PDA

View Full Version : I wish The Travel Channel would bring back Great Hotels and do a Disney Edition

caryrae
07-31-2007, 05:18 PM
I wish the Travel Channel would bring back Samantha Brown and Great Hotels so she could finish visiting the rest of the Disney Resorts. Maybe they could have a Great Hotels Disney Edition and have shows for each of them.

These are the Disney Resorts Great Hotels never went to I think.

All Star Movies
All Star Music
All Star Sports
Pop Century
Caribbean Beach Resort
Coronado Springs Resort
Port Orleans Riverside Resort
Port Orleans French Quarter Resort
BoardWalk Inn
Contemporary Resort
Polynesian Resort
Walt Disney World Swan
Walt Disney World Dolphin
Old Key West Resort
Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa

I guess there was only like 5 they did shows on GF, AKL, BC, YC, and WL.
I know she went on the Boardwalk but never did a show staying at the boardwalk.

ibrowse17
07-31-2007, 05:39 PM
DW and I really enjoy Samantha Brown. The shows shw did at Disney where fun. Our favorite was one she did about Christmas at Disney. After watching that DW said to set up a Christmas trip, which I happily did:thumbsup:

Dracula766
07-31-2007, 06:12 PM
The Value and Moderate resorts don't really compare to the Hotels featured in the Great Hotels series.

The Swan & Dolphin aren't really "100% Disney"

OKW And SSR are mainly vacation club resorts.

CR is a great hotel in my eyes, but again, doesn't really stand up to other locations featured on the show.

Now, the Polynesian, that one needs a Great Hotels episode! :thumbsup:

Maybe one day they'll come back and do a feature on it.

SBETigg
07-31-2007, 06:17 PM
The Value and Moderate resorts don't really compare to the Hotels featured in the Great Hotels series.

I agree- the show is Great Hotels. The Value and moderates are pretty great to WDW fans perhaps, but they don't live up to the criteria that makes a truly great hotel, by the show standards. But it would be nice to see all of the deluxes featured. I think Samantha is doing a Latin America series now.

caryrae
07-31-2007, 06:21 PM
I don't know I think any hotel in WDW is a "great hotel".

ImagiAsh
08-01-2007, 11:30 AM
I agree! I really think they should do a mini series on Disney Great Hotels. I think they should just focus on the deluxe resorts though, as I agree with the posters above saying that the value and moderate resorts don't exactly live up to the standards set on the show. Samantha Brown is basically living everyones dream vacations for a job.

bleukarma
08-01-2007, 11:48 AM
I was watching some of her Latin America shows and in one episode she was afraid to swim with sharks. She said that she’d do anything to not do it, she’ll even stay in a budget hotel!!! She should live up to it and do a special on all the Disney Resorts!!! Actually, she ended up swimming with the sharks so I guess she doesn’t have to, but I think people would watch it whether it lives up to the other resort standards or not. It would be fun to watch her playing around at Pop, and I’m surprised she hasn’t gone to the Poly.