PDA

View Full Version : Has it been?

motherhamv
08-01-2007, 11:05 AM
I guess it has been awhile since we have gone to EPCOT. The last time we went to Akershus, it was all buffet.

So now, you have a buffet "salad bar", order your dinner plate, and get a dessert tray for the table to share. Is this right??

tinksmom02
08-01-2007, 10:49 PM
I'm pretty sure that's the info on Intercot...someone will come along and confirm, though!

TINKERBELL_82
08-01-2007, 10:52 PM
The salad bar and plated meal are correct, but I didn't have dessert and can't remember how they did it!

nicole48040
08-01-2007, 11:09 PM
Yes, you have it all correct. As for the dessert, if you all like something in particular just ask for more and they will bring it out:thumbsup:

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
08-01-2007, 11:20 PM
:thumbsup: The dessert tray is our favorite part of the meal! :blush:

frakers
08-02-2007, 11:55 AM
We used to love Akershus. It was, by far, our favorite restaurant. Then they changed the way the food was served. There was still the buffet but they brought you an entree off a small menu. You could get as many of whatever or one of everything if you wanted (although not all at the same time). That changed a bit in that you still can do that but it is not mentioned and is somewhat frowned on when you ask, or at least you get a chilly reception when you ask.
Then it became a Princess meal and they upped the price. Now, we have 2 boys, one of whom is blind, and neither of them care about the Princesses. Maybe when they get older but not now. When we went last year on the free dining plan, Jasmine came around and practically forced herself on our older son, who was 4 at the time. She kept asking if he wanted a kiss and he would say no. She kept on and on and finally did it anyway. The picture we have is funny because he is standing there like "whatever".
Anyway, the point is that there was no good reason to make the changes they did. What Princess, exactly, is from Norway? It was a popular place that Disney felt they could spend less on and charge more for.

Olga
08-02-2007, 12:20 PM
Exactly what we had there for dinner last October - salat bar, plate, dessert to share.