PDA

View Full Version : room for slides?

DNS
08-01-2007, 03:21 PM
We just got a new motor home and it has a slide on each side. Our previous one had no slides. I've always noticed that the spaces seem to not be quite big enough to fit slides in comfortably. Anyone have any problems with this at Disney? I know their campground was built long before slides became a part of many motor homes.

ibrowse17
08-01-2007, 07:14 PM
I do not think you will have any problems with the width of the sites at FW. I have seen huge RV's with slides all over at FW.:thumbsup:

tys_mommy
08-02-2007, 08:29 AM
When I made our reservation the guy on the phone asked if we had a slide and it's noted on our confirmation that we are requesting a site to accommodate a slide, so I'm thinking some sites might be wider than others.

tungpo1
08-02-2007, 10:42 AM
I've seen huge triple and quad slides, no problem I always bring a pair of small pruners and clip the ends of branches that hit the coach ( of course a tiny bit)!!:secret:

mickey98
08-05-2007, 08:25 AM
Make sure that you inform the central reservations of the size of your rig, the number of slides and that it has an awning. make sure you call the F.W. front desk 7 days BEFORE you arrive to confirm the same information you gave central reservations. For the past several years we have had problems being put into a campsite that our motorhome would not fit into due to our slides and our awning. Each year we have had to move at least 2-3 times to get the right campsite. Either we could not put the slide out or we could not put the awning out. Also F.W. uses a numbering system for campsite parking difficulty. Discuss this with the F.W. front desk when you call. Trust me trying to park a motorhome into a campsite that is on the bend is NO fun.

DNS
08-06-2007, 11:22 AM
Thanks for all the great tips! We are so excited as this will be our first trip in our new motor home and I'm hoping to not have problems when we get there. :drive: