PDA

View Full Version : The Studios Resort Area

Disney_Barbie
08-02-2007, 12:55 PM
(am I the only pathetic one that ACTUALLY sits around thinking about stuff like this) Why is there no "Studios Resort Area" I mean, I understand that for the most part the "Epcot" resorts are euqalidistant to The Studios (some even closer) than Epcot itself, but still, I don't know why, but I've always found this odd.

I'd love to see a nice resort with a "back door" to MGM the way the epcot resorts have. Or a fun mode of transportation from park to resort, the way the MK resorts have the monorail. Even the Animal Kingdom get's it's own resort!

I often wonder why they never build a Deluxe resort (or a set of them) to go along with MGM. Ya'know a cool '40 Golden Hollywood era style hotel, or something. I understand space is pretty tight there with Blizzard Beach crammed next to MGM on the left and the Epcot resorts to the upper right, and POP/CBR to the lower right. But I often wonder why they never saved room in there for an MGM Resort Area? Or did they, is the "cramped" space I see on the not-to-scale map, not actually as 'cramped" as I imagine it? Could there be room for a Studios Resort Area, or am I just dreaming?

disneymom2000
08-05-2007, 06:43 PM
No - your not the only one. I always wondered why they didn't make the All Stars Movie part of an MGM resort hotel. And they could have styled a moderate or deluxe around the Tower of Terror theme with real ornate interior which would remind me of a Hollywood hotel.