PDA

View Full Version : Disney Visa Question

Dyanna
08-02-2007, 02:30 PM
I know I can redeem my points for purchases in the World of Disney store but can I also show them my Disney Visa card to get the 10% off purchases over $25 if I am not charging directly to the credit card?

Secondly...can I put all charges on my hotel key & then use my Visa rewards to make the final payment?

BMan62
08-02-2007, 02:53 PM
You only get the discount on purchases made on the card.

CuteAsMinnie
08-02-2007, 09:55 PM
Did you call Disney Visa to get your reward dollars but on a debt type card? This way you can use these $$$ anywhere in the world, including paying off your charges to your room.

AdventurerKim
08-03-2007, 10:14 AM
We use our reward dollars to pay for food and get the debit card right after the statement that comes the month before a trip. My dad puts his on the room as a credit the day he checks in; I don't think you can apply them to the room after the fact, but you'd have to ask Visa or at your hotel's front desk.

Mrs Grumpy
08-03-2007, 11:48 AM
When we were there last September all we had to do is show them the card to get the discount. We did not charge anything on it. We charged everything back to our room.

septembergirl
08-03-2007, 12:09 PM
I have been wondering the same thing!

Sweetpea29488
08-03-2007, 12:42 PM
In August/September of last year I was able to get the discount and not have to charge it to my card. I just had to show it to the clerk.

gauvin4
08-03-2007, 01:05 PM
In August/September of last year I was able to get the discount and not have to charge it to my card. I just had to show it to the clerk.

Same for me. I showed the clerk my card and paid cash for the merchandise.

ariel03
08-03-2007, 01:06 PM
You do NOT need to charge to the card to get the discount. All you need to do is show them the card and spend at least $25 to get the 10% discount. We love our disney credit card!:mickey:

disneydear
08-03-2007, 07:38 PM
When we went last December we charged everything to our room and then used our points (all 500 of them):mickey: to pay it off at the end of our trip:thumbsup:

AuntDJ
08-03-2007, 10:14 PM
I agree with other posters, no need to charge on the disney visa to get the discount.

In fact, last year, I was pulling my room key out to charge tothe room and the clerk saw my Disney visa...she said Is that a Disney Visa, if so you get a discount...so you don't have to charge on it.

If you have the disney rewards transferred to the credit card type thing, then you should be able to pay off your room charges.

have fun!
DJ