PDA

View Full Version : Last Night Covered By Insurance?

Texas Tinkerbell Too
08-03-2007, 08:54 AM
I arranged for our stay at ASMu in Sept and I decided to buy the travel insurance. We originally paid for 8 days, but decided we wanted one more. The CM said she did not have the additional night at the ASMU for the free DDP. So, I decided we'd move up to the WL the last night there. She told me this night would not be covered by our travel insurance since it was a 1 night hotel reservation only. We also do not get the free dining for that night. How crazy is that? It's one trip, 9days instead of 8. I am going to be penalized for staying an extra day at a more expensive resort? Let me know your thoughts.

Jen C.
08-03-2007, 09:15 AM
It seems to me that because the extra night at your first resort is sold out under the free dining promo, you were forced to make just a one night reservation where available. One night room only reservations are not eligible for trip insurance through Disney. Also, you can't get the free dining on that added night, because as you are well aware the promo is over. So, even though it might not seem fair, it really does make perfect sense. Sadly they aren't looking at it as you are "adding an extra night to your package", but rather you are staying one night. I would consider dropping the Disney insurance all together, and maybe picking up insurance for the entire trip. A good website to check would be insuremytrip.com.
I'm questioning why the urgency for having insurance on your last night anyway. Will your flights still be covered?

KarenP
08-03-2007, 10:31 AM
Unfortunately, Disney does not offer insurance on room only reservations. However, the cancel policy is 6 days out.

The trip insurance is non-refundable.

MNNHFLTX
08-03-2007, 11:09 AM
Since you're going during prime hurricane season, I can understand why you would want the trip insurance for the entire stay. It is unfortunate that it will not cover your last night, but it is probably better to have the beginning of your trip insured rather than the end. That way if something comes up at the beginning of the trip you would still be able to cancel that last night without penalty.

snifflesmcg
08-03-2007, 11:18 AM
I know it's nice to stay in a better hotel but why don't you just add the extra day at the AS instead. That way you can have the insurance for the last day and you can have the dining too.

Texas Tinkerbell Too
08-03-2007, 02:11 PM
Yes, we would have liked to continue our stay at the AS, but they were sold out that night. I am not so concerned about missing the free DDP that last night. I most definitely wanted the insurance with it being hurricane season. I believe the insurance still covers my airfare roundtrip. So, I guess we would just be out the money for the room at the WL the last night. Were you saying I can still change the one night hotel up to 6 days prior to my arrival at the WL? I have already paid for this night on my credit card. Would they credit it back to me? This would be nice, especially if the weather does not cooperate.

NJRRK
08-03-2007, 03:55 PM
Yes, we would have liked to continue our stay at the AS, but they were sold out that night. I am not so concerned about missing the free DDP that last night. I most definitely wanted the insurance with it being hurricane season. I believe the insurance still covers my airfare roundtrip. So, I guess we would just be out the money for the room at the WL the last night. Were you saying I can still change the one night hotel up to 6 days prior to my arrival at the WL? I have already paid for this night on my credit card. Would they credit it back to me? This would be nice, especially if the weather does not cooperate.

Yes, as long as you cancel before six days prior to your stay you will be credited whatever you have charged deposit-wise to you room only reservation.