PDA

View Full Version : Where to stay?

EmmMOM2
08-02-2007, 09:19 PM
I will be going to Disney in November of 2008 to see the park decorated for christmas. I have stayed at CBR, POR, POLY and most recently AKL. I am going with my 2 children who will be 4 yrs and 18 months. Wondering if i should try any new resorts...i prefer them to be themed....or if we should stick to AKL since we liked this one best so far. Being able to see fireworks from a room balcony might be cool. Which hotels have this?

Any suggestions?

mouseaddict
08-02-2007, 09:46 PM
If you are going with a Christmas theme I would recommend the Wilderness Lodge. The tree in the lobby is gorgeous. We stayed at the Contemporary in the tower with a MK view last Christmas. It was nice to be able to see the park and the fireworks, but the hotel was not decorated as well as the others. Our friends were at the Wilderness Lodge and we absolutely loved it there.

CuteAsMinnie
08-02-2007, 09:50 PM
The themeing at Wilderness Lodge can't be beat and at Christmas, it's simply magical!

techgeek
08-02-2007, 10:06 PM
WL is great for small children. We have taken DD-18months and DD-3 and the boat ride to MK for them works great. I echo the comments that you cannot miss the extraordinary decorations. The spring inside the lobby got tons of attention from DD-3. Overall the best resort we have stayed in with our DDs.

BelleBeauty
08-02-2007, 10:58 PM
Wilderness Lodge to me seems amazing at Christmas. Just so rustic and "how Christmas should be" - whatever that means. It is very convenient to MK for the little ones. You can request a great view as well!