PDA

View Full Version : Pixie Dust - Friend's first trip ends in injury.....

daparish
08-02-2007, 05:51 PM
My friend went to Disney World for the first time last week and fell at MGM and broker her wrist. She had to have surgery today. It happened last Wed. and the EMT's told her they did not think it was broken because she could move her fingers so she stayed in the park until 11:30 that night because she did not want her nieces to miss anything. The next day she went to the hospital and found out it was broken and she would need surgery because a plate was needed. She said Disney could not have been any nicer to her. They provided transportation to and from the hospital (she stayed at Pop Century) and even got her prescriptions filled. They also offered to pay for her flight home if she wanted to have the surgery in Florida. She decided to continue with the vacation and drove home Saturday as planned with the rest of her family and had the surgery today. She will be in the hospital over night and will be able to go home tomorrow.

dolphinmickey9170
08-02-2007, 06:46 PM
I'm so sorry for your friend, here is some :pixie::pixie::pixie: hoping that all is well and a quick recovery!!

droopy d.
08-02-2007, 07:02 PM
Hope your frend has a quick recovery.

TIGGERSDOBOUNCE
08-02-2007, 08:56 PM
:mickey: I must be insane, :scratch: Disney insane that is, all I could think of while I was reading your story was...if I am going to break anything anywhere, it would be in WDW...

:wave: All joking aside I hope the injury did not spoil the first trip excitement...here is some :pixie: :pixie: :pixie: dust for your friend and here is a :balloon: for a good friend.

FUN FUN :tigger: FUN

vizsla
08-03-2007, 05:35 AM
:pixie: on the way for your friend.

Jeri Lynn
08-03-2007, 07:34 AM
Wow, your friend is a trooper!! Pixie dust to her for some fast happy healing!:mickey:

LauraF
08-03-2007, 09:05 AM
:hug: and :pixie: for your friend and quick and painless healing!
I'm glad to hear she was able to enjoy her vacation still.

crazypoohbear
08-03-2007, 10:21 AM
OUCH your poor friend.
She must have a high pain tolerance. My boy's do the oldest especially, he's broken things and only mentioned it to the doctor as an afterthought! :confused:
I'm glad that Disney took good care of your friend.
Pixie dust for a quick recovery

PAYROLL PRINCESS
08-03-2007, 11:18 PM
Your poor friend. What a good auntie she was to stay at the parks so that her nieces didn't miss anything. I hope she heals fast.