PDA

View Full Version : Wildneress lodge transport

Dragongirlx
08-03-2007, 10:37 AM
My twin Sisiter and I are stayng at WL in September but have heard that the transportation isn't that good. Is this true?

BigRedDad
08-03-2007, 11:07 AM
Transportation is about the same at all resorts. Some waits are a little longer while others are a little shorter. You have a boat to MK and then buses everywhere else. I wouldn't be overly concerned.

Goofster
08-03-2007, 11:40 AM
We've had great experiences with the transportation at the WL. I believe in years past, there were some problems, but I think they have long been resolved. We always take the boat to MK and the busses back and forth to the other parks are quick and efficient.

You'll love the WL! Have fun! :number1:

What-r-ya, Goofy?
08-03-2007, 01:35 PM
The biggest problem with the bus transportation at the WL is that there is only one main bus stop. Unlike many of the moderate and value resorts where the crowd is dispersed among many bus stops, you may find a large crowd at the WL bus stop during peak times.

You can almost count on there being a crowd in the morning waiting for the bus to whichever park has extra magic hours that day. It can get a little pushy too, as there is no formal “line” to get into. It’s interesting to watch people jockey for position! Don’t be surprised if you don’t always get on the first bus, so plan your time accordingly.

Enjoy the WL, it’s a beautiful resort in a great location!:mickey:

whitesoxfan
08-03-2007, 02:33 PM
I just got back on Wednesday night and have to say I was very disappointed in the transportation to and from the different areas. It took us 45 minutes to get to the MK one day- we could have walked there faster. The worst wait of all is to DD. The bus goes to the Grand Floridian first and sometimes to Blizzard Beach before it even gets to the marketplace. It took us almost an hour to get to Disney Quest the two times we went. I have stayed at every moderate hotel and have never experienced such slow bus transportation- My family and I were extremely disappointed being that this is a deluxe resort. However, WL is a breathtaking hotel and we enjoyed our stay there (minus the transportation)- you cannot beat the balcony views over the pool and the atmosphere. Have a great time!!!

pook@wdw
08-04-2007, 06:52 PM
As you can see from my signature, we've stayed @ WL numerous times. I can't ever remember having major difficulties w/transportation. We've never waited more than 10 min for a bus, never had to wait for a 2nd bus due to overcrowding, and have always arrived at our destination in a reasonable amount of time. As always, we recommend that you leave early to get to your destination on time (if you have a deadline). but we always go to MK or CT by boat and hookup w/the monorail there if we're heading to Epcot. Just plan ahead a little, and you'll be fine!!:thumbsup:

wdw_bound
08-04-2007, 09:56 PM
The boat to MK is the way to go! I also enjoy the boat to CR and then the monorail to Epcot. Not sure if a bus would be faster - we just enjoy going that way so have never used the bus.

We may be in the minority, but we've never had to wait for a bus, nor has a bus we've been on been overly crowded. The only time it's ever been close was at the end of EMH one night, we didn't run to catch a departing bus that looked rather full. Instead we waited 7 or 8 minutes and shared a bus with 2 other familes straight back to WL.

Enjoy your trip - we LOVE the WL!

Dragongirlx
08-05-2007, 07:17 AM
Thanks guys this was really helpful :mickey: