PDA

View Full Version : The Zen of Disney: Day Six

TooGoofy
08-02-2007, 10:32 AM
Cast: Meg: 43: trip planner and tour guide; 6th trip to the world
Dave: 51: general all around great guy: 6th trip to the world

Our day began with our usual morning routine…woke up, ate a little breakfast, slathered on the sunscreen and headed for the parks. Animal Kingdom was the park du jour, thanks to the Extra Magic Hour there.

When we hit the park, we headed straight to Expedition Everest. There was no single rider line set up yet, so we grabbed two FastPasses (both for me!) and then headed to Africa. We got in line to ride the Safari, since we were going to be doing the Sunrise Safari later in the vacation. We wanted to see the differences and hear the new story.

The Safari was awesome! We saw lots of animals, including the baby elephant and the baby giraffe. The baby elephant was down next to the water, eating some browse. In fact, he (or she) was posed so perfectly that Dave almost thought that they had added animatronics to the ride! After the ride, we walked the Pangani Forest Trail, which is one of our favorite things to do in AK.

We headed back to Asia, and I dropped Dave off at the Upcountry Landing, right across from Flights of Wonder. I rode EE twice, then I went back to meet up with Dave. We both got some water, and then we went to see the Flights of Wonder Show. I love this show! Our “Guano Joe” was really funny and very in to character!

After that, we headed back to Africa and had lunch at Tusker House, pretty much our favorite meal in any park. How sad that this will not be available any more. During lunch, I started to develop a migraine, and Dave’s back started hurting. Not good. Still, we pressed on, and took the train out to Conservation Station.

While there, I went out to Affection Section (what can I say...I’m a sucker for animals!) I was talking to a CM about a pygmy goat and another woman was next to me consulting her Times Guide. A larger goat nonchalantly wandered over and gently lipped the Times Guide out of her hand. He then promptly trotted away with the guide, much like our dog Pippin when he has gotten hold of something that he is not supposed to have. The CM took off after the goat, yelling, “Hey! Give that back! The goat ignored her. It was really very funny.

But by then I was hot, my head hurt a lot and Dave wasn’t feeling well either. :ill:

So we headed back to the hotel. I took some of my migraine medicine, Dave had some Tylenol and we showered and napped.

When we woke, we both we still feeling pretty beat, so we decided to stay around CSR that evening. We relaxed, browsed the gift shop, had a little bit to eat and then went to sleep early. We wanted to be well rested for Epcot’s EMH the next morning.

Up next: Epcot! And more Epcot!

SBETigg
08-02-2007, 10:35 AM
Sounds like a great AK morning, but then ooh, sorry about the migraine.

Beach Club Babe
08-02-2007, 11:49 AM
Sounds like a nice morning at the AK! Too bad you both weren't feeling so well later!

dolphinmickey9170
08-02-2007, 11:55 AM
I understand about the migraine, sorry it stopped your day. Hope you are feeling better.

Thanks for sharing.

Lizzie
08-02-2007, 03:37 PM
Sounds like you saw a lot before you had to leave. Hope you all were feeling better for the rest of your trip.

Bethis26fan
08-02-2007, 05:53 PM
Thanks for sharing.

January-2007
08-02-2007, 06:14 PM
That's too funny about the Times Guide... Thanks for the trip report.

gauvin4
08-03-2007, 08:00 AM
Sorry you both were not feeling the best.:( Glad to hear you enjoyed at least part of your day!

pdrlkr
08-03-2007, 10:30 AM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

Bethanymouse
08-03-2007, 07:50 PM
It sounds like you are having a great trip. Thanks so much for sharing, I cant wait to read more!:mickey:

iheartmickey
08-03-2007, 10:46 PM
Thank you for sharing! :thumbsup:

faline
08-06-2007, 05:56 AM
Hopefully your quiet evening will have you all ready for more park time!

KylesMom
08-06-2007, 03:30 PM
When we woke, we both we still feeling pretty beat, so we decided to stay around CSR that evening. We relaxed, browsed the gift shop, had a little bit to eat and then went to sleep early. We wanted to be well rested for Epcot’s EMH the next morning.

Isn't it nice with your extended stay that you are able to take breaks like this when you need to? Hopefully you're both feeling better for Epcot tomorrow!

I'm really enjoying your reports - thanks for sharing your days with us! :mickey:

ElenitaB
08-07-2007, 11:42 PM
I'm sorry you were feeling poorly, but it lead you to what I consider to be a Zen moment. There's nothing like slowing down to take a rest while at one of the most wonderful places around. Glad that you and Dave had an evening together (even if it was weathering a migraine), in each other's company, knowing that the next day you'd be returning to a park.

DizNee143
08-08-2007, 12:51 PM
sounds like you guys had a nice day at Animal Kingdom!! sorry it had to kidna end with the both of you not feeling all that grand...hopefully you guys are better for tomorrow!! :mickey:

BronxTigger
08-09-2007, 08:43 PM
I hate migraines. They can really be a bummer.

I had a goat do that to my times guide last August. I found out that goat's name is Jake. It's probably the same goat; the cast member said he does that all the time. It's funny, I tried to chase him down too, but they eat really fast!