PDA

View Full Version : Deposit question

dizneynut
08-01-2007, 07:32 AM
I will be going to WDW in July 2008!!! :cloud9: We will be celebrating my oldest daughters high school graduation so she has asked two friends if they would like to join us. (I have talked about this in another thread). The two friends are trying to save money but are not sure if they will be able to come.
I am trying to plan this trip as reasonably priced as possible but I also want to stay in a resort we enjoy.
My husband & I will be getting APs :thumbsup:so I am hoping a discount will come out for that timeframe. I do know it is not a guarantee.
With all of that being said...We would like to stay in the Wilderness lodge but will only be able to do so if good discounts come out, due to the friends. If I were to book the two rooms, then come June timeframe could I change the resort with out losing our deposit on the Wilderness lodge? I guess I would also worry about room availablity if we had to transfer to our other favorite POFQ.
I love planning these vacations but this is going to be a challenge!
Thank you all for help & advice! :blush:
Gail:mickey:

watch4pixiedust
08-02-2007, 04:05 PM
With summer being such a busy time, I think discounts are rare, but good luck! I hope you get one!

You would not lose your deposit on WL if you find you need to change to POFQ, the amount of your balance would just be different, and the "extra" you paid in your deposit would go toward the balance.

Something to consider with possibly needing to change your reservation so close to your dates, are the differences in the change/cancellation policies for a room-only reservation, vs a package reservation. With a package, your final payment must be made by 45 days prior to your arrival. After that, there is a $50 change fee and a $10 procession fee for any changes to the reservation. With a room-only, you can make changes at any time, and the balance is due at check-in. The flexibility that room-only allows may be helpful since you won't know which resort until so close to your trip.
And room availability in July could be an issue, it's good that you have thought about it.

Bottom line, I would suggest letting Magical Journeys take care of your rooms, and that would leave you free to have fun planning your days.

What a wonderful way for your daughter to celebrate her graduation! Have fun!!

disneymom2000
08-05-2007, 06:38 PM
I have been thinking about your post. I too have looked at Wilderness Lodge but with three late-teenage girls, I think they would enjoy POFQ more than WL. I am taking my nephew who just graduated and I allowed him to choose which resort to stay at and his final choices where the Boarkwalk Inn and the POFQ. Not only was he interested in the POFQ resort itself and what it offered, he also liked the idea that he could take the boat to Downtown Disney at a whim. We wound up booking at the Boardwalk due to the nightlife of the Boardwalk and it's location to EPCOT which he is seriously interested in.