PDA

View Full Version : Football!!!!!

NH Disneyfan
07-31-2007, 10:48 PM
I will be in The World arriving Saturday, September 29. My home team, the NE Patriots are playing Monday night, October 1. We'll be staying at Fort Wilderness.

Besides the ESPN Club at Downtown, any good ideas out there for places close to Fort Wilderness where we can catch the game until Midnight?

Quasimodo
08-01-2007, 02:17 PM
I know there's a big screen TV in the lounge area in lobby of the Poly. Its upstairs next to Ohana. I've watch some football games there while waiting to eat at Ohana. There is a bar right next to the lounge, so you can get some drinks if you like.

Also, I remember there being a big screen TV at the Contemporary on the same level that Chef Mickey's is on. I can't remember exactly where it is. But I do remember it was off to the side behind a wall that separated it from the main walkway.

jwallace378
08-01-2007, 03:15 PM
ESPN Club at Boardwalk. The Contemporary has a couple of bars and lounges as well.

Maleficent's Dad
08-01-2007, 04:23 PM
The ESPN Club is located on Disney's Boardwalk, not DTD. It would, without question, be televising the game!

There's a bar at Ft Wilderness - Crockett's Tavern I believe - and can only assume they'd be showing it.

The WL's Territory Lounge has shown football games while we were there, so again, I'd assume it would be showing (and that's next door to FW, and by far the closest resort to FW). You could easily walk to this resort & sit in the lounge.

Your room, if you're staying in a Cabin, will have a TV for the Nationally Televised Game...

diznee_buzz
08-06-2007, 09:48 PM
We will be in the World on that Saturday and will be at the Poly watching the Auburn/Florida game. :football:

I've been to the ESPN club for March Madness before, and it was a really good crowd and alot of fun! :basket:

kakn7294
08-07-2007, 06:20 AM
For a Monday Night Football game, you could hit any lounge on property and the game would probably be on. Each resort has one. However, since it's a nationally televised game, you could watch it in your room if you prefer to watch alone. Personally, we love the ESPN Club but it gets busy quickly for events like the NFL. You could also go to the All Star Cafe at the Wide World of Sports but you either have to take a taxi or drive yourself if you have a car - there is no Disney provided transportation to this location.

stpats317
08-23-2007, 12:45 PM
We were there in January of '06 (and if my memory serves me correctly, my Denver Broncos beat your team in a stunning playoff victory) and had planned to to the ESPN club. We were so beat by a full day in the parks that we ended up watching the game in our room. There was no question for the folks in the rooms around us who we were rooting for. :number1: We had fun wearing our Bronco jerseys to the parks that day and had lots of good-natured banter with NE fans.

We're back on 9/27 and will once again plan on ESPN for our 9/30 game against Indy. (The spirit is always willing but the flesh is weak.)

Anyway, good luck to your team and enjoy the game whereever you end up.

DVC2004
08-23-2007, 01:20 PM
The tambu lounge at the Poly has a big screen and comfy seating, as well as some of the best drinks on property. I have seen sporting events on tv there. That is close to Ft. Wilderness. Otherwise you can't go wrong with the ESPN Club.

brewcrew26
08-24-2007, 12:58 PM
When the Packers a few years ago were playing a pre-season game we had a blast at ESPN Club. Even though I was getting harassed for wearing a Packers jersey by some Bears fans, it was great.

We've also watched games in the POR lounge and I had some great chicken wings.

lockedoutlogic
08-24-2007, 10:51 PM
[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]We were there in January of '06 (and if my memory serves me correctly, my Denver Broncos beat your team in a stunning playoff victory) and had planned to to the ESPN club.
FONT]

I seem to remember the following weekend....

If memory serves....said little ponies were taken behind the woodshed and thrashed....in the invincible stadium located on the grounds of the stadium formerly known as milehigh....

By a 23 year old QB named Big Ben and the greatest franchise in NFL history......the 3rd leg of the greatest playoff run...bar none...in NFL history.....the Road Warriors