PDA

View Full Version : I went to doorway to dreams!!!

celebrationasheley
08-01-2007, 06:40 PM
In illinois I am one of those who got to preview the new animal kingdom lodge dvc rooms. We got special mickey ears, light up pins, button, and a big clip. How exciting! Anyone else there?

KCMom
08-01-2007, 06:43 PM
The kids and I stopped by the Doorway to Dreams store at Woodfield Mall today. It says they don't officially open until the 4th, I think, but they seemed happy to see us and let us see the models with no problem. They were having some special member only previews these next 3 days, but I never called for ressies. They asked if I was a member but did not ask to see my card. So...I thought they were gorgeous. I really liked them. I like the addition of an extra bathroom in the one bedroom and the fact that it sleeps 5. I thought they were very well done. What did everyone else think?

DizneyFreak2002
08-01-2007, 06:56 PM
I saw the build models in person while taking the DVC tour in May.... The rooms are unbelievable... I love them....

Disney Maniac
08-01-2007, 07:40 PM
!!!My 200th Post!!!

You are so lucky!! I went to the mall in Schaumburg, IL and it was not open yet. Is the mall you went to??? Congratulations on your gifts!!!:mickey:

Horizon93
08-01-2007, 09:03 PM
Congrats on your 200th!

Are they planning on opening more of these across the country?

Maleficent's Dad
08-02-2007, 08:24 AM
How cool - I wish my mall would open one of these centers! :unsure:

Congrats on post 200! :mickey:

celebrationasheley
08-02-2007, 03:56 PM
This is a "testing" location. They didn't say how many others there will be or where.
The rooms were ok, not as much space as OKW! :)

celebrationasheley
08-04-2007, 12:44 AM
Saw some listed, check out what I got for free! :)

kris10399
08-04-2007, 08:01 AM
We just went yesterday. It was a really nice presentation and it flowed really well. Needless to say, we are considering more pts. :blush:

Today they are having their Grand Opening for everyone with all of the characters. We had Goofy, Pluto, Donald and Chip and Dale. There are supposed to be 13 characters there from 11am-6pm.

The guide we spoke with yesterday is a fellow intercotee and actually lives about 6 miles from me! What a surprise to have gotten to talk with her!

I thought the incentives were really good while some folks on other boards were disappointed even though people had posted since Wednesday what the incentives were.

I heard too that the DVC president was in town too and was to be there today.

I'd go again. And despite what some posters on other sites have said, I didn't find Dee VeeCee to be annoying.

Goofy Dad 13
08-05-2007, 01:46 PM
We went yesterday as well. It was kind of fun to see all the people wearing mickey ears in the mall.

Thought the rooms were great, as ones who love AKL (but have been moved for our upcoming trip) it made me miss the rsort. I would love to buy into it, unfortunately I am but one vote and I need a mojority to but into DVC.

Horizon93
08-05-2007, 03:41 PM
I would love to buy into it, unfortunately I am but one vote and I need a mojority to but into DVC.
I was one lone vote for several years, but once DW took the tour and saw the AKV rooms, she was in and here we are!

I will be interested to see if they decide to open other locations around the country.

Lucille
08-05-2007, 04:04 PM
What are the incentives?

KCMom
08-05-2007, 06:56 PM
What are the incentives? I didn't ask because I can't buy more points right now, but now I wish I had asked. We just buzzed in and buzzed out. Our only objective was to see the models, and thats what we did. Our guide was so nice, but didn't mention any incentives and incentives didn't even cross my mind. The models really put us in the Disney mood. My kids had to be reminded that we were in the mall.

I did like the models, but I think I'll still book our next trip at OKW. I really like the extra space.

sillyolbear
08-13-2007, 09:22 AM
We were in Schaumburg last week and made time to stop by and see the Doorway to Dreams. Very well done and staffed by wonderful cast members.

They were offering a $10 credit and bonus points to be used in the next 12 months as incentives for add-ons.

figment
08-15-2007, 11:07 AM
is there a site that gives directions to these locations? we'll be heading into chi-town labor day weekend... but i'm not sure i know where to go.

thanks in advance.

sillyolbear
08-15-2007, 07:10 PM
Google Woodfield Mall Schaumburg and I'm fairly certain they have directions. Woodfield is a pretty big draw for as it is huge.

Once at the mall, the Doorway to Dreams is upstairs next to Nordstroms.