PDA

View Full Version : DDP computer snafu!

yasmina
08-02-2007, 12:46 PM
OMG!

We just got back today, and left at least (I have to check our most recent reciepts) 14 CS, 12 TS, and 6 snacks on our cards. We ATE and ATE and ATE!

We definitely used the credits we deserved, but the computers weren't counting them correctly!

The first 2 mornings we paid OOP for breakfast (BTW, I did not care for the beignets - I know - HORROR! - but there was too much powdered sugar on them and they were tough - my teeth hurt!), in order to save the CS credits for lunch in the parks. Then when we saw that the credits weren't being counted, we started using them for breakfast as well as lunch. For some reason unbeknownst to us, our daughters were entitled to 2 drinks with their breakfasts. Except for those first 2 days, we didn't spend any money on food or non-alcoholic drinks.

We did hear someone on the train at MK talking about how the computer system was down when they checked in at POR, so maybe this affected the DDP credits as well? I don't know, but I know we ate REALLY well. We felt terrible leaving all those credits, but knowing it was a glitch in the system...there was nothing we could do. I wish we could have passed the credits on to someone else, but I know that wasn't possible.

If you are going soon, keep track of your credits. Maybe you'll have the same luck we did!

wendy*darling
08-02-2007, 12:56 PM
I'm glad to hear that you had a great time and ate well! It looks like the DDP fed your family well. :eat:

I wouldn't worry about "leaving all those credits" since, as you said- you did actually USE the credits you were entitled to. That was all you needed to do.

SBETigg
08-02-2007, 01:00 PM
Wow, that's unusual. But as long as you ate well and enjoyed your stay, no harm in leaving credits.

yasmina
08-02-2007, 01:20 PM
Wow, that's unusual. But as long as you ate well and enjoyed your stay, no harm in leaving credits.

I'm glad to hear that you had a great time and ate well! It looks like the DDP fed your family well. :eat:

I wouldn't worry about "leaving all those credits" since, as you said- you did actually USE the credits you were entitled to. That was all you needed to do.

You are both so right. My dh is frugal to say the least, so it really bugged him to leave those credits, even though we really did get out of the DDP what we deserved. He understands it too. It's a mental thing really. Feels like leaving the table w/o cleaning your plate, if you know what I mean?

Another analogy - feels like an all-you-can-eat buffet, where your eyes are bigger than your stomach. You know you've gotten your money's worth, but you hate to stop!

SBETigg
08-02-2007, 02:55 PM
I can definitely agree that it would be hard to stop if you still had credits to use. Too bad you can only eat so much in a day. What a relief that the glitch was in your favor and not the reverse.

I just find it so hard to believe you're back already! It seems like you were just planning. Time flies. I've got 17 days to go, and it will fly by for me, too. So hard to leave WDW!

LauraF
08-02-2007, 03:01 PM
I've been told that one needs to be very careful about checking the receipts after every meal. My father recently had a problem where he'd had two TS credits taken off instead of a CS meal. Errors happen, even with the best of intentions (those CMs are BUSY with the Free Dining right now). Disney of course made the correction as soon as it was pointed out. :mickey:

yasmina
08-02-2007, 03:46 PM
I can definitely agree that it would be hard to stop if you still had credits to use. Too bad you can only eat so much in a day. What a relief that the glitch was in your favor and not the reverse.

I just find it so hard to believe you're back already! It seems like you were just planning. Time flies. I've got 17 days to go, and it will fly by for me, too. So hard to leave WDW!

Thank you. It's so hard to believe we're home already!

I was very glad too that the glitch was in my favor. The opposite would have definitely caused a cloud of dismay over the trip - although nothing can ruin a trip to DISNEY!

Have a magical time on your trip! Hope you have as much fun as we did!

yasmina
08-02-2007, 03:51 PM
I've been told that one needs to be very careful about checking the receipts after every meal. My father recently had a problem where he'd had two TS credits taken off instead of a CS meal. Errors happen, even with the best of intentions (those CMs are BUSY with the Free Dining right now). Disney of course made the correction as soon as it was pointed out. :mickey:

You're absolutely right about checking the credits! We watched that like a hawk, and to our credit, we didn't take advantage (that I know of:mickey:) of the mistake.

To my knowledge - and please correct me if I am wrong - the free dining hasn't started yet. Isn't that from late Aug. through Sept.? I wish we COULD go during free dining, but since dh & I are both teachers, our schedules just don't permit it.

SBETigg
08-02-2007, 04:40 PM
To my knowledge - and please correct me if I am wrong - the free dining hasn't started yet. Isn't that from late Aug. through Sept.? I wish we COULD go during free dining, but since dh & I are both teachers, our schedules just don't permit it.

The free dining promotion doesn't start until almost the end of August. We'll miss out, too, as we start our trip before the free promotion. It starts Aug 26, I think. We're there from Aug 19-29. Kids in high school dictated our scheduling. They start right after Labor Day.

dolphinmickey9170
08-02-2007, 04:45 PM
In May, we ended up with an extra 3 credits after eating at LeCellier. We gave the card for the plan. I put the receipt in my pocket and didn't think anything of it until that night getting ready for bed. This is when I would check my records against theirs to be sure we were still on the same page. When I went to write down the amount of money we would have spent and check the TS # remaining, it was the same number as it was the previous TS use. Strange. Never did figure it out. But was truly thankful for the extra TS meal. Since LeCellier was so expensive it was like a luxury freebie:blush:.

hooberry
08-04-2007, 12:33 PM
I also had an experience with my dining credits being calculated wrong but it was not in my favor:mad: we had eaten in Japan with another couple and we all we using the dining plan. well the server took all 4 credits from our card instead of only 2 from us. I didn't notice on the receipt, so the next day when we ate in Coral Reef the waitress comes back to say there were no credits on our card I was floored:confused: She went back an was able to tell us where every credit was used on our trip and thats how we figured out that we were charged for the other couples meal:mad: I had to pay the entire bill at Coral Reef (not cheep) OOP and they were going to have an extra meal on us:mad:, Now I ALWAYS inspect my receipt to make sure my credits are deducted correctly. Of course I complained about Japan charging me wrong but was told there was nothing they could do.:(

Here we go again...
08-04-2007, 11:59 PM
In May, we ended up with an extra 3 credits after eating at LeCellier. We gave the card for the plan. I put the receipt in my pocket and didn't think anything of it until that night getting ready for bed. This is when I would check my records against theirs to be sure we were still on the same page. When I went to write down the amount of money we would have spent and check the TS # remaining, it was the same number as it was the previous TS use. Strange. Never did figure it out. But was truly thankful for the extra TS meal. Since LeCellier was so expensive it was like a luxury freebie:blush:.

The same thing happened to a friend of mine... then she got her bill and realized that they charged the meal to her room instead of using the credits. Problem was that she did not notice until she was on the way home looking over the bill. I do not know how that turned out... I will have to check with her.

chick20679
08-05-2007, 07:43 AM
Disney obviously needs to resolve the glitches in the system. Some people get shorted credits and some get more than they are entitled to. Worked out great for you folks though. Glad you had a great time. :mickey:
It's too bad that as a society we're quick to point out when we're getting shorted, but not so quick to point things out when we wind up benefiting from a mess-up.

Tinkerfreak
08-05-2007, 08:01 AM
The same thing happened to a friend of mine... then she got her bill and realized that they charged the meal to her room instead of using the credits. Problem was that she did not notice until she was on the way home looking over the bill. I do not know how that turned out... I will have to check with her.

I was just going to say the same thing. They probably charged your cc instead of using dining credits. This happened to us a couple of times on our trip before last and I did not notice it until check-out. This past trip I really looked at my receipts and checked my remaining credits and was able to catch this problem before leaving the restaurant. I always make sure they know from the start that we are one the dining plan.