PDA

View Full Version : Magical Express Question.

caryrae
08-01-2007, 07:48 PM
I was wondering about how it works when Magical Express drops people off at there resorts. Is there many buses that go to a few resorts each or a few busses that go to many resorts each? Are there certain busses that go to certain resorts? How many stops can Magical Express make on one trip from airport to resorts? I know it kinda depends on who is going where.

SBETigg
08-01-2007, 08:20 PM
On my last trip, our DME bus served WL, Contemporary, and the Polynesian with Poly being the last stop. Our return bus served the GF and Poly only, with Poly being the first pick-up. I've heard lately of quite a few buses serving only one resort. I'm not sure if it has changed, or if it all depends on time of day, flights coming in, convenience of routes, etc.

angedeaile
08-01-2007, 08:58 PM
Ours served POR and POFQ. I can understand why. There were only 9 of us on the whole bus!

When we went, they had different lines for resorts and some were grouped together based on location. I assume they grouped POFQ and POR together since they are sister resorts and right next to each other.

All the resorts SBETigg mentioned are MK resorts near one another. So I assume that is why they were together.

From your signature, it looks like you are staying at Key West. KW is a DVC near DTD, so I would assume that you will share a bus with Saratoga Springs....and possibly another DTD resort....but that is a guess :blush:

CleveRocks
08-01-2007, 09:13 PM
I was wondering about how it works when Magical Express drops people off at there resorts. Is there many buses that go to a few resorts each or a few busses that go to many resorts each? Are there certain busses that go to certain resorts? How many stops can Magical Express make on one trip from airport to resorts? I know it kinda depends on who is going where.DME buses can stop at up to 4 resorts. Four is kinda rare, 3 is pretty common.

There are no pre-set routes, and no pre-set groupings of resorts. Geography is a very large factor, but not the only factor. Since reservations are required, they know about how many guests are going to which resorts at about what times. So it's a dynamic situation that varies by demand.

There's no way to know in advance what other resorts will be on your DME bus or what number drop-off your resort will be.

HAVE FUN!

Donalds Duckie
08-01-2007, 10:53 PM
Thanks for this post CaryRae.:mickey: I jumped on here tonight to see if anyone has taken DME to the Contemporary.

I'm staying at CR for the first time in just 30 days!:cool: I land at MCO at 10:50 a.m., Friday Aug. 31. Does anyone know what time I might expect to arrive at CR? I would like to make an ADR for lunch.

I'm taking necessities in a small carry-on so luggage won't be an issue. I'll get off my plane and head straight to DME.

Thanks in advance!

CleveRocks
08-02-2007, 07:15 AM
Thanks for this post CaryRae.:mickey: I jumped on here tonight to see if anyone has taken DME to the Contemporary.

I'm staying at CR for the first time in just 30 days!:cool: I land at MCO at 10:50 a.m., Friday Aug. 31. Does anyone know what time I might expect to arrive at CR? I would like to make an ADR for lunch.

I'm taking necessities in a small carry-on so luggage won't be an issue. I'll get off my plane and head straight to DME.

Thanks in advance!The reported average time from deplaning to resort drop-off is 70 minutes. I've never seen figures for soecific resorts because, as I posted earlier, it's not like there are specific routes or a specific order of drop-offs.

Depending on your personality type, it might be best to NOT make a lunch ADR. If you are the type who streses over rushing, then avoid the ADR. You won't be able to control if your flight is late, if you have any DME delay, if there's an extra long line to check-in at the CR front desk, etc.

Donalds Duckie
08-02-2007, 07:39 AM
Thanks CleveRocks:mickey:

Nope, I don't stress out over rushing. Rushes are my life as a legal assistant, lol. However, I am going to follow-your suggestion and make no ADRs my first day.:thumbsup: I don't want to make an ADR that I likely might have to call and cancel last-minute.

I plan to take full advantage of DME perks and carry-on essentials so I won't have to deal with my luggage and baggage claim. This trip will be to relax and pamper as much as to enjoy the parks. I'll make ADRs and spa treatments Sat-Mon. of my trip.:cloud9:

Thanks again, CleveRocks!

Donalds Duckie
08-02-2007, 08:13 PM
I'm so excited! I got home tonight to find my DME packet in my mailbox! WooHoo! I'm going to DisneyWorld. I'm flying a participating airline so I won't have to worry about my bags at all this trip!

And, I was even happier when I saw that my ticket to Pirate & Princess Party arrived today as well.

Just 29 days to go. :mickey:

Piglet822
08-03-2007, 03:21 AM
DME buses can stop at up to 4 resorts. Four is kinda rare, 3 is pretty common.

There are no pre-set routes, and no pre-set groupings of resorts. Geography is a very large factor, but not the only factor.

Depending on how busy it is the bus can make as many as 4 stops (this is fairly common, actually. Especially when it's busy).

WDW is broken up into 4 geographic areas, MK, DD, EP, and AK. Chances are the resorts you stop at will be located in the same geographic area as the one you are staying at. If for some reason resorts from different areas are put on the same bus, the bus should not make more than 3 stops.

Typically from the time you leave the airport to the time you arrive at your resort should be no more than 45 minutes to an hour.

SBETigg
08-03-2007, 09:08 AM
Thanks in advance!

It took us about ten minutes from landing to get to the ME desk and check in. We were able to board right away, but we were on the bus for about another ten minutes before leaving. Our bus stopped in order of 1) WL 2) CR 3) Poly. The driver told us the ride would be fifty-eight minutes from airport to Poly and he was right. So it was less to the CR but I would count on about 75 minutes from landing to CR and then check in... I think a 1 pm or later lunch ADR is safe, depending on where.

Donalds Duckie
08-04-2007, 11:29 AM
It took us about ten minutes from landing to get to the ME desk and check in. We were able to board right away, but we were on the bus for about another ten minutes before leaving. Our bus stopped in order of 1) WL 2) CR 3) Poly. The driver told us the ride would be fifty-eight minutes from airport to Poly and he was right. So it was less to the CR but I would count on about 75 minutes from landing to CR and then check in... I think a 1 pm or later lunch ADR is safe, depending on where.

Thank you very much! I think I'll see if I can get a 2 p.m. seating at Concourse Steakhouse or Kona Cafe. Either would be quick and easy access. I always arrive so hungry after leaving the house at 3:45 a.m. for Disney trips.

dinahvixen
08-06-2007, 12:32 AM
Just contributing here since I am awake, STILL. Two years ago we took the DME and it was four stops, all the All Stars and Pop. Pop was first. It seemed a lot quicker ride than it really was b/c of the video that played on the bus - a great diversion!

Piglet822
08-06-2007, 01:23 PM
Here's a list of WDW resorts and which geographic area Disney has allocated them to be in. It might help when planning ADR's and such.

DD Loop

Saratoga Springs
Old Key West
Port Orleans French Quarter
Port Oreans Riverside
Fort Wilderness Campground

Epcot Loop

Yacht Club
Beach Club
Boardwalk
Caribbean Beach Resort
*Swan/Dolphin (only on DCL sail days coming from the airport to the resorts)

MK Loop

Contemporary
Wilderness Lodge
Polynesian
Grand Floridian

Animal Kingdom Loop

Pop Century
Animal Kingdom Lodge
Coronado Springs
All Star Sports
All Star Music
All Star Movies

I think I got 'em all, let me now if I missed a resort :blush:
Disney has stated that there will be no more than 4 stops per bus as long as all the stops are considered to be in the same loop. AK, DD, MK, EP, for example.
If resorts from different loops are put on the same bus then that bus is to make no more than 3 stops.
If y'all have any questions about the buses, routes, etc, just let me know. I'm a DME driver so I have first hand experience with that end of it :)