PDA

View Full Version : How should I "designate" my bags if my DME luggage tags don't make it here?

Disneyatic
08-02-2007, 02:44 PM
Because we have delayed in making our return flight booking, it looks like we might not receive our DME luggage tags in time. We were told that if this happens we can still use the service but will need to just give a description of our luggage so they can pick it up.
Ummm...our luggage is gray and looks like probably 50% of the other luggage out there!
So I have been thinking about what we could do to make it stand out and be easily recognizable. I was thinking about taking blue painter's tape and putting a design on both sides...maybe our initials or something?!?

Does anyone have any experience with this situation or suggestions about how to designate our luggage so that it's easy to recognize???
I appreciate the help!

faline
08-02-2007, 02:55 PM
I'm sure some such identifying markers might be helpful. Regardless of whether I use Magical Express or now, I usually tie some bright ribbon on the handles of our bags. Makes them easier to spot when they come off the carousel.

Goofster
08-02-2007, 03:11 PM
I'm sure some such identifying markers might be helpful. Regardless of whether I use Magical Express or now, I usually tie some bright ribbon on the handles of our bags. Makes them easier to spot when they come off the carousel.

We do the same.

LauraF
08-02-2007, 03:14 PM
I tend to use luggage tags that are very bright or odd colors/patterns to spot my luggage. I had some old ones that I put a bunch of stickers on the back of, which made it easy to spot. (I've had problems with the ribbons coming off, so I don't use them anymore.)

I'd be hesitant about using the tape, just in case it leaves residue behind, but perhaps painter's tape is better about that than some other tapes.

BelleBeauty
08-02-2007, 03:15 PM
I would honestly suggest just getting your own luggae and taking it to the DME bus with you. I wouldn't chance any other marker than that yellow tag!

I would still have hope, we booked a trip at the last minute last year (less than 2 weeks), and we were still able to get everything before we left.

jaff87
08-02-2007, 03:23 PM
Two years ago, my DH purchased a stencil at Home Depot of the first letter of our last name. He purchased flourescent green spray paint and spray painted the front of each piece of luggage with the stencil.

Worked like a charm and can be very easy to identify.

:joy:
WDW Trip:
Countdown is exactly 3 days.
Countdown is approximately 72 hours.
Countdown is approximately 4,320 minutes.
Countdown is approximately 259,200 seconds.

lindique
08-02-2007, 06:04 PM
I wouldn't chance it either - I too recommend getting your bags and taking them to the bus. It's really not a big deal to do.

CleveRocks
08-02-2007, 06:07 PM
I wouldn't chance it either - I too recommend getting your bags and taking them to the bus. It's really not a big deal to do.Since Day One, DME has had a procedure in place to handle bags that don't have DME tags. [I know this, because I myself did it on Day Four.] It might make you nervous, but it doesn't make them nervous at all - they've been doing it every day for over two years!!!

There's really nothing left up to chance; Disney has an excellent system in place, and I've never read a single post from someone who let Disney use this system (for untagged bags) and then regretted it. Like I said, they do it every day.

Everybody is free to feel however they want ... but it's not necessary to feel nervous about it, since, once again, it's something they do every single day, for about 820 days straight so far.

Personally, I wouldn't choose to give up one of the coolest perks of DME.

Figgyluv03
08-03-2007, 12:37 PM
On one of my high school trips to Atlanta, they used PomPoms in our school colors and put them on the handles of our suite cases. They were easily recognizable and not many people use that idea. They also did something like that with Mickey on it for our senior trip!

Donalds Duckie
08-04-2007, 11:16 AM
I may not have my DME tags before travel but I'm still going to use DME. I've read several posts through the months from folks who have successfully used DME luggage assistance without DME tags.

I received a surprise DME packet this week that was not ordered by me or by MJ. As always, MJ immediately got to the bottom of it and placed a REAL DME order for me.:thumbsup: This means that I very well may not have my DME packet/tags prior to departure. (another perk for using MJ...they handled this mystery, I didn't have to:cool:)

My luggage is bright pink with big white Hawaiian flowers so it will be easy enough to identify without DME tags. I think I'll bring a picture of the luggage for safe measure.

As always, I'll carry necessities in a small carry-on and leave the rest to DME!:mickey:

27 days from right now I'll be relaxing at WDW:cloud9: