PDA

View Full Version : Has this been discussed?

luvdiznee
08-01-2007, 08:14 PM
I read that in order to get full discounts such as during "value season" that you will have to be staying ALL your nights during the season? Otherwise you get charged per whatever season that night falls in? :confused:Anybody?

CuteAsMinnie
08-01-2007, 08:16 PM
Yep, that seems logical to me.

IloveDisney71
08-01-2007, 08:50 PM
I recently read on another website, that the previous practice at Disney was that whatever price your trip started under would be that price for every night of your entire trip, but that they were going to begin a new policy. The new policy is that you would be charged by the whatever season your trip falls under. For example, if the first 2 nights of your trip fall under the value season and the other nights fall under a different season...then only the first 2 nights would qualify for the value season prices. I do not remember when this policy takes effect, but I THINK it may be for the 2008 season. I'm sorry I don't remember the exact details.

LauraF
08-01-2007, 09:21 PM
Nothing has been confirmed yet for 2008(that I've heard), but yes, Disney is supposed to start the practice of most hotels - charging by the night of your stay AND by the season. Weekends will probably be more expensive and weeknights less. We'll see when the rates come out. :thumbsup:

Donalds Duckie
08-01-2007, 11:07 PM
Who knows what Disney will come up with for 2008 price increases. I, too, am expecting an over all price increase plus increases to weekend and holidays, which would result in a "pay by the day" policy. I won't be surprised if they change season dates again as well.

Yep, I'm very curious to see what 2008 rates and packages look like.

BigRedDad
08-02-2007, 07:11 AM
It was announced by Disney a few weeks back that room rates are going to be by each night. You could pay a different rate each night of your stay. So, you will pay less on Sun - Thurs, more Fri & Sat. If any of those days fall into a "premium" time, you will pay more for that night.

CleveRocks
08-02-2007, 07:23 AM
But keep in mind that this can also be good news. If you book a 10 day trip that starts on the last day of "regular" season and extends 9 days into Value season, then this change is to your advantage.

In terms of charging more for weekends and holidays, WDW is just getting in line with the rest of the hotel industry. Here is Atlantic City, weekends and holidays have ALWAYS beem more expensive. But in mostly-business destinations, weekends are cheaper because there is less demand for them.

luvdiznee
08-02-2007, 08:59 AM
I may be doing room only w/no DP from 2008 on...:mickey:

Brownie54
08-02-2007, 11:09 AM
We are arriving this Saturday night for an eight night visit. The value season starts after our first night(Sunday). I was surprised to see we were billed at the higher price for all eight nights! However, since we are using Magical Journeys, Terrisue made split reservations. One for the first night at the higher price and another for the remaining seven nights at the "value" price. This involves me having to go back to re-register on Sunday morning, but well worth the dollars saved. The new policy should mean that the "split reservations" won't be needed in the future.

As a side note, when Disney announced the room discounts, Terrisue got us even cheaper prices for our seven nights:thumbsup:. Then she found a discount for our first night!:number1: Got to love Magical Journeys!