PDA

View Full Version : Bringing 7 month old to Disney 1st time

jake
08-02-2007, 04:04 PM
I am not treal thrilled about bringing my 7 month old to Disney. Can anybody provide some tips on bringing my 7 month old son. It might ease my anxiety. I am not sure what to expect. My wife will not leave the baby with anyone. We will also have my 7 & 9 year old sons.

Thanks,

dolphinmickey9170
08-02-2007, 04:35 PM
Hello, I hope I can ease your troubled mind. We brought our DGD 7months old in May. What a treat. She slept in the pack n play provided by the hotel. Each night I washed her bottles and then packed them with dry formula and cereal powder, took room temperature bottled water and could make a bottle on demand. Not premaking the fluids saved the necessity of keeping things refrigerated and the "room temp" water was actually warm enough becuase the weather was warm enough. We packed the small 4 oz bottles of juice that you can screw a nipple and cap onto with out breaking the seal, this way she could have juice when she was ready, again, not needing refrigeration. At our local grocery store, I bought a package of 20 disposable plastic baby spoons, which we actually used over and over and packed them in a ziploc bag with her plastic square boxes of baby food and a bib. This way, when it was time for food, you just grab the ziploc bag and everything you need is in it. We used the bottom of her stroller's basket to hold her bags. We bought on disney shopping, the three piece luggage set, the roller bag, duffel bag and little backpack. We stood 4 bottles in the backpack (you know the ones I said I only put the powders in) with the bottled water and the ziploc bag of food. Then in the duffel bag, we used as a diaper bag with diapers, a travel size baby wipe container (same size package as a folded diaper) I think huggies makes a good travel pack. Extra outfits, a blanket for the cool breezes we found in the evening. Using her own stroller was much better than the disney stroller, as her stroller was padded with fabric and the disney ones are hard plastic, not comfy for baby to sleep in. We kept her on the same schedule as much as possible. We rarely left in the afternoon for naps as she slept in her stroller. My DH is not a "ride" person, so he stayed with her while the rest of us would jump on a ride and then they would meet up with us at the exit of the ride. When she got tired, she just slept in her stroller. If she was fussy, we just held her for a bit and walked with her and once she fell asleep, she went back in her stroller and stayed there for her nap time. It really wasn't a bad trip at all. Remember to use sunblock on all areas not covered by clothing. Especially don't forget the tops of the ears and head. They burn too. We did find that shoes were not helpful for her either, so let them be as comfy as possible. Make sure you have the little swimmy diapers if you plan on the pool. Keara loved it! When it came to the buses, we just grabbed the two bags out of the bottom of the stroller, picked her up and folder the stroller while we waited for the bus. If there was no one needing the handicap seating area, my DH would sit there with the folded stroller. Worked great for us, even though we had our own car there, we still chose to use the disney transportation system. Much more convenient!

If you look at my profile, click the link to my pix. You will see our DGD in most of the pictures. Maybe seeing how things were for her, might make you feel better. We did a TS meal everyday, and they brought us a high chair for her and while we ordered appetizers and waited for our meal, she was being fed. This way, when our meal came, we could, for the most part, eat and enjoy. She even enjoyed a french fry or two or whatever else we might be having that she could hold in her hand.

It was a wonderful trip and I truly hope my thoughts help you out. If you have any specific questions I seem to have missed, just PM me. I'll be glad to help you in any way that I can.

Have a great trip!

emmatink
08-02-2007, 04:53 PM
We took our 8 month old to disney and it was no problem at all. You definitely must use the baby care centers though because they are a life saver. They are very clean and a great place to just relax and feed your child or make a quick diaper change. My daughter was afraid of the noisy public restrooms (the loud flushing toilets got her every time) so the baby care centers were a great quiet place to change her. They have high chairs and nursing booths too in case you need a quiet place to feed. I too bottle fed at that stage so I bought pre-measured packets of dry formula and mixed with room temp water for quick bottle prep. My daughter was very picky about the temp of her bottle though so we often stopped at a counter service and asked for a cup of hot water to warm her bottle in. We never left the parks for naps either because she just napped in her stroller or in the carrier we brought along if we were waiting in a long line for a ride. We went during Christmas-New Year's so we waited almost 3 hours for the safari ride at AK. The baby carrier came in very handy for that line because your arms don't get tired from holding your child and she slept. I wouldn't stress about the baby, your bigger challenge may be the two older children:) Hope all goes well.

Recap:
1. Baby Centers
2. Bring own stroller and baby carrier
3. Relax and enjoy trip

disneyjo-91
08-05-2007, 10:56 AM
When my dd was 9 months old we took her to her 1st trip to disney and it was our BEST TRIP EVER!! She was sooo cute and enjoyed the trip. (get this we also DROVE from CT with her!. ) We got some really great pics and it will be a trip me and my dh will never ever forget.

Dont forget there to visit the baby stations.. take breaks and most of all enjoy!

mickey&missy
08-05-2007, 12:29 PM
DS will be 9 months when we go in March. I really don't forsee any problems. I was planning on doing all the things dolphinmickey9170 said. I never heard a story about anyone who took a baby having a big problem. Remember WDW is for families!