PDA

View Full Version : Clarification on Wolfgangs, Please?

Texas Tinkerbell Too
08-01-2007, 11:26 AM
I need a bit of clarification. Wolfgang Express is a counterservice? and Wolfgang Caf'e is a tableservice?The Disney Reservationist was confusing me. She said Wolfgang only has table service at the caf'e. I kept inquiring about the counterservice and asked her about the other floors. She said they did not have counterservice for dining plan.:confused: Does anyone know if they have counterservice for DDP?

Figment!
08-01-2007, 12:17 PM
Check out the INTERCOT Downtown Disney (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/../infocentral/dining/diningguide/downtown.asp) Dining Guide and see if that clears up the confusion.

The two "Wolfgang" counter service locations are Wolfgang Puck Express (Marketplace) and Wolfgang Puck Cafe Express (Westside). The latter is attached to the Wolfgang Puck Cafe itself.

The Dining Plan Restaurants List (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/../infocentral/dining/mywdiningplan.asp)only identifies " Wolfgang Puck Express" as participating.

Per the reservationist's comments this could mean that the Wolfgang Puck Cafe Express does indeed not participate, but the Wolfgang Puck Express does.

Hopefully another INTERCOTee can confirm or deny.

Texas Tinkerbell Too
08-01-2007, 12:28 PM
Wow! Thanks for the clarification Figment!
Do you happen to know if the counterservice at the marketplace has a child's menu? I did not see one on the Intercot menu.
Do you think the counterservice is good? I already have ressie for tableservice at the cafe. However, if I do not need to use my TS then I'd like to save it.

BrerStitch
08-01-2007, 12:35 PM
I can't answer the question about a child's menu. But the counter service was definitely worth it. In fact, the husband and I found that we could have split one flatbread pizza instead of each of using a counter service credit! We really loved it.
Hope that helps a bit.:mickey:

TexasPrincessAurora
08-01-2007, 12:35 PM
The counterservice place doesn't have a child's menu per say...they have selections off the regular menu that are available with the child's DDP. If memory serves it was any of the pizzas, mac and cheese, perhaps some other pastas, plus several other selections, maybe chicken strips and such. They had a number of selections available to kids.

The food and service at the Express is wonderful!!! Everything I've had here is fantastic. They are great about bringing it to your table once your order is ready and about coming around and providing drink refills during your meal. The pizzas are great, the salads are amazing. Their creme brulee is delicious. DH is hooked on their Butternut Squash Soup.

In short it is a GREAT place to use your CS credits from the dining plan!

Hammer
08-01-2007, 01:06 PM
Check out the INTERCOT Downtown Disney (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/../infocentral/dining/diningguide/downtown.asp) Dining Guide and see if that clears up the confusion.

The two "Wolfgang" counter service locations are Wolfgang Puck Express (Marketplace) and Wolfgang Puck Cafe Express (Westside). The latter is attached to the Wolfgang Puck Cafe itself.

The Dining Plan Restaurants List (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/../infocentral/dining/mywdiningplan.asp)only identifies " Wolfgang Puck Express" as participating.

Per the reservationist's comments this could mean that the Wolfgang Puck Cafe Express does indeed not participate, but the Wolfgang Puck Express does.

Hopefully another INTERCOTee can confirm or deny.

Jason is correct. I know this from firsthand experience by going to the Express at the West Side first last year. There is an express attached to the restaurant at the West Side, but it is a cafe express and is not on the Dining Plan. The Wolfgang Puck Express in the Marketplace is on the Dining Plan (and is really a good use of a counter service :tasty:).

Can't help with the Child's menu question (no kids).

angedeaile
08-01-2007, 03:16 PM
I want to say that they did, but it didn't have alot. Something like the typical chicken nuggets.

All I remember is telling my DLB (9), who was eating off of kids menus on that trip, to pick something. He didn't like his options, since that was all he ate for the past 4 days.

What he really wanted a grilled cheese sandwich and tomato soup, which they didn't have. Instead, we got him a quesadilla and butternut squash soup. He loved it! I was surprised he was even willing to try it. We got some great photos out of it!

SO if memory serves me correct, there was a kids menu, but had the typical kid options you see everywhere at DW

Texas Tinkerbell Too
08-01-2007, 03:30 PM
Is the Wolfgang Express at the Marketplace open for counterservice lunch only? or can we do a counterservice dinner here? Sounds like this would be better use of my credits than the cafe. Thanks for all of you help.:D

Figment!
08-01-2007, 05:40 PM
Is the Wolfgang Express at the Marketplace open for counterservice lunch only? or can we do a counterservice dinner here? Sounds like this would be better use of my credits than the cafe. Thanks for all of you help.:D

From INTERCOT Downtown Disney (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/../infocentral/dining/diningguide/downtown.asp) Dining Guide
Wolfgang Puck Express
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
Hours: Breakfast 8:30 am - 11:30am
Lunch & Dinner 11:30 am – 10:00 pm
Type: Counter Service
Price Range: Items Under $10
Advanced Dining Reservations: No
Cuisine: Light Californian Fare
Description: Get a taste of California cuisine with oven-fired pizzas, rotisserie chicken, garlic mashed potatoes and gourmet salads and sandwiches.