PDA

View Full Version : POR In a little over 2 weeks...

AtoZgirl
08-01-2007, 04:34 PM
Hello my fellow Disney LOVES :mickey: Going back to Disney World in a few weeks. The only places we HAVEN'T stayed at is the WL, POP and POR. Last August we stayed at the POFQ for the first time and loved it. This time we're staying at POR. I know POR is kind of the same as POFQ but I've heard many conflicting ideas on where is the best building to stay at. We usually never pre-request our room before we are there... we just wait till we check-in and 90% of the time they've given us what we request at the time of check-in so hopefully since we'll be there late August it won't be too crowed and we'll get a great room at POR. Please... let me know what building you stayed at and what you were close to (pool, buses, DTD boat, etc). I've written down about 5 different buildings (mansion and alligator) and I'm done trying to figure it out from there :confused: I know you all will be of great help and will clear some confusions I have. THANK you in advance and also, where is the hot tub????:thumbsup:

disney_mommy
08-01-2007, 05:05 PM
Our favorite building is Magnolia Terrace. There are a few good buildings just across the bridge from the main lobby that are nice and quiet. We have stayed in Alligator Bayou, and while nice, it was much more kitchy and quaint than the Plantation style rooms.

courtney2006
08-01-2007, 05:18 PM
We will be there the same time as you and are also hoping for a good building. I've heard good things about alligator bayou building 14, but since I've never been there before I can't tell you for sure. Good luck!

sainter
08-02-2007, 01:07 PM
The main pool is across a bridge (on an island)from the main building which houses the food court, restaurant, and the boats are just between main building and the island. There is also a bus stop just outside the main building. So, looking at a map you can see which buildings are nearest the main building or the bridge to the island.
The hot tub is next to the main pool, only steps from it.

#1donaldfan
08-02-2007, 01:56 PM
We've stayed at POR 4 years straight, I guess because we love it so much.......Building 18, 3 years in a row, this year was Building 14. 18 is just beside the quite pool and within a 1/2 minute walk to the food court and busses. 14 is just accross from 18, not beside the pool, but very close, and to the busses even closer. I suppose we like it so much as it's the laid back, shaded, never too busy place to relax, of course when not in the parks. If you smoke, when we were there, the smoking areas were at the quiet pool and one just down the sidewalk from 18 facing the water and mill. Have fun, your very lucky.....been back to work now for close to a month......

Kairi_7378
08-02-2007, 06:31 PM
We stayed in Building 27. It is next to Building 18, which the Unofficial Guide said was the best building in POR. Building 27 was nice because it was VERY close to the pool, main bus stop, and main building.
I think the hot tub is next to the main pool.
You will have to tell us how POR "measures up" to the other resprts for you and your family. I was pleasantly surprised by POR when we were there in March.

AtoZgirl
08-02-2007, 08:28 PM
You all are great... thanks for all the help. I will definitely let you know how it goes.