PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever changed hotels during your stay?

Clotho
07-31-2007, 06:11 PM
This is not a split-stay question. I am talking about having made reservations for your full stay in one resort, but once you stay there a few days, you find you would prefer another.

I am asking because we are staying at the Poly, and while I do NOT anticipate finding any fault with it, it is a distinct possibility that we may prefer our experiences at the Boardwalk due to its proximity to World Showcase--our favorite part of the Kingdom on our last trip, incidentally.

Has anyone requested to move to another hotel and been accommodated? How did they handle it if the hotel you are moving to costs less per night? Do they move your bags for you, or do you have to do it yourself?

Just a curious question I had, on my 30 day countdown!!

PeterPanFan
08-01-2007, 10:53 AM
Yes we actually did move one time. We were at the poly. It was very nice we just got board there. They moved everything perfectly and had a disney smile.

tink'72
08-01-2007, 11:46 AM
We switched from AKL to Coronado with no problems.

Dicecatt262
08-01-2007, 01:53 PM
I've never done what you are asking, but I will tell you this...I just stayed at the Boardwalk, and would pick the Polynesian over it hands down. And getting to Epcot is easy with the monorial right there...you can walk to the TTC from the Poly and hop right on! Not near World Showcase, but still very easy.

Clotho
08-01-2007, 03:29 PM
I've never done what you are asking, but I will tell you this...I just stayed at the Boardwalk, and would pick the Polynesian over it hands down. And getting to Epcot is easy with the monorial right there...you can walk to the TTC from the Poly and hop right on! Not near World Showcase, but still very easy.

Your commentary is exactly why I am asking this, actually. We thought, "Oh, the Epcot accessibility will be great with the monorail!" but didn't really think it through entirely that we would be dropped at the front gate and have to hike all the way back to World Showcase to get to where we really love to spend our time.

I am excited for the Polynesian, and as I said, I doubt I will truly want to leave. I grew up with our family trip being Honolulu every year, and I am eager to have some sights, sounds, and smells of my childhood memories surround me on this trip while having all the amenities and fun of my favorite vacation spot--DISNEYWORLD!! But we genuinely loved Boardwalk and all it had to offer, including proximity to WS, I just want to know what my options are. Of course, it may not be an option to move, being that things are seemingly very full and busy the time I am going thanks to Free Dining, but it's worth knowing just in case.

Thanks, everyone!

mouseketeer mom
08-01-2007, 03:45 PM
When we checked in at WL villas this past February the room REEKED of smoke after we said we required a non smoking room. It was choking, the air. We were sooo unhappy and requested a change to another resort. Disney was extremely accomodating with our request, but then found us a better room in a better location within the villas and after assuring it was non smoking., we stayed. So, we didn't end up switching, but upon our request to move to the Poly, Disney was more than willing to help us.
Hope this helped!

Wrigley
08-01-2007, 04:04 PM
We have actually changed hotels a few times during our stays. On of our trips we started at WL, then moved to POLY for a few nights, then CBR for a few nights, WL again for one night, and then CR for our last night. We wanted to try out as many resorts as possible during our stay! Disney actually will take care of your luggage and make sure that it gets to your next resort. You can check out of your resort and drop off your luggage at the front desk, then head out to a park and when you return to your new resort your luggage will be waiting for you. It's always fun to stay at a few different resorts during your trip!!! There are so many good ones to choose from so this makes the deciding a bit easier.:mickey: