PDA

View Full Version : Mousekeeping question

Ms.Disney
07-31-2007, 11:27 PM
This will be our first onsite trip, I was wondering where do you put the tip for mousekeeping so they know its for them?
Thanks

chicade88
08-01-2007, 12:08 AM
Wondering the same thing...how do they know they aren't just taking your spare money from the room? I just don't get it... We aren't big tippers anyway but this tipping just seems weird to me!

DreamFinder2
08-01-2007, 12:08 AM
We always print out envelopes before we go, then place them - daily - in a conspicuous location...by the sink, next to the phone, etc.

There are a TON of websites where you can get Mousekeeping tips envelope templates for printing...not sure about the guidelines for posting here, but just Google "mousekeeping envelopes" and you'll get a bunch of results.

I like printing a different one for each day, and "pre stuff" them before we leave so we don't have to worry about having cash each day.

Good Luck!

Tink#64
08-01-2007, 12:51 AM
I bought some Disney stickers before I left home & fixed "Mousekeeping" envelopes. I left them each day - usually around the sink area. Being marked in this way - they knew the envelope was meant for them!
:yes: :tiphat:

SurferStitch
08-01-2007, 06:19 AM
Before I made our own "Mousekeeping" envelopes for last year's trip, we'd just leave cash on the pillow of the bed we slept in. That way, they had to know it was for them. We also did this with the envelopes, too.

Making the envelopes was fun, and definitely made the tip noticeable. It also shows them how much you appreciate their services. I added characters to them (clipart) and themed them for our Christmas trip.

KylesMom
08-01-2007, 09:25 AM
Typically left in the sink area, Mousekeepers leave a tent-card with their name on it to let you know who is primarily in charge of taking care of your room. Unless you open the small card up, you'd never notice it! It took us a few years before we realized what the small cards were.

We place the money under the tent card each morning, and it has never been denied. I also usually write a quick "Thank You" each day so they know they're appreciated. :mickey:

Aggie97
08-01-2007, 01:53 PM
We just leave the tip on the nightstand or on top of a bed pillow -- no one has ever missed it! :mickey:

dolphinmickey9170
08-01-2007, 04:05 PM
We made our own envelopes with Disney stickers, wrote on the outside, and left it either on the sink, on the nightstand, or on our pillow.

Thank You Mousekeeping!!

9 more days!!

Lucyrella
08-01-2007, 04:08 PM
Okay I know what the tip rate is for dining, and for luggage handling, but I am not sure what is proper for mousekeeping.

Can somebody shed some light on it for me? Is there a standard percentage? I have never stayed in a hotel for a long period of time to know what is correct.

I guess I am just in the dark...:hide2:

starrmomof2
08-01-2007, 04:09 PM
Like other posters, we made Mousekeeping envelopes and put the tips in them before leaving home, so they were ready each day as we left the room. I always set them by the sink so they would be sure to be noticed.

KylesMom
08-01-2007, 04:12 PM
We typically leave a $1 per person tip per day. Unless, of course, Mousekeeping has gone out of the way to get us more of something - or if we've been really piggy. :blush: Then we leave a bit more.

HOLITRIN
08-01-2007, 06:17 PM
We leave an envelope everyday for Mousekeeping and leave $1 per person in the room. However our last visit, we had 3 teenage boys with us. They had their own room and we needed to leave a bit more than $1 per boy. They were a bit messy.:sorry:

Bubbie Girl
08-01-2007, 09:23 PM
We always leave a note With a Thank-you and the $ on the table and they always know its for them. We also leave $1.00 per person per day.

DisneyorBust
08-01-2007, 10:05 PM
Like Dreamfinder 2 stated; we 'pre-make" our envelopes. We print them with a big "Mousekeeping", pre-stuff them with the appropriate amount of $ and leave them on the bathroom sink. Gotta appreciate all of their hard work!

Ms.Disney
08-02-2007, 02:47 PM
Thank you for all your responses! I am really gald I asked, now I get to make Mousekeeping envelopes :party:

IloveDisney71
08-02-2007, 10:45 PM
Thank you for all your responses! I am really gald I asked, now I get to make Mousekeeping envelopes :party:
I would definitely make mousekeeping envelopes. I have just left cash on a pillow with just a quick "Thank you" on a note and he never took it during our whole trip. :( I always wondered why he didn't take it??? Ever since then, I've left my tip in an envelope and they always take that.
I read last week where someone on this website said that the "mousekeepers" are not supposed to take tips...but I always like to thank them for cleaning up after my messy family! :)

Momof2boys
08-03-2007, 09:32 AM
Last trip I let the boys decorate the envelopes with MOUSEKEEPING written on them. THey colored and used stickers to make them bright & cheery. When we left for the parks, we'd place the envelope propped up on the bathroom sink.

pook@wdw
08-04-2007, 07:02 PM
We seal the tip in an envelope, mark it for Mousekeeping and leave it daily in a well-seen place. Usually on the sink or the table. And we always write a big ole' THANK YOU on the envelope too. :D

Donalds Duckie
08-04-2007, 07:49 PM
I sometimes take Mousekeeping envelopes but generally leave the money with a note in the sink area. I generally travel solo so I always leave $3 or $1 per person if traveling with others. I leave more if I request something in my note or if they go the extra mile. When not traveling.

I also leave a tip for nightly turndown service when I stay deluxe.

DisneyLuvRSince76
08-04-2007, 07:52 PM
Question regarding tipping for turn-down service: If you go back to your room to nap/freshen-up after Mousekeeping has visited, do you tip an additional $1 per person (in the evening) for this service?

Donalds Duckie
08-04-2007, 09:53 PM
Question regarding tipping for turn-down service: If you go back to your room to nap/freshen-up after Mousekeeping has visited, do you tip an additional $1 per person (in the evening) for this service?

Personally, I follow the same formula when tipping for turndown service as I do for daily Mousekeeping. My experience has been at WDW, and especially at non-Disney hotels, that turndown service provides a general refresh of the room (straightening-up sink area/bathroom, towels, coffeepot if it's been used, picking up newspapers, etc.) as well as turning the bed(s) back, turning on music, lights, etc.

Spinmatt
08-05-2007, 04:33 PM
Just got back from POFQ. We left the tips in decorated envelopes (with a handwritten thank you) on the nightstand between the beds. White envelope on a dark brown nightstand was pretty obvious. The tip envelope was taken Mon through Friday, and each of those days the beds were turned down and towel animals were left. On the weekend, the tip envelopes were not taken, beds not turned down and no towel animals. (4 people in the room = $5 tip each day)