PDA

View Full Version : Kristin Chenoweth

ImagiAsh
08-02-2007, 02:56 PM
Any fans out there? I don't have any recent news to share with you about her (other than the fact that she will be doing the voice of Rosetta in Tinkerbell), but I definitely think this woman needs more attention for her talent!! She is extraordinary in everything she does. From Broadway to film to television, she does it all. Her resume includes some of the following works in film and TV:

Annie (1999) -Lily St. Regis
Kristin (TV Series-2001) -Kristin Yancey
The Music Man (2003) -Marion Paroo
Bewitched (2005) -Maria Kelly
The Pink Panther (2006) -Cherie
RV (2006) -Mary Jo Gornicke
The West Wing (2004-2006) -Annabeth Schott
Sesame Street (2003-2006) -Ms. Noodle
Stranger Than Fiction (2006) - Book Channel Host
Running With Scissors (2006) -Fern Stewart
Deck the Halls (2006) -Tia Hall
Pushing Daisies (6 episodes: 2007) -Olive Snook

And she takes further credit for her Broadway roles as:

You're a Good Man Charlie Brown (1998-99)-Sally
Epic Proportions
Steel Pier
Wicked (2003-2004) -Galinda
The Apple Tree (2006-2007)

If you haven't heard of her, I encourage you to take a look! Go onto youtube and type in:
1) Kristin Chenoweth "If"
2) Kristin Chenoweth - The Girl in 14G
If you find the video of her singing on the old Rosie O'Donell show.. that was the best version IMO
3) Kristin Chenoweth - My New Philosophy

I know I sound like I'm promoting her (:laughing:), but I just can't believe a woman with SO much talent is really not that well known. Anyone else agree?

BriarRose0708
08-02-2007, 03:33 PM
I've loved her since her Charlie Brown days. She has so much talent it should be illegal. She also was on an episode of Ugly Betty, I think it was the finale.

tgmousechick
08-02-2007, 04:11 PM
I'm a fan! I loved her on the West Wing! Good to know she'll be doing new TV in the fall!

SBETigg
08-02-2007, 04:34 PM
I always thought she was pretty well known, but she does deserve more press. I would much rather see her splashed all over the press than say, Paris Hilton or Britney. She's a terrific actress and an amazing singer. Wasn't she also in Wicked on Broadway?

LaDracul
08-02-2007, 06:22 PM
I know she is supposed to be involved with "Rapunzel" at some point, though the only person I saw listed for that film is a Chicago-area improv performer named Kevin Linehan. (I wonder if he's any relation to Jim Linehan from Q101's Morning Fix show....)

Heck, I sat through "RV" and "Deck the Halls" because I'm a big fan of hers. :)

ImagiAsh
08-03-2007, 09:15 AM
Wasn't she also in Wicked on Broadway?

Yup! She was in the original Broadway cast playing Glinda.

Fantasmic
08-07-2007, 10:36 AM
She's Phenomonal, a voice that big just shouldn't come out of someone so tiny!

Love her! :number1:

ChipnDaleGal
08-10-2007, 05:26 AM
I love her too, What a little dynamo she is! I think her pairing with Idina Menzel is one of the best ever in a Broadway musical. They were magical together. :thumbsup:

NJBelle
08-23-2007, 12:43 PM
I agree, ChipnDaleGal! She was great as Galinda.

But isn't her voice just amazing? I felt so accomplished when I finally reached the highest note that she's able to sing. She is so cool! I listen to her albums 24/7

murphy1
08-24-2007, 12:01 PM
She was so great in Annie!!! I think there are too many actors who get more attention just b/c of their antics OFF camera.

citizensnoopy
08-25-2007, 10:19 PM
I really loved her in The Music Man --- she made a great Marian! :D

Disney Babe
08-27-2007, 04:55 AM
Did you know that she started out studying opera?

The first time I saw her was when she did a concert a few years ago with the Boston Pops that was shown on television. She sang a song called "If", which is really funny. I don't know what musical it is from, but she shoots her lover and then stands over him singing about how he made her do it! It's a fast paced song with intricate lyrics. The lyrics are all based on if he hadn't have done this or that, but he did. It's also funny what she does to the man playing the dead lover as she's singing the angry yet funny lyrics. I've also seen Liza Minnelli sing "If" but Kristin is much better. (Sorry Liza. I still love you.)