PDA

View Full Version : So when you go to WDW, do you

Pixie Power
07-31-2007, 04:57 PM
Dress your entire family alike? Similar? Not at all?

What do you & your family do?:mickey:

jszczur5
07-31-2007, 05:00 PM
We do not dress alike at all.

pook@wdw
07-31-2007, 05:03 PM
We never dress alike! (God forbid our 14 yr old DD dress anything like her parents!) Looking back, though, we have inadvertently worn similar colors, but not on purpose. But my DH has some the most unusual and funny t-shirts, so he's not hard to spot!:D

Jasper
07-31-2007, 05:05 PM
We never actually went so far as dressing alike however we did used to dress the kids in bright colors as a way of finding them more easily in a crowd. Since my kids are now 22, 18, and 11, we obviously no longer do that. However, we do always have a gathering point if we get seperated even at this age.

Marker
07-31-2007, 05:13 PM
Well, we all wear pants, does that count?

Actually we all wear shirts and shoes too. Other than that, it's just not happening.

grumpycajun
07-31-2007, 05:52 PM
:funny: Hey Marker, good one! That's my kind of sense of humor. I bet DW would roll her eyes at you, too. Pook@wdw, Your DD and my DD would get along just fine. He's entirely too cool to dress like the rest of us.:cool: I'm still shocked we got him to wear an American flag shirt like us when we were there on the fourth. Good thing we got a picture.

kakn7294
07-31-2007, 06:07 PM
On our last 2 trips, we've been there during football season and we all wore our Steeler stuff on game day - we went to the ESPN Club for the games. My DD's and I all bought and wore MVMCP sweatshirts in December - however, it was cold and we needed them! We don't normally dress alike though.

playdead88
07-31-2007, 06:10 PM
we may all have a disney shirt of some sort but we don't wear the same thing :mickey:

DisneyTwinsMommy
07-31-2007, 06:12 PM
We usually don't dress alike, but we do round up all of our disney t-shirt to bring along... What better place to wear them!!

However, next trip will be our twins first trip, so I bought everyone matching t-shirts and we can wear them one night when we go to a character dinner and take lots of pictures... I know it's silly, but where else can you be silly!!! :mickey:

SBETigg
07-31-2007, 06:12 PM
We do not dress alike. I have to change my shirt if it is even in the same color scheme as my husband's shirt, or he changes his. He thinks it is so dorky to dress alike-- but I think it's cute. I've tried to dress us alike a few times over the years, but he always thwarts my plans.

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
07-31-2007, 06:49 PM
Not gonna happen with my family. ;):secret:

garymacd
07-31-2007, 07:07 PM
Dress your entire family alike? Similar? Not at all?

Not dress at all???

What kind of park do you think this is???:laughing:

CandleontheWater
07-31-2007, 07:23 PM
athough the idea of my husband wearing a pink princess shirt is really funny.... No we don't dress alike.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
07-31-2007, 08:19 PM
My sis wanted us to get matching tees for all of us for our upcoming trip. My nephews said no way! We've never dressed alike.

crazypoohbear
07-31-2007, 08:40 PM
This was an exact quote from my DS's when I suggested we all get the same color tee shirt to wear!
Of course I held up a day glo yellow (Construction/prison work release color):D
For a while there will be 11 of us at the parks and as a Joke I made this suggestion. You would have thought I suggested all the boy's dress as their fav. princess!
The boy's did all get camo shirts to wear while they hunt down divine in AK

mttafire
07-31-2007, 09:12 PM
We dress different..Next time I'll be wearing my Intercot Tshirt!! Thanks to washing machines at the resorts...I'll wear it twice.:blush:

caryrae
07-31-2007, 09:14 PM
Well since it's just my wife and me I would have to say she dresses me but not alike. I guess she'd rather not dress like me.

IloveDisney71
07-31-2007, 09:15 PM
We do not dress alike. The only time I dressed my children alike was when they were 2 & 3 years old. I only did that so in case one got separated, I could easily find them. I think it's fun to see groups of people with the same shirts on, but I don't think I could ever get my family to that.

LoriMistress
07-31-2007, 09:42 PM
We don't dress alike. I will wear maybe a Disney shirt, or wear a sweat shirt, but I don't make tourist homemade shirts. I'm sure once DH and I start having kids, than it will be a bit different.

tinksmom02
07-31-2007, 09:52 PM
Generally we don't dress alike, but my Dad had T-shirts made up in honor of our trip in January and we all wore them to CRT.

And since they were dated '07, DH, DD and I can wear them again in Sept LOL

I did buy us all POTC shirts to wear in Sept, but they're all different styles and designs. DD is almost 5, so we're still at that stage where we can get away with things like that. (Actually, DD and I have a couple of outfits that match, or are at least similar. She thinks she's something else because she matches Mommy.)

So I guess DD and I, at least, are "That Family." And I'm OK with that. :blush:

hnybear22
08-01-2007, 12:22 AM
I have been shopping for our Sept trip for the past few months.
Thanks to the 2.99 sales and coupons from the Disney Stores, DH,DD & I have 9 matching ( or simular) t shirts.
This is what they get for making me make all the decisions for the planning and packing.
I did OK the shirts with DH. No princess or Pooh shirts for him- DH got Mickey and Donald, DD &I got Minnie and Daisy.
If you see a "dorky" family having a great time and smiling ear to ear in sept/ say Hi cause it will be us:mickey:

Pixie Power
08-01-2007, 12:27 AM
Not dress at all???

What kind of park do you think this is???:laughing:

:laughing:

Not dress at all alike, silly! :blush:

Gottaluvgoof
08-01-2007, 08:48 AM
My children would sooner die, I'm sure..:D The boys especially. :)

wedway76
08-01-2007, 09:07 AM
My children would sooner die, I'm sure..:D The boys especially. :)

:ditto:

Plus the first phase of my wife's trip is shopping for clothes for her to wear, and believe me my son and I would look pretty silly in any of her outfits.

irish1967
08-01-2007, 09:26 AM
We never actually went so far as dressing alike however we did used to dress the kids in bright colors as a way of finding them more easily in a crowd. Since my kids are now 22, 18, and 11, we obviously no longer do that. However, we do always have a gathering point if we get seperated even at this age.

Yep - we did this when the boys (now 10 and 7) were smaller so we could find them easily in the crowd if we got separated.

Now - occasionally DH and the boys will wear the same shirt for a special dinner (I got them matching WDW baseball jerseys this year) but for the most part - it wouldn't even be worth my breath to suggest it - it would be vetoed!

avantgardeinker
08-01-2007, 09:31 AM
We don't dress alike at all. I hate being dressed like someone I'm with. I know it may be easier to find each other, but we just have a particular meeting place when we separate.

127 more days!!
:mickey:

DizNee143
08-01-2007, 09:33 AM
we dress like its any other day of the year...i dont think we even all dressed alike when i was younger...maybe me and my sister were dressed the same but never everyone...:mickey:

mook3y
08-01-2007, 10:38 AM
We did last year! Twice. We bought matching dark blue micky polo shirts and the Mickey Minnie hawaiian shirts/dresses that we all wore.

They made for some of our favorite pictures!

But... our children were DD2 DS4 so it was easy to get them to go along! They thought it was great!

This year, we will be doing it again on a day or 2.

I am sure at some point, it just wont be cool to do it anymore. But till then, we love the pictures!

traceyo1
08-01-2007, 04:06 PM
Looks like we matchers are in the minority. I too went online and bought matching Mickey and the gang shirts for $5.99 each for DH, 2 DDs and myself (a different one for each day we are in the parks). For our gathering of 14, I even went one step farther and bought 4 different styles jackets/hoodies for 1-the men 2-the women 3-the boy children and 4-the girl children and gave them as birthday gifts to everyone through out the year. I spent $125 online at Disney shopping and got 14 birthday presents so even if everyone else thinks I am a dork and won't wear them at the same time, at least they got a good present for Disney and I wasn't out a lot of $$$.

Wrigley
08-01-2007, 04:11 PM
We never dress alike. When we were younger and would travel with my parents, my dad always had this thing about making sure none of us matched in any way. He hates dressing similar to others in the group. My DH would never go for it either. :mickey:

CuteAsMinnie
08-01-2007, 07:48 PM
Noooo we do not dress alike at all. Not really sure why anyone would do this????:confused:

mook3y
08-01-2007, 10:00 PM
Noooo we do not dress alike at all. Not really sure why anyone would do this????:confused:

For the pictures to tease our children with when they are teenagers... why else! :thedolls:

Actually, we just wear matching shirts.

DisneyorBust
08-01-2007, 10:00 PM
We don't dress alike either. Don't have anything against it personally, just have never had the desire.

hnybear22
08-02-2007, 01:20 AM
That's OK- all of you "individual" people keep doing that!!
When the DReam Team is looking for the family to award the Castle stay to and they see our easy to spot family, cause we are all dressed alike, I will wave to you as I cartwheeel past all of you:mickey:

dolphinmickey9170
08-02-2007, 03:57 AM
Nope, no dressing alike in our family. With two teen DDs? Yeah right!:D

conorsmom2000
08-02-2007, 06:57 AM
No, we definitely don't - I can't see my husband going for that idea! :D But, I do have a friend who either goes to WDW or on the Disney cruise with her family often and they always design a family t-shirt for her group (there's about 14 total that go) and they've had some really clever designs! :mickey:

Fantasmic
08-02-2007, 07:06 AM
No we don't dress alike!!!

Stu29573
08-02-2007, 10:00 AM
Although it does make practical sense (especially with a large group involving small kids) we have never done it.....Still, I don't knock people who do...I just try to be understanding of their dorkiness :mickey:

(No offense, I'm just one of those individualistic guys....)

Disney_Barbie
08-02-2007, 10:13 AM
Me, my mom & sisters do. But only really once a trip. We all buy the same character shirt every trip (generally ends up being a princess or tinkerbell or minnie) and we pick a day to all wear it.
When we were kids we NEVER would have dreamed of doing this, but now I'm the youngest in my mid-twenties and we all are married, some of us with kids. So we find it a lot funnier now than we would have as teenagers!

Pixie Power
08-02-2007, 12:20 PM
That's OK- all of you "individual" people keep doing that!!
When the DReam Team is looking for the family to award the Castle stay to and they see our easy to spot family, cause we are all dressed alike, I will wave to you as I cartwheeel past all of you:mickey:

:laughing: Yeah, we'll be doing the same thing when we're there very soon. ;)

Sometimes our entire family will wear the same shirt *a Mickey Polo or Disney t-shirt*. Sometimes the girls will wear the same thing *sometimes just shirts, sometimes shirts & shorts* & then DH and I will wear matching shirts. Sometimes it's just the girls that match and DH and I will coordinate with them as best we can. & when DH and I go to see :mickey: by ourselves, we either match our shirts or coordinate with one another...it makes for a nice picture, that is for sure. :thumbsup:

We didn't use to be this way, but the more we've gone, the 'worse' I've gotten about being matchy-matchy. I figure I've only got a few more years to match the DDs b/c our oldest is 11 now. :laughing:

hnybear22
08-02-2007, 12:30 PM
Thanks Pixie Power!
I was beginning to think I was all alone:blush:

I think it is just a fun way to get in the spirit and makes vacation just a little more special.
After we get home, I go thru all the pics and see which one I will use on our chirstmas card.

You have seen the pictures of a family on the beach in matching clothes- and nobody calls them "Dorky"
Oh well, I was Dorky in high school so this is nothing new for me!:grouphug:

crazeedizneefinatic
08-02-2007, 12:53 PM
We dress like we normally do at home. Although I l-o-v-e to do the vacation shopping. Nothing like new everything! I never understood the matching clothes thing, but to each is own. I can see maybe a T-shirt for a special occassion like a family reunion or special birthday or something like that maybe. No offense to anyone that likes to do this, just not our cup of tea.:mickey:

Pixie Power
08-02-2007, 01:33 PM
Thanks Pixie Power!
I was beginning to think I was all alone:blush:

I think it is just a fun way to get in the spirit and makes vacation just a little more special.
After we get home, I go thru all the pics and see which one I will use on our chirstmas card.

You have seen the pictures of a family on the beach in matching clothes- and nobody calls them "Dorky"
Oh well, I was Dorky in high school so this is nothing new for me!:grouphug:

Yeah, I know we're NOT alone in our "dorkiness" b/c of ALL those OTHER families that we see dressed alike when we're @ WDW! ;)

And again, hopefully our "dorkiness" will help us stand out to the Dream Team Patrol and we'll get a good prize next trip!:thumbsup:

AvonleaCF
08-02-2007, 04:43 PM
One trip when my sister and I were little my parents dressed us in matching Minnie t-shirts, but our parents didn't wear them! That was the one and only time. The pictures are cute, but if we had been any older, it would have looked silly.

Disneyatic
08-02-2007, 05:01 PM
I would love for our family to do this while DD7 is still un-embarrassed by us! But DH is a big guy and needs 3x or 4x t-shirts so it limits our choices! I have looked and looked for Disney shirts bigger than 2x for him and can't find anything!
So I have bought similiar things for DD and me and DH can just wear a solid that coordinates!

If anyone has suggestions for finding bigger Disney shirts, I would love the info!

AdventurerKim
08-03-2007, 10:10 AM
We never all dress alike on regular park days, but when we plan to get pictures taken of all of us (six total), the three couples wear matching t-shirts. Once or twice we got pictures where we were all wearing the same t-shirt. My parents wear the same shirts everyday; they coordinate. My DH says we will never do that.

Pixie Power
08-08-2007, 12:47 AM
I would love for our family to do this while DD7 is still un-embarrassed by us! But DH is a big guy and needs 3x or 4x t-shirts so it limits our choices! I have looked and looked for Disney shirts bigger than 2x for him and can't find anything!
So I have bought similiar things for DD and me and DH can just wear a solid that coordinates!

If anyone has suggestions for finding bigger Disney shirts, I would love the info!

Liz, I *think* when I was on disneyshopping.com recently I saw some adult shirts that went up to 3 or 4x, if that helps.:thumbsup:

Cinderelley
08-08-2007, 02:40 AM
We just wear whatever we want. Sometimes DD and I wear the same t-shirt.

BritCody
08-08-2007, 06:28 AM
Everybody dresses differently

robyn221
08-08-2007, 08:49 AM
Since the plan is that we will take at least one pic to be used on Christmas cards this year, we will probably coordinate our outfits at least one day but (contrary to my MIL & SIL's best efforts) we are not a "matching outfit" family.

Robyn:mickey:

traceyo1
08-08-2007, 09:21 AM

Go to the disney shopping web site. I found several different styles/colors of shirts available in 4X. You may have to check a few different ones but I just bought 5 and they came in every size from adult medium to 4X. The style was with the disney characters in the shape of Mickey and also the one that looks like the American flag. I bought them about a month ago for $5.95 each. Good Luck!

Momof2boys
08-08-2007, 10:30 AM
Not alike - however last year I bought us bright orange baseball caps with Mickey on them from the Disney store (they were clearanced out at $1.50). We wore them each day and it was so easy to spot each other in a crowded area, and easy to keep an eye on the kids. We've saved them and will wear them again this October.

mac badger
08-08-2007, 12:37 PM
my husband and i always wear matching shirts-hawaiian shirts or mickey t-shirts. it does make it easy to spot each other but the real reason we do it is because its fun:mickey:
we only wear these shirts at WDW so it makes it more festive, and i dont care if it makes us look dorky. i'm the one bawling my eyes out when the singers do "right down the middle of main street", so i can't be too worried about dorkiness

ryca1dreams
08-08-2007, 12:56 PM
We will normally wear Disney t-shirts, but not matching. Last year my wife made us all wear matching Incredibles t-shirts one day and we had our picture made with Mr. Incredible - It was for an unorthodox, but cool and tasteful, Christmas card.

Texas Tinkerbell Too
08-08-2007, 05:48 PM
Yes, this year we are going with 2 other families. My best friend is really into the matching thing with her family, even here at home. So, we now have all the children wearing shorts and shirts alike. It has not progressed to the adults yet. I don't think the DH's would approve.

In years past, I have at least coordinated our colors or patterns each day for pictures-sake. I do believe this is necessary. If pictures are important to you.:mickey:

cheshirekitty
08-09-2007, 08:05 AM
We do not dress alike. I do shop for Disney T-shirts and we wear those some days, but they do not match. This Sept. my DD and I will wear matching tinkerbell baseball hats, don't think we have a single chance at getting our guys into those.