)
-Jazz Kitchen (best at dinner right around 5pm, good service and LOW crowds)
-Storyteller's Cafe (GCH), we like that there is a buffet as well as an a la carte option, both for breakfast and dinner. It's a character breakfast, but not a character dinner.
-Naples (Downtown Disney). Good italian food. Don't be put off by the high prices...the food is VERY good and the service for us has always been phenomenal!
-